Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Rogers retention made change on my account without my agreement!!!!!!!!! RAGE!

Feedback Score

Rogers retention made change on my account without my agreement!!!!!!!!! RAGE!

I am so mad right now. This is gonna be a long post!! Damn, I am so mad!!

Okay, last night, I got locked out of my friend's apartment becuz I forgot to bring the key with me. I tried to call my friend to buzz me up. Then I got this "not allowed by sim" message from my SGS3. I tried to reboot my phone. But since the battery was only 2% left, it rebooted, then didn't get me enough time to dial a number before it turned off since the phone has to load up all these bloatwares that you Rogers installed. So I stood in front of my friend's apartment for freaking one hour in the cold night until my friend started to looking for me. (They were drinking and partying, rite...)

Today, I called Rogers about why I got this message, and apparently it didn't just happen once on me. It happened 6 times last week!!!!!! Was told it's a well known issue, they are working on it. Sure, I can bear with you - Canada's most reliable network - Rogers /S. You have so much time to install the bloatwares, but don't even have a little time to test the phone on your crappy network. Right, who am i kidding, you are Rogers.

Ok, anyways, later I asked to transfer me to the customer service since I would like to switch to the "SUPER 6gb plan". Then, got cut off. Right, reliable.....Try again, cut off. Alright, Canada's most reliable network! Then try over again. Finally, I got a hold of a CSP, who was apparently not the helpful but full of b**S***T type. She even lied to me that I had to pay up to $520 ECF to get out of my contract, which I got confirmed later from the customer retention the amount should be just $300. I was tired of this dishonest and disqualified service and asked to be transferred to Customer Retention.

This time, that was a very straight lady. Without me saying anything, she offered me a better deal. I was a bit hesitating, so I didn't take the plunge and wanted a bit time to think of it.

Then, about one and half hour ago, I was like "Sure, I will take it." since I didn't want to spend any more time with Rogers. I called Rogers again, and goshhhhhhhhhhhh, cut off during the waiting AGAIN. After 10 tries (yes, f**king 10 times, I was super frustrated), I called tech support to transfer me to CR since I would never be able to talk to anyone if I go through the normal routine. Later, I was talking to this CR lady named S***h. I thought she was nice since she apologized about their system glitch on drop calls. I told her what I wanted. Found out she didn't even know such super 6gb plan exists until I told her to look at their website, but after a good min, she was cool as throwing me this "Sure, I can do it" quote. I was surprised as this was too good to be true. So, I tried to confirm with her what my plan was gonna be before any changes. She told me the change has been made. I was like ^*&$&, that quick?? I smelled something wrong already, then I further asked "So, am I gonna keep all my credits with my new plan like I asked for?" She was like "You will be losing your the $8 credit". DOOM. What was I doing?? I spent almost 6 hours on going through this hassle with you, Rogers and got the exact same plan but having to pay more than before???? Right, so asked her to reverse anything back to original, I rather keep my old plan with all the credits. She became a robot keeping repeating "Sorry, it's now gone, I am not able to add it back. It was an error to offer you that credit. that's why i removed it." RRRRRRRRRRRRRRRight! That was an error!!!

Here's my bill below, the Call Manager credit, which is used to offset the charge of call display, got removed without my agreement!!!! I cannot believe this is happening!!! Name:  20120722_214434.jpg
Views: 1525
Size:  323.1 KB

I am so mad and disappointed with Rogers. Literally, during the time of 2 days, Rogers f**ked me up on both network and customer support.

You, Rogers, Not only cannot provide a reliable network and a competitive pricing structure, but also cannot even have a qualified, honest, and customer-orientated Customer Service team. I keep asking myself why I should use my hard earned money to support such a terrible company. You know what, if you don't treat me as a customer after many year of supporting you, Rogers, I am out of here.

I will be searching for a port-out option and fill a complaint to CCTS. I finally know why you are the 2nd worst telecom in North America. Possibly the 2nd worst among the world.
    Last edited by noahattic; 07-23-2012 at 01:37 AM.

Feedback Score
    Later, I was talking to this CR lady named S***h. I thought she was nice since she apologized about their system glitch on drop calls. I told her what I wanted. Found out she didn't even know such super 6gb plan exists until I told her to look at their website, but after a good min, she was cool as throwing me this "Sure, I can do it" quote. I was surprised as this was too good to be true.
    when you told her what you wanted you implied consent to it but when you found out the terms of your plan will change, you renege on your consent.

Yes, they were wrong not to reset your account back to before the changes but are you surprised.
    Most old plans are grandfathered and any change to any portion of your plan allows then to cancell or delete credits as they credits have been removed from their website.

Next time before making any changes find out what it is going to cost you.

Carrier(s)
    Bell
    Feedback Score
    21 (100%)
    Hopefully someone from Rogers Social Media will be here shortly to address this with you and resolve your situation.

Feedback Score
    Is call manager on your account? if not thats why the credit was removed.

Carrier(s)
    Rogers
    Feedback Score
    it's become common practice for some Carriers to have a complex credit/discount structure that handcuffs both the client, and the non-retention staff at maknig account changes.

This is something that needs to be looked at by the regulators. Essentially, it's become common practice among at least Bell and Rogers to make it difficult for people to change their plan without losing credits or having to change their whole plan. There needs to be more transparency in this regard as to what you're agreeing to when you accept a discount.

these mysteries of back-end billing/crediting systems don't help anyone. I'm getting pretty tired of calling companies , making a 30-second request, which is followed by a 15-minute hold while the representative struggles with their system.

Carrier(s)
    Rogers
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by ircu View Post
    My assumption would be that he was offered an 8$ credit at some point, but whoever added it , added the wrong type of credit. That doesn't mean he's not entitled to it.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Cosmic Blue View Post
    when you told her what you wanted you implied consent to it but when you found out the terms of your plan will change, you renege on your consent.

Yes, they were wrong not to reset your account back to before the changes but are you surprised.
    Most old plans are grandfathered and any change to any portion of your plan allows then to cancell or delete credits as they credits have been removed from their website.

Next time before making any changes find out what it is going to cost you.
    I didn't even have chance to imply my consent since she was too quick. I told her to keep all my credit after the plan changes. Otherwise, do NOT do it. She gave me a green light, then after she was done, she told I had lost my $8 credit already. It's almost like fraud!

Feedback Score
    I've never had call manager on my account. I don't need it. That credit was for offsetting my call display cost.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by cloneman View Post
    My assumption would be that he was offered an 8$ credit at some point, but whoever added it , added the wrong type of credit. That doesn't mean he's not entitled to it.
    Exactly like you said.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by cloneman View Post
    it's become common practice for some Carriers to have a complex credit/discount structure that handcuffs both the client, and the non-retention staff at maknig account changes.

This is something that needs to be looked at by the regulators. Essentially, it's become common practice among at least Bell and Rogers to make it difficult for people to change their plan without losing credits or having to change their whole plan. There needs to be more transparency in this regard as to what you're agreeing to when you accept a discount.

these mysteries of back-end billing/crediting systems don't help anyone. I'm getting pretty tired of calling companies , making a 30-second request, which is followed by a 15-minute hold while the representative struggles with their system.
    I cannot speak of other telecoms. From my experience of dealing with customer service on the phone, Roger's is no doubt the worst one. I have to go through their unhelpful and rather than useless call menu to find out exact option I want and their CSPs are often lacking of proper training/dishonest/inexperienced.

Last night, when I was so frustrated to call them, I asked one CSP about the shortcut to get a hold of them without going through the complex menu since I forgot it and their system cut off me so many times (it was like dial four 0s), she lied to me there is no such thing. I was so pissed. It's been there for at least 10 years. I used to do it before. And 20 days ago, when I got my SGSIII from their dealer store, the sales guy did the same thing in front of me. And now the CSP was b***s**t to me like I am a idiot.... unbelievable.

Back to the topic, we all know the credit cannot be added to my account by error since I've never had call manager. It's very obvious to offset the call display cost. I've never thought it would be a problem when it's under a different type of credit just because it's too obvious. I have no problem if it's indeed an error. But com'on, really think Rogers lets me trick their system for a year and half till I called them to find out???? Who are we kidding?? This CRP fraud/tricked/mislead me to remove it without letting me before anything happen.

This is just ridiculous!!!! This type of business practice is unacceptable anywhere. I can bear not-so-reliable service/high pricing, but I cannot stand such a bad way of treating customers. I am ready to move on. You Rogers will certainly not get a penny from me and my family any more!!

Feedback Score
    So first, she didn't LIE to you, IVR shortcuts for the most part have been removed. Any in place are for dealers and not for normal customers to use and the ones which are in place are not communicated to CSR's but if they care to find them they could but what would be the point since they cannot give them out. They don't want you bypassing the IVR. Just because you used to use it doesn't mean you can still use it. If you are getting cut off that often maybe it is human error as you mash 0 trying to bypass the IVR.

And as for the credit being removed, I would bet the CSR had nothing to do with removing it but when the price plan was changed it seen this credit that was not linked to anything and was not a valid credit and it was removed.

Have you even called back and asked for the credit back because posting on hofo isn't going to do much unless SMT come on and want to talk to you but the way you are ranting I am not sure who will want to talk to you.

Carrier(s)
    Rogers
    Feedback Score
    I can see why the call manager credit was removed.

To have a allowable credit/feature discount you must have the service/feature in question. The Feature credit of call manager is on account while the basic service charge is not on account. Rogers had a stupid system, where cleints could get credits extended by bypassing system limitations, these limitations have been fixed and thus why cannot be added back on. In reality the bill shoudl read Call Manager $8 then Savings: Call Manager -$8.00. In this case, a loophole was used to get call display creditted. When you made changes it pulls up your account and can be audtiited at this time or RANDONLY. Once new system sees account and changes can flag account. Honestly you used a loophole to get the call display creditted.....alot easier ways to get creditted and legit.

As well if you read some TOS, credits and feature discounts are not guareented nor implied for length of term, and can be removed at anytime.

Its just like filling taxes ( Rogers AUDIT ), but not as bad as Government taxes as they can go back 7 years and audit you and demand $. With Rogers they fix issue and bill you proper from that point on no back charges. They simply state you received a credit you should not had received and will be fixed on future billings. Yes you are not getting auditted, but system automatically sees and imporper entry and is removing it, just like a audit.

As for S3 issues, its not you and its device and firmware...same reports on bell/etc bloatware.... data works but voice dies..reboot to fix and repeat, just liek old BB battery pull trick for lockups.

P.S. As for bypassing call systems, bashing's 0's always bypasses menus but gets you to a general CSR. And still wait/hold times as transfered

Carrier(s)
    Bell
    Feedback Score
    21 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by TheGuyz View Post
    As well if you read some TOS, credits and feature discounts are not guareented nor implied for length of term, and can be removed at anytime.
    TOS aside; if a deal is made with the client and in exchange for this term committment, credits are offered, Rogers would have a very hard time enforcing their removal (unless complete restoration of terms before the changes were made...and even then)

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by TheGuyz View Post
    I can see why the call manager credit was removed.

To have a allowable credit/feature discount you must have the service/feature in question. The Feature credit of call manager is on account while the basic service charge is not on account. Rogers had a stupid system, where cleints could get credits extended by bypassing system limitations, these limitations have been fixed and thus why cannot be added back on. In reality the bill shoudl read Call Manager $8 then Savings: Call Manager -$8.00. In this case, a loophole was used to get call display creditted. When you made changes it pulls up your account and can be audtiited at this time or RANDONLY. Once new system sees account and changes can flag account. Honestly you used a loophole to get the call display creditted.....alot easier ways to get creditted and legit.

Its just like filling taxes ( Rogers AUDIT ), but not as bad as Government taxes as they can go back 7 years and audit you and demand $. With Rogers they fix issue and bill you proper from that point on no back charges. They simply state you received a credit you should not had received and will be fixed on future billings. Yes you are not getting auditted, but system automatically sees and imporper entry and is removing it, just like a audit.

As for S3 issues, its not you and its device and firmware...same reports on bell/etc bloatware.... data works but voice dies..reboot to fix and repeat, just liek old BB battery pull trick for lockups.

P.S. As for bypassing call systems, bashing's 0's always bypasses menus but gets you to a general CSR. And still wait/hold times as transfered
    My call manager credit wasn't extended bypassing system limitations. I've never had a call manager. It's for offsetting the call display. It was added because the dealer promised me to make me sign up the contract. It's been there since day 1. Two months later, this credit was removed for no reason. Then I called Rogers to add it back. The CSP had no clue why it was removed and he added it back under this call manager credit. I didn't bother to call back again just to fix the name of credit. And throughout my contract of modifying my plan, no one had a problem with it. Everything was done over the phone, Roger should have it recorded.

This time, it wasn't removed by the system automatically. It was by this CSP before I confirmed to make any change on my plan. Trust me, if I'm not entitled to get this credit, I would have no problem with it being removed.

Buttom line is I do not want to lose anything just because your inexperienced CSP messing up my account. And you cannot touch my account without my authorization. One thing was unacceptable she made the change before I confirm with her.

As for S3, I did the research later, well, I understand it's the firmware problem. I wasn't really rage on that part, even though I waited in the cold night for about one hour.

Thx for the tip of bashing the call system, the reason I need it, I got cut off so many time during the waiting.

Feedback Score
    So first, she didn't LIE to you, IVR shortcuts for the most part have been removed. Any in place are for dealers and not for normal customers to use and the ones which are in place are not communicated to CSR's but if they care to find them they could but what would be the point since they cannot give them out. They don't want you bypassing the IVR. Just because you used to use it doesn't mean you can still use it. If you are getting cut off that often maybe it is human error as you mash 0 trying to bypass the IVR.

And as for the credit being removed, I would bet the CSR had nothing to do with removing it but when the price plan was changed it seen this credit that was not linked to anything and was not a valid credit and it was removed.

Have you even called back and asked for the credit back because posting on hofo isn't going to do much unless SMT come on and want to talk to you but the way you are ranting I am not sure who will want to talk to you.
    Firstly, I don't know your definition of lie. If such a thing does exist, you should let me know you indeed have this method, but it's not for normal customers any more. I would be fine. you CANNOT say it doesn't exist just because I cannot use it. And I just tried it since TheGuyz just mentioned. It's totally fine. I don't see a point why it doesn't work for normal customers as it leads to the same CSR anyways.

Getting cut off so many times is indeed because of human error, but not by me. I was going through the normal routine of the call system, it got cut off during the waiting. I asked one rep why it happens so many times. She told me they were using a new system or so, some of the reps are not familiar with it , so they might just make mistakes to cut me off.

As per the credit, I explained in above post. The plan was changed before my authorization, that's the reason I was so mad. Not just because it was removed.

I haven't really talked to them yet after I just tried the shortcut of bypassing their call system 10 mins ago. I've been too tired these couple days and simply don't have the energy of dealing with them on the phone. I will research my option to port out before I talk to them.

Trust me, I am a rational and positive person. And I don't get pissed because of something I am not entitled to have got removed. I talked nice even I know they are lying to me. But I am tired of being a nice guy to such a terrible company that wants nothing but keeps ripping its customers off and has dishonest customer services. I don't care any more if they want to talk to me as they will not receive any penny of mine anyway.

Bottom line is I was ranting because of Rogers.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast