Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: How To: Fully Flash the Galaxy S3 to Metro (Sprint or Verizon)

Phones
    Verizon Galaxy Nexus Fully Flashed to Metro PCS! 3G Web And MMS
    Samsung Galaxy S3 Fully Flashed to Metro PCS! 3G WEB, and MMS
    AT&T Skyrocket on Simple Mobile with 4G Web
    Carriers
    Metro Pcs
    Feedback Score

How To: Fully Flash the Galaxy S3 to Metro (Sprint or Verizon)

First off, both phones carry an IMEI, and not an esn being that they are 4G LTE. You will have to change the IMEI to an ESN that can be accepted by Metro PCS. This practice is currently in the gray area of legality and so I cannot assist you on how to do so.

Once you have your galaxy S3 with an esn that can be accepted on Metro, you are ready to continue.

First off, like any flash, you will need to activate the esn on your account. Once this is done then put the Galaxy S3 in diag mode. Do this by opening the dialer and typing *#7284#

Now you have a readable port in CDMA workshop. *Note, if you do not have a legal copy of CDMA workshop this tutorial is not for you. CDMA Workshop is the software widely used by flashers everywhere and it is not free. There are no pirated copys available, and it is worth every penny to purchase. If you do not want to spend $100 to purchase the software then please take your phone to a local professional.

Now on to the flash. If you are flashing the Verizon Version send SPC of "000000" if you are flashing the Sprint version send the Samsung 16 Digit Pass code. *Note: Unlike other Samsung phones sending the 16 digit passcode will unlock the phone for flashing but will not release the SPC. For a guide to find the SPC (necessary for setting up youtube and media) please see the end of this post.

Next we will need to write "NV Only" to the phone and reset. Read your main tab, then navigate to R-UIM and select NV Only. If NV Only is already selected, select it again the write and reset. once phone has rebooted, on phone go to settings, more settings (under Wireless and Networks), Mobile Networks, Network mode, then select CDMA.

Now connect your phone to CDMA Workshop and flash it the same way you would any phone. Talk Text and Internet will work flawlessly. As for Picture Mail, set it up the exact same way as the Galaxy S2.

Your all set, Full flash on the S3...

Finding your (Sprint) SPC.

Universal RAM Method will find the SPC on this phone. However first we need to scan memory for readable addresses. Select the Memory tab, then select Scan Memory. this will take a while and may cause the phone to restart. Once it finishes, or fails after phone restarts, look at the notes. CDMA Workshop should list readable and unreadable areas. find the first readable area and jot down the address. Next it should list the unreadable area, jot down this address as well. if there are additional readable areas jot these down as well with the unreadable address too.

Now select the security tab and under SPC select "Universal RAM Method from the drop down box. a pop up will come up and ask you for the start and end address. Enter the first start and end address you wrote down and hit ok. It should begin searching for 6 digit numerical strings in that address field, and give you the SPC. if the SPC is not given try the next string.

If you like my tutorials, no need to donate. I do this for the community. If you asolutley feel the need to give up some cash, instead PM the moderator L0GiC4L 3ViL, And tell him want to donate. L0GiC4L moderates these forums for free and is often breaking phones due to his rowdy kids lol. If you like my work, I would love you to help buy him a new phone, he is always looking. And if your the type to PM me for help, I would be alot more inclined to help if Logi recommended you LOL.

Thanks and good luck.

KAREEM (SAC TOWN METRO MAFIA)

AKA REEMO4580
    METRO MAFIA!

Code Name: Reemo

Quote: C:/DOS - C:/DOS RUN - RUN DOS RUN

Past exploits: Alot to list...

Future Exploits: Currently working on an easier way to modify VIA Chipsets. So far have only been succesful with 2.
    -----------------------------------------

Have an STD and single? Check out www.stopswithus.com %100 Free Dating Site!

Feedback Score
    Question: How would I go about getting any sort of signal without a Micro Sim in a US Cellular or Verizon version of the SGS3? Or is the Miro Sim necessary?

Thanks for your help!

Carrier
    MetroPCS
    Feedback Score
    I know this is sort of in the gray area matter but as far as the esn goes. repairing it to somthing completely different like a (hex)A10000.... or when adding the esn does it stay in the (dec)99000 but converted to hex to be added. The reason am asking is because i read on one of the cricket forums (i think) that all is needed is to drop the last number in the decimal format then converted to hex and metro will accept that. is that correct? Sorry for pushing on the gray area matter
    ElEcTrOPyRo

CODE NAME: ElEkTrOpYrO
    QUOTES:"If electricity comes from electrons, does morality come from morons? "Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life."
    LATEST EXPLOITS:
    Tutorial for LG VERSA
    Tutorial for LG Envy Touch
    Tutorial for Iphone
    Tutorial for LG Lucid
    Tutorial for HTC Thunderbolt

Carriers
    sprint
    Feedback Score
    i know this is an old tutorial but i have a verizon galaxy s3 that i want to use with pageplus an di figured that if i can unlock the programming options this way then i can plash it but i have a newer version of cdma workshop and i cant find the option of "nv only"

Carriers
    sprint
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by vistazifta View Post
    i know this is an old tutorial but i have a verizon galaxy s3 that i want to use with pageplus an di figured that if i can unlock the programming options this way then i can plash it but i have a newer version of cdma workshop and i cant find the option of "nv only"
    nvm i found it
    but it doesnt stick for some odd reason

Carriers
    sprint
    Feedback Score
    ok so if anyone has a problem its because the diag mode from verizon isnt complete so i unlocked the bootloader and ran a root script that puts the phone into proper diag mode and then st nv only and everything worked so if anyone needs the script hit me up

Feedback Score
    Hello. I am trying to flash a Verizon galaxy s3 to boost. I have talk working and have been trying to get picture and data work but am having no luck. I followed what you said but keep getting a "no sim" error and have been unable to find a solution to this problem. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Carrier
    Revol (Flashed myself)
    Feedback Score
    Here a big start to flashing:

Allinone torrent (root and flashing software):
    https://kat.ph/galaxy-s3-full-root-a...-t7101332.html

Just download utorrent
    Click and get this torrent
    Then unzip the file.

Includes:

ROOT:
    Drivers
    Odin
    Clockwork Mod
    Root file

Flashing:
    QXDM 3.12 Build 714 (Change ESN)
    QPST 2.7 Build 366 (Mip Profile editing)
    CDMA WORKSHOP 2.7 + Demo (flashing nv idems)
    DFS 4.3.1.0 (To get SPC)
    Last edited by fifiknw; 02-16-2013 at 05:31 PM.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by fifiknw View Post
    Here a big start to flashing:

[link removed]

Just download utorrent
    Then unzip the file.

Includes:

ROOT:
    Drivers
    Odin
    Clockwork Mod
    Root file

Flashing:
    DFS 4.3.1.0 (To get SPC)
    Hello,

Thanks for the info/links. Quick question: Will that torrent work for my Samsung Fascinate as well? I am looking to root, then flash it to Metro PCS from Verizon.

Also, any tips or advice is much appreciated, guess i would be classified as a 'newbie"

Thanks

Carrier
    Revol (Flashed myself)
    Feedback Score
    Pretty much the same software used to flash most phone are in the torrent file. But Im taking it down and putting an updated one within 20 minutes

Carrier
    Revol (Flashed myself)
    Feedback Score
    ****UPDATED****

http://kat.ph/galaxy-s3-full-root-an...-t7106750.html

Just download utorrent
    Then unzip the file.

Includes:

ROOT:
    Samsung_Galaxy_S3_ToolKit_v7.0

Flashing:
    DFS 4.3.1.0 (To get SPC)

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by fifiknw View Post
    ****UPDATED****

**link removed = still a newbie

Just download utorrent
    Then unzip the file.

Includes:

ROOT:
    Samsung_Galaxy_S3_ToolKit_v7.0

Flashing:
    DFS 4.3.1.0 (To get SPC)
    Awesome, I appreciate it...i've never flashed a device, but I rooted mine a while back, with no issues. I will be attempting this in a couple hours. If there is anything you can tell me that would help me out, that would be great (like if i do anything different with the Fascinate, etc...)

Thanks again!

Carrier
    Revol (Flashed myself)
    Feedback Score
    Hey try going to my site:
    z4cellforums.webs.com
    There was a old post on how to root the fascinate if the the links dont work let me know.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by vistazifta View Post
    ok so if anyone has a problem its because the diag mode from verizon isnt complete so i unlocked the bootloader and ran a root script that puts the phone into proper diag mode and then st nv only and everything worked so if anyone needs the script hit me up

I sent you a pm but never got a response.

Otherwise I'm wondering about the meid switch does it show your esn or your meid when you press *#06# I was able to get it to show my esn and have 3g working on verizon prepaid but calls are not going through.

Feedback Score
    help, I think I bricked my Verizon Samsung galaxy s3 SCH-I535, I accidently flashed the wrong nv item file and it set my baseband, phone number, min,prl,eri verison, imei,imeisv and iccid to unknown....I didn't back up, it totally slipped my mind. is there anyway I can use a nv item file from another phone same model, or can someone help me out im so stuck im not tryin to chalk this galaxy up as a loss, can someone help me out, im at a loss, ive searched all oer the internet to look for a fix but I cant find one. plz pm me or reply back to post if possible I really would appreciate it.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast