Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: I feel Rogers essentially did a bait and switch

Device(s)
    HTC Desire
    Carrier(s)
    Rogers
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by BrokenAnimator View Post
    Wow..I am having the exact same problem with rogers. Been with rogers since Iphone 3g, 3 year contract expired and they practically called me every week to renew, so I did with the iphone 4s last year.

Now they are saying that access credit fee expires, my unlimited incoming calls expire and they switched my 1000 long distance minutes to 100 without even telling me.

I am so pissed, so i started searching and found this thread. I never signed anything and told them to check the recorded call i agreed to, they say they did, but I am not aloud to hear it. So pissed about this, as rogers did this to me before with a credit and i let it slide. Now this seems like a total bait and switch.

Is there a standard way of fighting this? Seems to be a common problem with rogers.
    Did we have the same rep?! I'm calling shortly to speak to a manager... maybe you should do the same. I'll post what happens after

Device(s)
    HTC Desire
    Carrier(s)
    Rogers
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr Mystery View Post
    He "did"

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using HowardForums
    Oh I see hehe

Device(s)
    HTC Desire
    Carrier(s)
    Rogers
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by ircu View Post
    Every call is recorded. But easily accessible not so much because they are kept in each centre.
    Hmmm thanks. That sucks but I'm gonna fight it anyways

Device(s)
    HTC Desire
    Carrier(s)
    Rogers
    Feedback Score
    Ok, I just called and I'm confused as the rep wasnt clear. He was able to extend the data credit for 3 years, and he said he gave me unlimited incoming and 50% of the value pack (which I didnt have before, so yay? Lol). He also said the ld would be on there but went in circles when I asked if it was 100 or 1000 minutes. I gave up because I couldn't get a straight answer so I don't know exactly what I have right now. Should I call back or wait till I see a bill?

Carrier(s)
    Rogers Communications Inc.
    Feedback Score
    Hi Anna_p, my name is RogersDarrell and I'm from the Rogers Social Media Team.

I've sent you a PM.

[email protected]

Carrier(s)
    Bell
    Feedback Score
    21 (100%)
    Anna, let us know when this has been resolved; thanks!

Device(s)
    Motorola Razr HD (XT925)
    Carrier(s)
    Rogers
    Feedback Score
    Anna you should check online at MyRogers and see what it says.

Device(s)
    HTC Desire
    Carrier(s)
    Rogers
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by WorldIRC View Post
    Anna, let us know when this has been resolved; thanks!
    Social media checked into the changes by the last rep, my $5 data credit still was not applied, nor did they give me 50% off the value pack.

Im still being given the run around. I'll be calling shortly to speak to a manager and further escalate this as needed.

I just want what was promised to me, Rogers, this is ridiculous.

Device(s)
    HTC Desire
    Carrier(s)
    Rogers
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by AllanVS View Post
    Anna you should check online at MyRogers and see what it says.
    I tried that and all it said was "pending plan change". So thats why I was unsure

Carrier(s)
    Bell
    Feedback Score
    21 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Anna_p View Post
    Social media checked into the changes by the last rep, my $5 data credit still was not applied, nor did they give me 50% off the value pack.

Im still being given the run around. I'll be calling shortly to speak to a manager and further escalate this as needed.

I just want what was promised to me, Rogers, this is ridiculous.
    What did the notes say? Did you email [email protected] (Wireless President)?

Device(s)
    HTC Desire
    Carrier(s)
    Rogers
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by WorldIRC View Post
    What did the notes say? Did you email [email protected] (Wireless President)?
    Ive been messaging social media thru twitter, they didnt tell me what the notes say. The last rep I spoke to said there was no mention in the notes that I asked for the credits to last the entire 3 years. They're also saying that because I switched to the 6gb plan the credits are being removed anyways.

I 100% asked for the credits to last the whole contract, otherwise Fido gave me a better deal. I repeated this a million times while negotiating before I renewed.

I was about to call and ask for a manager, should I send an email instead, or do both? Just seems like no matter who I talk to Rogers doesnt care.

Carrier(s)
    Bell
    Feedback Score
    21 (100%)
    ^Rogers doesn't care; remember that when you set your expectations.

Device(s)
    HTC Desire
    Carrier(s)
    Rogers
    Feedback Score
    Lol they really don't care at all.

Just got off the phone again, and I think I'm going to leave it alone from this point on. They said what the first rep offered was against Rogers rules and they wont budge. So this is my current plan now:

6gb Super Plan with $15 discount
    100 bonus minutes
    1000 Canadian ld minutes for $5
    Value pack at 50% off

For a total of 51.40 per month plus tax.

The $5 data credit is pending approval from another department, I may get it, and I may not. Who knows

Its not exactly what I was told I would get, but its still an ok plan, and fine for my usage. I'm not going to waste anymore aggravation on it. This will likely be my last contract tho lol

Thanks to everyone who replied, I appreciate all your comments and advice

Carrier(s)
    Telus
    Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Anna_p View Post
    Lol they really don't care at all.

Just got off the phone again, and I think I'm going to leave it alone from this point on. They said what the first rep offered was against Rogers rules and they wont budge.
    So first it wasn't noted, and now it was "against the rules"...sounds like they're having a hard time keeping their story straight.

Sounds like you at least have a decent deal compared with the [insert your favourite unkind word here] new customer plans from Rogers, so I'm glad it worked out, at least to some extent.

Device(s)
    HTC Desire
    Carrier(s)
    Rogers
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by DataDude View Post
    So first it wasn't noted, and now it was "against the rules"...sounds like they're having a hard time keeping their story straight.

Sounds like you at least have a decent deal compared with the [insert your favourite unkind word here] new customer plans from Rogers, so I'm glad it worked out, at least to some extent.
    I spoke with 4 different reps not including social media, each one had a different reason/excuse as to why they wont give me what was promised. It was seriously like talking to a brick wall.

I still need cable and internet in a week when I move. Based on how rogers handled this, I don't see them getting my business for that since I cant trust that they'll stick to their end of the deal.

But yeah, its better than their market plans, so I guess its better than nothing.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast