Thread: No Voicemail icon present

Feedback Score

No Voicemail icon present

Howdy.

Long time lurker of this forum.

Over this weekend, I ported an AT&T number over to Straight Talk on a T-Mobile Samsung Galaxy Vibrant phone. Of course, the phone is using a Straight Talk T-Mobile SIM.

Everything is working fine except for one issue. When I leave a voice mail message, I get NO voice mail icon at all in the status bar on the phone.

The phone does indeed show a missed call icon but NO voice mail icon.

I called Straight Talk to see if there was anything missing on the phone number profile. They said everything looked fine on on their end.

If it matters, the Vibrant phone is running a custom ROM from xda-developers.

Thanks for any replies on this matter.

Phone
    Atrix/Skyrocket/R455C/Samsung Jack
    Carrier
    GoPhone LTE
    Feedback Score
    for what it is worth i see things that are unexplained or undesirable with custom roms. sounds great. if you like to fiddle. wonderful. if you just want it to work go stock. best chance.

unless someone here is running that same rom we gonna be guessing at your question. in this case you may then turn to xda forum and ask others using your rom.

it really does matter thanks for mentioning that. i have read a pretty good number of posts with folks having issues that in the end they found it was the special rom that was the problem.

that would be a small quirky thing that would happen with a special rom....driving you crazy.

Carrier
    Cricket, GoPhone
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by jdancer View Post
    Everything is working fine except for one issue. When I leave a voice mail message, I get NO voice mail icon at all in the status bar on the phone.
    I doubt you would get a voice mail icon when you leave a voice mail message, only when you receive one.
    -- Samsung Galaxy Express 4G LTE on Cricket
    -- Samsung Galaxy Express 4G LTE on GoPhone

Phones
    AT&T Apple iPhone 5S
    AT&T Apple iPhone 5S
    Carrier
    AT&T Mobility
    Feedback Score
    Do you mean "When you receive a voicemail?" Voicemail notifications use a specially formatted text message to turn the alert on and off. If the phone does not know how to interpret this message, it will not take the correct action.
    Earl F. Parrish

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by dougeeebear View Post
    I doubt you would get a voice mail icon when you leave a voice mail message, only when you receive one.
    Sorry, I meant to say when I RECEIVE a voice mail, there is no voice mail icon. Just a missed call icon.

I am going to check with the xda-developers custom ROM author and find out if there is indeed an issue with voice mail icon.

Thanks for the replies.

Phones
    AT&T Apple iPhone 5S
    AT&T Apple iPhone 5S
    Carrier
    AT&T Mobility
    Feedback Score
    Does the missed call indicator appear if no voicemail is left? You will receive the missed call indication only if the phone rang or detected an incoming call. If the phone is off, out of range or actively transferring data in 2G mode, there will be no missed call indicator.