Thread: ICS update for HTC Rezound

Feedback Score

ICS update for HTC Rezound

I read on HTC site where ICS update would come for Rezound in June/July. Just curious if anyone had received it yet. I keep checking and it says not available.

I know some have gone and gotten it, I'm really referring to the approved update.

Thanks.

Device(s)
    S8, G5, Samsung Note 4 DE, Note 3, Moto DROID Bionic, DROID RAZR, Galaxy Nexus, Rezound, V9m, VX8000
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon, AT&T PrePaid (GoPhone)
    Feedback Score
    The official ICS update is not out yet, though there have been a number of leaked builds over the past few months. Though all of them require a manual flashing of the device, which you have to reinstall your apps and settings. At this point, the best thing to do is just wait for the final official OTA version.
    =>Why did I leave Verizon Wireless after 18 years? Find out here: Leaving Verizon after 18 years!

=> Read my reviews for the Motorola DROID MAXX, DROID Ultra, and DROID Mini.

=> VX8000 at Disney World:Part 1, Part 2, Part 3, Part 4.

Feedback Score
    Read several articles Monday which speculated the update would be out this week. Here's one example:

http://global.christianpost.com/news...is-week-79111/

Feedback Score
    I received ICS update today. Only difference I've seen is in the "Settings" and shortcuts at bottom of screen. I'm sure there are others, but haven't had chance to look it over. I haven't noticed any improvements in speed or performance.

FoxFi Hotspot does now connect, but is limited connection without internet. In other words, FoxFi Hotspot still doesn't work.

Device(s)
    S8, G5, Samsung Note 4 DE, Note 3, Moto DROID Bionic, DROID RAZR, Galaxy Nexus, Rezound, V9m, VX8000
    Carrier(s)
    Feedback Score
    Here's the PDF that lists the most noticeable changes.

http://support.verizonwireless.com/p...te/rezound.pdf

Device(s)
    LG G4
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score

Rezound ics ota is available

Checked today during break and noticed there was an update available. Consist of a small download first, reboot to install that update then the ics update follows that. The ics update is over 200mb, so I would suggest doing over wifi or 4g. I couldn't wait and had to repeat a few times over 3g due to connection issues

Sent from my ADR6425LVW using Tapatalk 2

Device(s)
    Samsung Galaxy Note 4
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    I actually got prompted for the upgrade yesterday. The first download is 7 MB to "prepare" your phone for the ICS upgrade and the second, which is the ICS upgrade is 299 MB.

Feedback Score
    I did it yesterday also. FoxFi Hotspot will now connect but still couldn't get it to deliver internet.

Device(s)
    LG G4
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Yeah tried foxfi too after posting and same result. Looks like screen blanking out during and call and won't turn back on w/o fidgeting is addressed

Sent from my ADR6425LVW using Tapatalk 2

Device(s)
    iPhone 4S, Moto Atrix, Galaxy Nexus LTE
    Carrier(s)
    ATT (Jan 2004-Current), Tmobile Oct 2007-Current, Sprint 1997-2004, Aerial Communications 1996
    Feedback Score
    Nice to see rezound finally get ics. Now when is jelly bean coming? ha
    Sent from my Lumia 900 via the HowardForums WP7 App

Carrier(s)
    verizon
    Feedback Score
    Anyone else having issues with ice. I downloaded ice yesterday on my rezound. The problem I am having now is when I turn on my phone it says sim card required to make calls and then says emergency calls only, if I push the power button In once the phone will get rid of the message and then my 4g signal comes on at that point. This has never down this until.I updated to ics.

Sent from my ADR6425LVW using HowardForums

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by tim33 View Post
    Anyone else having issues with ice. I downloaded ice yesterday on my rezound. The problem I am having now is when I turn on my phone it says sim card required to make calls and then says emergency calls only, if I push the power button In once the phone will get rid of the message and then my 4g signal comes on at that point. This has never down this until.I updated to ics.

Sent from my ADR6425LVW using HowardForums
    I would first suggest doing a Factory Reset if anyone has bugs after a software upgrade. Most of the time, a reset will solve the problem.
    But if you are still getting that SIM error after a factory reset, I'd suggest taking it to a store and have them do a SIM swap.

Carrier(s)
    verizon
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by FAUguy View Post
    I would first suggest doing a Factory Reset if anyone has bugs after a software upgrade. Most of the time, a reset will solve the problem.
    But if you are still getting that SIM error after a factory reset, I'd suggest taking it to a store and have them do a SIM swap.
    I am going to go to the Verizon store because I called Verizon tech support and they had me do a hard reset which I did, and I still have the same problem.

Device(s)
    Blackberry Curve
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Since my wife updated hers, the phone screen no longer comes in when she moves the phone away from her head during a call.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using HowardForums
    What Is A Veteran?
    A 'Veteran' -- whether active duty, discharged, retired, or reserve -- is someone who, at one point in his life, wrote a blank check made payable to 'The United States of America,' for an amount of 'up to, and including his life.'

Feedback Thread
    http://howardforums.com/showthread.p...7#post11490557