Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Best method to port number to Straight Talk?

Feedback Score

Best method to port number to Straight Talk?

Hello All,

So I just received my micro SIM card and $45 monthly card from Straight Talk.

Should I activate the SIM through their customer service phone number, which I've read is terrible or their website: straighttalk.com/secure/Activate

Hmmm, maybe I just answered my own question. Btw, my phone is an iPhone 4S.

Should I use my phone serial number or MEIDI number?

Thanks.

Phone
    Moto Atrix HD various ROMs
    Carrier
    GoPhone
    Feedback Score
    Web. Don't they tell you on the info that came with the ST SIM card? Mine was the serial number of the SIM card itself. Don't know about iPhones...
    Moto Atrix HD: (fantastic reception) Younggun's HoloBlur X, and stock rooted JB
    Moto Atrix 4G: (great reception) M Montuori's Atrix-MROM 2013-03-30 (CM7.2)
    tmo SGS 4G (poor reception): bhundven's unnamed v1 (GB)
    tmo (Huawei U8651T) (good reception) Prism, CWM recov v4, CM 7.2 stable rom for U8650 Sonic

Phones
    Nexus 5
    NEXUS 5
    Samsung Note III
    Carriers
    AT&T GoPhone
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    I used the number on the card. I also used the web.

I was very surprised that my port only took about 15 minutes

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by lennydude View Post
    I used the number on the card. I also used the web.

I was very surprised that my port only took about 15 minutes
    I think this is because you activated your phone with a new number. I want to keep my current number.

Just wonder which method will take the least amount of time to port. Probably varies.

Thanks.

Phones
    Nexus 5
    NEXUS 5
    Samsung Note III
    Carriers
    AT&T GoPhone
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    No.................i ported my existing (then current) phone number from Page Plus Cellular to Straight Talk.

Phone
    Atrix/Skyrocket/R455C/Samsung Jack
    Carrier
    GoPhone LTE
    Feedback Score
    wait till monday in any case.
    just to be safe

Phones
    Nexus 5
    NEXUS 5
    Samsung Note III
    Carriers
    AT&T GoPhone
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Totally agree with Monday............. weekends are not a good time to do these things

Feedback Score
    I plan to port number from AT&T to ST on my iPhone 4 in a few days as soon as AT&T contract expires. You use the serial number on SIM card. There is actually an error in the online instructions stating you use the serial number of phone. The ST rep advised me to use the phone vs online in case a problem arose during the porting. Also, you are asked to supply an activation ZIP code. Since I travel a lot I wondered which one to use. The ST rep stated that it didn't matter in the case of a number port since in that instance they just ignore the ZIP code.
    Pete

Phone
    Atrix/Skyrocket/R455C/Samsung Jack
    Carrier
    GoPhone LTE
    Feedback Score
    i say be careful with that. sometimes they tell you correctly sometimes they dont.

Feedback Score
    Thanks for the suggestions all. I think I will wait till Monday to port my number. Still 50/50 on web vs. phone.

By the way, what is the micro SIM card number? All the numbers or just the underlined numbers?

Thanks again.

Carrier
    Straight Talk (AT&T)
    Feedback Score
    I just ported last month, the number they are looking for is the one that comes on the red activation card. It's the same as the number on the SIM. I did it on the web, if there is a problem they will call you.

Feedback Score
    So I went thru the activation process this morning via web. It's about five hours later and I still don't have any service. My iPhone 4S states "Searching..." instead of the carrier name. I was hoping to be one of those who got their number ported within an hour or so, but it doesn't seem to be the case. The last page of the activation process did state that it may take up to two days in some cases. I hope I'm not one of them.

Anyhow, when do you think is a suitable time to call in? After another few more hours? After a day?

Thanks again all for the help.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by kidbrooklyn View Post
    So I went thru the activation process this morning via web. It's about five hours later and I still don't have any service. My iPhone 4S states "Searching..." instead of the carrier name. I was hoping to be one of those who got their number ported within an hour or so, but it doesn't seem to be the case. The last page of the activation process did state that it may take up to two days in some cases. I hope I'm not one of them.

Anyhow, when do you think is a suitable time to call in? After another few more hours? After a day?

Thanks again all for the help.
    Personally, I would not hesitate to call. Who knows there may be an unresolved issue that's holding things up which was true in my case. I just ported my number and activated ST this morning. The port failed because I gave them my present ZIP code Turns out they need the ZIP code corresponding to the area code and exchange of the number being ported. Once the ZIP code was corrected, it took 1 hour additional.
    Pete

Feedback Score
    Well literally five minute after my last post, the number was successfully ported.

Thanks again everybody for the replies and help. Awesome.

Phone
    LG Nexus 4
    Carrier
    Straight Talk(AT&T Sim)
    Feedback Score
    I used the serial number on the red card. I activated mine on a friday afternoon, porting my # from VZW. My phone was working within 2 minutes of completing the online activation.

My old line however was still showing up on my parents' VZW account for several days afterwards, and they were unable to transfer my old verizon phone to my little sister's number(she had washed her phone) until VZW finished removing my number from their family plan.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast