Thread: Activate/Port from Tracfone

Carriers
    StraightTalk
    PagePlus
    Feedback Score

Activate/Port from Tracfone

ok, some of the old threads make me nervous and my porting experience was not fun either. I am about to try and activate/port 2 lines from Tracfone to PP for my in-laws. Is the account number for Tracfone just the MEID of there current phones? Can the activate/port be done in one shot like the app implies? The Tracfone accounts are active so there should not be any problems but those are always famous last words.

Phone
    HTC Droid Incredible 2
    Carriers
    PagePlus Cellular
    Feedback Score
    No, the MEID is NOT the account #. You need to get the account # and passcode from your inlaws before initiating the ports. But you DO need the MEIDs/ESNs of whatever phones you're going to use on PPC, and triple check them to make sure you make no mistakes with the MEIDs/ESNs. Yes, port and activation can be processed in one step. If you're nervous, use a reputable dealer. One reputable dealer has a special for free ports going on right now.

EDIT:
    Based on the posts below, for Tracfone, the MEID number IS the account number. Sorry for the misinformation!
    Last edited by Boz1; 07-21-2012 at 03:03 PM.
    PagePlus---13 Years & Counting . . . . . Lycamobile---1 Year & Counting
    *Ericsson AF738, Jul 2001-Dec 2003, *Qualcomm QCP 2760, Dec 2003-Feb 2008, *LG VX-8600, Feb 2008-Apr 2010, *Samsung Omnia SCH-i910, Apr 2010-Nov 2011, *HTC Droid Incredible (CM7.2 ROM), Nov 2011-Jun 2013, *HTC Droid Incredible 2 (CM7.2 ROM), Jun 2013-Present

Feedback Score
    Actually for Tracfone the MEID number is the account number.
    Are at least it was six months ago when I ported from Tracfone to Pageplus.

Carriers
    StraightTalk
    PagePlus
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Boz1 View Post
    No, the MEID is NOT the account #. You need to get the account # and passcode from your inlaws before initiating the ports. But you DO need the MEIDs/ESNs of whatever phones you're going to use on PPC, and triple check them to make sure you make no mistakes with the MEIDs/ESNs. Yes, port and activation can be processed in one step. If you're nervous, use a reputable dealer. One reputable dealer has a special for free ports going on right now.
    yep, I know what the MEID is but they were not given an account#. One Tracfone thread said to use the MEID as the Tracfone account but it was a few years ago. I'll just enter that and see what happens. What makes me nervous is PP's track record with ports. We shall see. If this goes smoothly I'll give props. Otherwise...

Carrier
    PagePlus - No Dealer Required
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by sjv View Post
    yep, I know what the MEID is but they were not given an account#. One Tracfone thread said to use the MEID as the Tracfone account but it was a few years ago. I'll just enter that and see what happens. What makes me nervous is PP's track record with ports. We shall see. If this goes smoothly I'll give props. Otherwise...
    I ported a number from trac recently and the account number IS your MEID/IMEI. The pass code is the last four of the phone number. Also free ports can be had on the official PP website. https://www.pagepluscellular.com/Onl.../Activate.aspx

I recently tested the "don't mention a PP Dealer by name" rule here on PP Hofo......trust me, it is still in effect - got me a 7 day ban.

Phones
    SAM T404g
    MOT W490,Nokia 6030
    SE TM506,LG VX5600
    Carrier
    T-MO/TRAC/VZ
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by tracnet View Post
    I ported a number from trac recently and the account number IS your MEID/IMEI. The pass code is the last four of the phone number. Also free ports can be had on the official PP website. https://www.pagepluscellular.com/Onl.../Activate.aspx
    Yes

i also have ported multiple phones from Trac & Net10 to VZ,TMOB,etc. This is the correct info.

Phone
    HTC Droid Incredible 2
    Carriers
    PagePlus Cellular
    Feedback Score
    Sorry for the misinformation! Maybe I'll remember that for similar questions in the future!

Carriers
    StraightTalk
    PagePlus
    Feedback Score
    Yes, it turns out the MEID is the account# for Tracfone. It also turns out this porting experience is as painful as it was 7 months ago when I ported my number in. PP somehow lost my first activation/porting request (filled out online on their web site) and the second one would not have gone through without several phone calls and hand-holding of both companies involved in the port. I am not sure what PP does with the information it requests on their web site since its as though none of the porting information was passed along to Tracfone. We are still waiting on the re-submitted second request but God only knows how many phone calls will have to be made to get them through another port. Heaven forbid a phone company actually processes a port smoothly! Its really not as hard as PP makes it seem.