Thread: GS3 Signal Issues

Phones
    Samsung galaxy s3
    EX-iPhone
    Carriers
    US Cellular
    Feedback Score

GS3 Signal Issues

just wondering if anyone else is having poor signal from the GS3? i have had more dropped calls and calls cutting in and out since i got this phone about 10 days ago than i have had since i have been a uscc customer! Im debating on exchanging for a different one or just take it back and wait for the iphone.

Phone
    Samsung Galaxy S IV 16 GB Black
    Carrier
    U.S. Cellular
    Feedback Score
    I've been told it's a known issue... I personally have not run into any signal issues at all.

Phones
    Samsung S4, iPhone 4
    Samsung S4
    iPhone, Electrify M, Samsung S3, Mesmerize
    Carriers
    USCC
    Feedback Score
    I've already exchanged one S3 for another. This one is better, but still dropping calls or losing data signals. I'm real close to taking this one back as well. I'm in Milwaukee and it seems to get confused and keeps switching between 4G and 3G and then loses all bars and drops calls. I've even tried just manually switching to CDMA and it's better, but still drops call occasionally.

Phone
    Samsung Galaxy S3
    Carrier
    US Cellular
    Feedback Score
    Although I haven't talked on mine a lot I haven't dropped one call

Phones
    Samsung galaxy s3
    EX-iPhone
    Carriers
    US Cellular
    Feedback Score
    Mjprel, that's how mine acts....like its confused. This phone also roams quite regular. This new 15 day thing may bite them because if there is any doubt that this phone won't work, I will return it and since my 15 days is up in 3 days I don't have time to thoroughly test another device.
    15 days is really a short return policy on a $300 phone that cost a fortune every year for service and that I am stuck with for 22 months.

Edit Value Martinsburg, WV & Gaithersburg, MD.
    Carrier
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    GS2 Has the same signal issues. Dropping calls etc, Yes, it's a known issue as well...
    I'm caught in a trap. I can't walk out!

Feedback Score
    I went on vacation to Door County (northern Wisconsin) and I never ran into a single issue with service or data. I was actually pretty surprised at how well it did up there since there isn't great coverage to begin with up there. I compared the bars I was getting vs my wife's regular old cellphone (Samsung messenger touch) and they were always the same. No complaints here.

Sent from my SCH-R530U using HowardForums

Feedback Score
    i was having dropped call, and breaking up phone calls alot. i called customer service a couple times, the second time the person recommended going to back to the store and exchanging the device for a new one, he was kind enough to call the store and make sure they had one waiting for me. i went in the next day and got a new one with no hassle at all. the second phone had updated printed on the box, and i am not sure what was updated, i didn't write down the base band, build # or kernel info on phone 1 for comparison and wasn't expecting and updated version, neither phone had the global search function. anyways, the second phone has been flawless, no dropped calls, no breaking up while on the phone, and i have tested it thoroughly. the person in the store indicated that another person had come in complaining about the call quality, and i spoke with the owner of another store, who also said, that he was replacing phones, due to this issue. if your having problems, i would recommend trying to replace asap. i am on a business plan with uscc and do not know if this makes a difference, but i will say the no mail in rebate stuff for a business customers is a win.

Carrier
    U.S. Cellular
    Feedback Score
    From my understanding there are two baseband versions. LF9 and LG1. LF9 seems to be the culprit for poor reception

Sent from my SCH-R530U using Tapatalk 2

Feedback Score
    Is it possible an update could improve this at some point ?

My cell signal is average at best. The rest of the phone is amazing.

Mark

Phones
    Samsung galaxy s3
    EX-iPhone
    Carriers
    US Cellular
    Feedback Score
    I ended up exchanging for a new gs3 yesterday so I will they this one out this week and see if there is a difference.
    Not sure of the old phones baseband # but this one is LG1.

Phones
    Samsung galaxy s3
    EX-iPhone
    Carriers
    US Cellular
    Feedback Score
    Settings-about device. it's the last 3 numbers.

Phone
    Galaxy S3
    Feedback Score
    I had the very same problem. My phone operated alright under ideal settings though it still dropped calls this only became worse while visiting my parents rural home. Previous my desire worked wonders there as does my mom's and my father's galaxy. After speaking with tech support they again indicated I should get the phone replaced. After which the tech acknowledged the problem was occurring with about 5 percent of customers with the gs 3. So I replaced and it works flawlessly the based band on this phone is the g1 or something to that effect mentioned earlier. Oddly both the original phone as well as this phone are marked updated. I am just out of curiosity what color and size models are those with problems using? White thirty two gig here.

Phone
    Galaxy S3
    Feedback Score
    *mom still had the desire.

Phones
    Samsung galaxy s3
    EX-iPhone
    Carriers
    US Cellular
    Feedback Score
    White 16 here. Mine was the very first shipment my local store got. I was on a waiting list and got it the day they called.

Page 1 of 16 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 ... LastLast