Thread: Sprint LG Optimus - Will it work on PagePlus?

Phones
    LG Env Touch
    Treo 700 wx
    Samsung MyShot
    Carriers
    PagePlus
    Feedback Score

Sprint LG Optimus - Will it work on PagePlus?

I have someone who's about to give me a Sprint LG Optimus. I am not a dealer and I have no experience or access to flashing phones. Would I be able to get it to work on PagePlus? Or will it have to be flashed or something? If it has to be flashed, is that something I could do myself? I did see an earlier thread where someone was going to post a guide to make this phone work on PagePlus, but it apparently never was.

Thanks.

Mary

Phone
    Nokia 2720
    Carriers
    T-Mobile
    Virgin
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by MaggiMagoo View Post
    I have someone who's about to give me a Sprint LG Optimus. Would I be able to get it to work on PagePlus?
    I don't have one and can't give a definetive answer. If this is a Sprint phone (and not something like Net10 or Virgin Mobile), the over-the-air programing doesn't work and you would have to set it up manually. (I've been offered Sprint phones set up on Page Plus.)
    Regards, FJ

Carriers
    Verizon Wireless
    Feedback Score
    If you are speaking of the LG Optimus S - try following some of these links:

This might help you somewhat understand what you need to do to get it going. You apparently need to use CDMA workshop to properly flash the device.

This should help you if you run into a problem similar to this person's post:
    http://www.howardforums.com/showthre...s-show-Roaming

Here is the site for CDMA workshop:
    http://www.cdma-ware.com/workshop.html
    Last edited by icebook; 07-26-2012 at 01:36 PM. Reason: advertising infraction removed

Feedback Score
    Yes, it will work. I flashed my Sprint LG Optimus S to pageplus. That was my first DIY on phones. You need to download the CDMA workshop. Then read the MSL number. Call and activate your phone by providing your MEID. At the end, manually program your phone to phone number papgeplus give you. It really that easy.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by richard630 View Post
    Yes, it will work. I flashed my Sprint LG Optimus S to pageplus. That was my first DIY on phones. You need to download the CDMA workshop. Then read the MSL number. Call and activate your phone by providing your MEID. At the end, manually program your phone to phone number papgeplus give you. It really that easy.
    Don't you need to root for this?

Carrier
    Page Plus
    Feedback Score
    No, You dont,

It does work fully on Page Plus. The OTA programming does work. Just load a PRL do a *228 and wait for a few minutes. Than reload my custom PRL if you wish to get rid of the roaming indicator.

Feedback Score
    I have a lg optimus s laying around that i wouldn't mind putting on pageplus. Ive been looking for a step by step instruction on how to do this and haven't found one yet. Can i get some help with this thank you all for any help i can get.