Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: How can I get a Tracfone that is on Verizon's network?

Feedback Score

Question How can I get a Tracfone that is on Verizon's network?

We are out in the middle of the woods and the AT&T signal is zero to none here. What Tracfone can I purchase that will be on the Verizon network for sure?

Feedback Score
    You can get a CDMA Tracfone quite easily, but you cannot guarantee which carrier you get assigned to. Assuming that Verizon is available, you can call the best CS at 305-715-6500 and ask them to specifically use it. That usually works if they can get a phone number from the Verizon pool. If there is no local number available, you can give a different zip code and get a number there, but people will have to call you long distance. You will also be roaming all the time, which is sometimes a complication.

The modern CDMA Tracfones have a C at the end of the model number.

You can also pick up a used Verizon contract phone and put it on Page Plus. That is always Verizon. But make sure you aren't roaming, because it isn't free on Page Plus.

Phone
    Atrix/Skyrocket/R455C/Samsung Jack
    Carrier
    GoPhone LTE
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooterville View Post
    We are out in the middle of the woods and the AT&T signal is zero to none here. What Tracfone can I purchase that will be on the Verizon network for sure?
    samsung proclaim

Phones
    LG Optimus T
    Moto G
    Carrier
    T-Mobile Prepaid & Page Plus
    Feedback Score
    Maybe he doesn't want to pay $50 per month. Maybe he wants a by-the-minute TracFone (more likely).

Feedback Score
    Yea, just looking for a Tracfone that would be on Verizon.
    Last edited by Hooterville; 07-21-2012 at 08:57 PM.

Phone
    Atrix/Skyrocket/R455C/Samsung Jack
    Carrier
    GoPhone LTE
    Feedback Score
    well i hope there is more than one then.

Carriers
    AT&T Go Phone
    Feedback Score
    It depends what is the dominant carrier in the area. I went to three Wally Worlds with my stepbro this weekend and the more rural we got all the cells for either ST or Net 10 were all CDMA V which is Verizon. There were like 4 or 5. Closer to Oklahoma City, they were all or mostly GSM, either AT&T or T mobile.

If you are ordering online you can play with the zips and see the Verizon areas when most if not all the cells come up with the C at the end.

Phones
    Ascend Y, Proclaim, Ascend Plus
    Shorty, LG290C, VX5500, S380C, 235C, 440G
    401G
    Carriers
    America Movil, Virgin Mobile
    Page Plus
    Feedback Score
    Read this old forum discussion: http://www.howardforums.com/showthre...-from-Tracfone

About half way down the first page it gives zip codes that are CDMA only. Assuming you want to order online of course. These are 95% sure to be verizon. I have only heard once of someone getting a US cellular tracfone in the couple of years I've been monitoring this forum.

Phone
    LG VX5500 X2 (PPC) - LG800g (TF) - Nokia 6030 (T-Mo)
    Carriers
    Page Plus X2 (Verizon) - T-Mo2Go(GR) -
    Feedback Score
    65650 (Flemington, Mo) is a CDMA only zip code.

Carriers
    AT&T mobile share
    T-mobile prepaid
    Feedback Score
    Even though my area is predominant in GSM being thise are the only phones seen at retail stores I was able to order a cdma phone from the website using my zip code.

Feedback Score
    When I put in our zip on Tracfone "Shop Phones" it shows COGSM4 in the address bar. What kind of phones are COGSM4?

Carriers
    Verizon Wireless
    Sprint Prepaids (Virgin Mobile, Budget Mobile)
    Feedback Score
    When I put in our zip on Tracfone "Shop Phones" it shows COGSM4 in the address bar. What kind of phones are COGSM4?
    verizon/at&t

Feedback Score
    81432 (Ridgeway, CO) is a CDMA/Verizon only zip code.

Feedback Score
    I looked at the Walmart and the Target websites and found CDMA Tracfone's - phones with the C at the end were listed. When I selected any one of these a message came up that the phone would not work in my area... This is Metro NY and there is full Verizon coverage here. What does this mean?

Phones
    LG Optimus T
    Moto G
    Carrier
    T-Mobile Prepaid & Page Plus
    Feedback Score
    This means that they (TracFone) WANT you to get a GSM phone (most likely with a T-Mobile SIM). This is because they have their agreements in place, and it is less expensive for them to resell one of the GSM carriers' service to you (IOW, they make more if you accept what they recommend).

All you have to do is use a zip that points to a CDMA location, like RichardHo's post immediately before yours recommends.

From all the reading I've done, AT&T seems to have the most difficulty with network congestion in NYC (Manhattan especially). T-Mobile probably a lot less. Don't know about Verizon Wireless, but lots of members here will have a lot to share on that topic, I'm sure.

Point being, you can pick the provider you want using time-proven methods (within the limitations of the phone you've zeroed in on), based on criteria you evaluate yourself.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast