how do I transfer upgrade to different line if I want to buy from third-party sellers
(1) AmazonWireless is selling the Galaxy S3 16GB for $99.
(2) my current plan is a family plan with 3+ phones
(3) line #1 is not eligible for upgrade until next year
(4) line #3 is eligible for upgrade pricing right now
(5) I want to order the S3 from Amazon and put it on line #1
VZW's own website allows you to transfer the upgrade from #3 to #1.
However, once I log off, the upgrade status goes back to the original status.
I assume this is because the upgrade transfer only work on VZW's own site?
Not possible. I was in a similar situation. Does your line 3 have a data plan?
1. If line 3 has data plan, then no need to transfer, just buy Galaxy S3 and move the phone to line 1 after activation on line 3.
2. If line 3 does not have a data plan. Then you are stuck upgrading at the verizon website.
The only reason I want the new S3 to be on line #1 is because #1 still has unlimited data. Line #3 just has the 2GB.
What will happen if I go ahead and order the S3 from AmazonWireless and use it for a while... then swap the LTE
sim cards in Line 1 and Line 2? (oh wait.... does the S3 use the same size LTE SIM card as my current Galaxy Nexus?)