Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: I feel Rogers essentially did a bait and switch

Device(s)
    HTC Desire
    Carrier(s)
    Rogers
    Feedback Score

I feel Rogers essentially did a bait and switch

I've been with Rogers for 6+ years, and my contract was coming to an end and they kept calling me to renew.

When the S3 was finally announced I called them and said I'd like to upgrade and what can they offer?

They offered me this:

1gb Super plan (same as the current super plan but less data) with a $15 credit and $5 data credit

Unlimited incoming

1000 ld minutes

$12.79 value pack

Additional 200 minutes

For a total of 57.79

And they offered to waive my $60 early upgrade fee. I have reference numbers and everything.

Problems started when I went to actually pick up the phone on launch day, my early upgrade fee was now somehow now 104.00. I called in from the store and they said it was a glitch and they'd give me a $60 credit towards that. Not happy,but I wanted the phone.

The 6gb super plan comes out, and I call in and ask if I switch to that, since its exactly like my plan with more data, can I keep my credits? I'm told everything stays the same, and the credits will remain. Ok great.

So today someone calls me from rogers, I guess to see how I'm liking the phone, and they start going over plan, and I start hearing about credits expiring, unlimited incoming comes off in October, $5 data credit comes if 2013.

When I arranged this plan, I asked if the credits would last the entire 3 years, because I've been burned by expiring credits before. I was explicitly told that they would remain for the entire length of the contract. I never would have renewed for 3 years without that as Fido was offering me a great plan and I could have bought the S3 outright.

I figured I could secure myself a good plan and get a discount on a phone this way. Now I really regret this upgrade.

I spent an hour on the phone with a rep who would not budge. She took off my unlimited incoming and bonus minutes, and changed my 1000 ld to 100 ld for $5. Put me on the 6gb super plan with a 15 discount and $5 discount which will expire in a year. So im now paying more, getting less.

I'm pretty pissed and I really wish I never renewed my contract. I'm moving next month and was actually going to sign up for cable and internet with rogers too. Forget that now.

Am I being u reasonable here? They knew fido was offering me something much better, thats why they offered me that stuff. Should I bother calling back an trying again? It really seems unfair.

Sorry for the long post guys, I hope you made it thru all that. Any advice is much appreciated

Device(s)
    HTC Desire
    Carrier(s)
    Rogers
    Feedback Score
    Don't mind all the bad spelling/grammar... that was a lot to type on the phone lol

Carrier(s)
    Telus
    Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    OP, this belongs in the "I am not getting what I agreed to!" section and will probably be moved there by a moderator presently.

But UGH, yes, you are being completely reasonable. This is one of the more outrageous stories I've heard in a while. You are entitled to have your plan given to you as promised, or at the very least to have your contract backdated and have some compensation for your trouble.

I would hope that someone from the social media team will step in presently and help you out. Yuck yuck yuck!

Incidentally, I'd advise against ever talking to those people who call you following a hardware upgrade. They're telemarketers hoping to sell you more expensive, or additional, services. Rogers would never have anybody call you just to check how things are going.

Device(s)
    HTC Desire
    Carrier(s)
    Rogers
    Feedback Score
    Ooops, sorry, mods please move the thread to the proper section, thank you.

Yeah those telemarketers are brutal. One tried to trick me into renewing for 100 additional minutes lol

The plan I agreed to was actually given to me by rogers retentions after I told them I was going to cancel early and go with fido.

Not only that, but before I actually got thru to the rep who I dealt with today, I had one hang up on me, and another put me on hold for 20 minutes, then I gave up and hung up and called back.

I never should have resigned, I regret it so much.

I feel ripped off and stuck. It'll cost me like $800 to get out this contract. (The cost of the phone, early upgrade fee, admin fee, and economic endusement or whatever).

Thanks a lot Rogers. I'm truly disgusted.

Device(s)
    HTC Desire
    Carrier(s)
    Rogers
    Feedback Score
    Ok I read thru the I didnt get what I agreed to section quickly. Going to call tomorrow and request a manager, failing that ill make a formal complaint to the OOP. Where do I get in touch with social media? Anywhere else I should post this?

Carrier(s)
    Bell
    Feedback Score
    CCTS is your friend too. When did this all happen?
    WolfpacAl

Device(s)
    HTC Desire
    Carrier(s)
    Rogers
    Feedback Score
    It happened today. I'm going to take this all the way if I have to.

Carrier(s)
    Bell
    Feedback Score
    21 (100%)
    I've alerted Social Media for you; hopefully they chime in soon!

Device(s)
    HTC Desire
    Carrier(s)
    Rogers
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by WorldIRC View Post
    I've alerted Social Media for you; hopefully they chime in soon!
    Thank you! Much appreciated! Any idea how often the calls are recorded? I'm hoping mine were and are easily accessible, the rep I talked to today said it wasnt noted that I asked the credits to last the whole 3 years. I know I asked for that, it was a huge part of me deciding to renew and stay with Rogers, I wouldn't have done it without that.

Carrier(s)
    Bell
    Feedback Score
    21 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Anna_p View Post
    Thank you! Much appreciated! Any idea how often the calls are recorded? I'm hoping mine were and are easily accessible, the rep I talked to today said it wasnt noted that I asked the credits to last the whole 3 years. I know I asked for that, it was a huge part of me deciding to renew and stay with Rogers, I wouldn't have done it without that.
    I'm not sure; I don't work for Rogers

Device(s)
    HTC Desire
    Carrier(s)
    Rogers
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by WorldIRC View Post
    I'm not sure; I don't work for Rogers
    Oh really? I always thought you did for some reason lol

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Oh really? I always thought you did for some reason lol
    He "did"

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using HowardForums

Feedback Score
    Wow..I am having the exact same problem with rogers. Been with rogers since Iphone 3g, 3 year contract expired and they practically called me every week to renew, so I did with the iphone 4s last year.

Now they are saying that access credit fee expires, my unlimited incoming calls expire and they switched my 1000 long distance minutes to 100 without even telling me.

I am so pissed, so i started searching and found this thread. I never signed anything and told them to check the recorded call i agreed to, they say they did, but I am not aloud to hear it. So pissed about this, as rogers did this to me before with a credit and i let it slide. Now this seems like a total bait and switch.

Is there a standard way of fighting this? Seems to be a common problem with rogers.

Feedback Score
    Every call is recorded. But easily accessible not so much because they are kept in each centre.

Device(s)
    iPhone 7 Plus 128GB
    Carrier(s)
    Fido
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by BrokenAnimator View Post
    Wow..I am having the exact same problem with rogers. Been with rogers since Iphone 3g, 3 year contract expired and they practically called me every week to renew, so I did with the iphone 4s last year.

Now they are saying that access credit fee expires, my unlimited incoming calls expire and they switched my 1000 long distance minutes to 100 without even telling me.

I am so pissed, so i started searching and found this thread. I never signed anything and told them to check the recorded call i agreed to, they say they did, but I am not aloud to hear it. So pissed about this, as rogers did this to me before with a credit and i let it slide. Now this seems like a total bait and switch.

Is there a standard way of fighting this? Seems to be a common problem with rogers.
    They are legally obligated to provide that information to you as part of the privacy acts. Remind them of that.

Just file a complaint with CCTS. They will get the recordings and if you are correct then they will force Rogers to honour their agreement or let you out of the contract.
    Unlocked JetBlack 128GB iPhone 7Plus, Unlocked 64GB iPhone 6, unlocked 32GB iPhone 5 (AWS), unlocked 16GB iPhone 4
    Unlimited Provincial Calling, Unlimited Global SMS/MMS, Conditional Call Forwarding, 10 message VM
    12GB/90 days
    $36/Month Public Mobile, $15 400 international LD that don't expire
    $49/8GB, Unlimited Canada-wide anytime minutes, Unlimited messaging (SMS/MMS) CD, VM

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast