Thread: New T-Mobile MVNO: Solavei™ / Unlimited Talk+Text+Data for $49

Phone
    iPhone 6 128GB Space Gray
    Carrier
    AT&T 4G LTE
    Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sam73065 View Post
    I am interested in their product, despite the fact that TMo's 3g doesn't work for sh.... either at my home or workplace, despite their coverage maps proclaiming 3g service. $50 for unlimited voice/text plus 4gb of 4g(hopefully) data isn't a bad price for a backup line.
    If the network in your area sucks then even at $50 it'll be a waste of money. I'm sure there are other voice only services for less than $50 you can use as a backup?

Phones
    Sharp 902sh
    INNO 90
    Samsung E715
    Carrier
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    I'm sorry that you got spammed by that guy. We don't tolerate that type of marketing. We are not supposed to do that and they are told that that is unacceptable. I really hope you enjoy the service.

Carrier
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Sevans View Post
    OK, sure enough! Thanks for the link. Looks like they're anticipating on gigging some folks for overages on voice @ ten cents a minute huh? Good deal if you don't make many calls.

On another note, could I get someones input on something a lightyear wireless rep told me in another forum? According to him, Sprint's deal with Lightyear gives them no throttling, truly unlimited data for 60 a month. How could I confirm that one?
    This is the plan I have. Even if you do make a lot of calls, you can still use VOIP. Most of my calls are from my office, where I use the WiFi network. I've heard it works OK on a 3G/4G cellular connection too.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Danny4G View Post
    If the network in your area sucks then even at $50 it'll be a waste of money. I'm sure there are other voice only services for less than $50 you can use as a backup?
    I think you misunderstand or I didn't clearly explain, voice and text is fine where I live and work. It's only their 3g which doesn't work for me inside of our building at work or in my house. Nearly everywhere else their service is fine and I don't need 3g here at home or at work, esp on a secondary line.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by offthegrid View Post
    If this works as is being projected as others have said the worst you can do is to have a great service at a great price.

Just among family members you can get a great savings. Much as I am against network marketing I will consider this once there is an actual product.

Questions that I have for founding members are about coverage - is this prepaid coverage? and billing - I assume paid upfront because it is prepaid but is that the case? Also in looking at this on the web I have seen some reps touting a $30 product also but with no details - Any details on the $30 plan? Thanks.
    I am a founding member and am using the HTC one S on the network. Roaming is included in the plan. So basically, everywhere that Tmobile has service and roaming agreements, Solavei works. I have experienced excellent voice quality and no dropped calls yet. I am coming from sprint, so not much of a measuring stick

I don't know anything about a $30 plan. the initial product offering is simple and there are no other options at this time. i imagine that will change but the $30 plan is probably their way of stretching the truth! It's a $30 plan if you sign 3 people up.

RF
    mod edited: spam removed
    Last edited by martin_j001; 10-30-2012 at 08:49 AM.

Phone
    Carrier
    AT&T 4G LTE
    Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    I removed the recent SPAM post and the off topic (T-Mobile business plan posts).

NOTE: Not all posts are SPAM just because someone is encouraging someone or somebody to try their service. It's only SPAM if they are directing you to a specific link, phone number or email address to contact them directly. The most obvious clue are new users who have only 1 or 2 posts and even then there are gray areas that don't fall into any category so I will make the decision as I see them.

Hope that clears things up. Please proceed.

Carrier
    Solavei
    Feedback Score
    Also to further convey the working of the Solavei system, I too am a founding member and I can confirm a great quality of service on Solavei. I have been using the service for a few weeks and I can tell you vs the Straight talk I had before my coverage is much better. This is probably due to the roaming agreements Solavei worked out with T-Mobile. The data is very fast and overall I'm very happy with what Solavei has done and I have no doubt you will too.

Too many people get caught up in the way a product is delivered, and not the value of the product itself. Just because it is not done in a traditional way we are used to, some think it is bad. In fact I feel it is actually the opposite, I think it is innovative and smart.

I will not spam the thread with my link, I see many others have already done that. I will be glad to answer any questions I can.
    Last edited by martin_j001; 10-30-2012 at 09:00 AM.

Carrier
    Solavei
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by cliffmd View Post
    Thanks for all the answers.

What is the status of T-Mobile's WiFi/UMA calling with Solavei? This is the feature that has kept me with T-Mobile and would stop me from switching to Solavei.

Has Solavei committed to delivering tethering? Any target date?
    Solavei will be offering WiFi Calling, and International calling as well as add-on services. I expect these services will be available at some point on, or after the National Launch 9/21/12.

Carrier
    Solavei
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Grateful4Advice View Post
    Your kidding right? My example used straight talk at $45 per month not simple Mobile. Let's do some math to see who is cheaper.

4 Solavei lines at $50 each = $ 200
    $200 - $20 commission = $180

4 straight talk lines at $45 each = $180

Exactly the same? Not at all. With Straight talk you can maintain the same pricing without the burden of recruiting and maintaining your down line. In addition, Straight Talk has frequent promotions involving free phones and reduced cost refills. Lose one member on Solavei and your paying $50.

I don't mean to be promoting Straight Talk as they are a third rate company as most prepaid companies are. Despite the projections, Network marketing is a very expensive way to sell a product. This is why MLM companies usually sell products with sky high margins like cosmetics or vitamins. I don't believe cellphone data has high enough margins to support reasonable MLM commissions nor pay for quality customer service.

If you do your research you will see only 2-3 % of network marketers make any real money and the overwhelming majority lose money.
    I see a lot of people promoting Straight Talk, and I will admit up until I started using the Solavei network it was pretty good. However what people don't talk about are all the problems with straight talk like, their data has been screwed up so bad over the last month my wife had to go back to the T-Mobile plan, and don't even think about needing customer service as it is in the bottom of the barrel. Solavei will have their own customer service led by one of the top former executives of T-Mobile when they one the JD Powers award years in a row.

People you don't have to look at this as a business, where you have to keep recruiting. It's actually designed to be a free flowing way of sharing. Even if you never refer anyone, it is the best service for the money right now.

The best thing is with no contract you can change at anytime if you feel it is not right for you. Give Solavei a try.
    Last edited by 49dollar-cell; 08-26-2012 at 09:28 AM.

Feedback Score
    I'd pass. I prefer stuff per line. I have a voice only user, and a voice and text only who uses the phone once a year. I'm the only one with data, and I mostly use my wifi.

Carrier
    Solavei
    Feedback Score
    I see there are some people on this thread who are violating Solavei's policies (you know who you are). Some people will stop at nothing to get exposure, all the while setting a bad example for others. If you are one of those, clean your act up and expect a response from corporate.

Phone
    Carrier
    AT&T 4G LTE
    Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    Removed the reference to contact user using personal email address

Feedback Score
    In either way. Looks like it works for them. Guys are promoting this service like a mad .

Will see what will be in result .

Carrier
    GoPhone
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by solavei View Post
    I really wish there were not MLM folks making this product look poor. Solavei is truly a fantastic product which will allow millions of people to get rid of a bill and even make a few hundred bucks each month. The MVNO agreement is the best one out there. Roaming, 4Gig of 4G, you know the rest. This beats all the others. I've been using it for 6 weeks as a founder and it is great. I live in Oklahoma and have taken the phone to Missouri and Texas multiple times and I was amazed at how good the service is. I have been an iPhone lover for years, having used every model of iPhone. As a founder I was required to get the HTC One S and it is truly just as good if not better. I had no idea Androids were as advanced as they are. The people that are offering websites, free trios, etc. suck! They are not following the vision of this business. I am sorry that so many of you have had bad experiences and feel that you have been turned off by the product. It truly is a great product and will change the lives of millions of people. (more than half of the US makes under $50,000/yr as a family. If you get rid of a bill and even make a few hundred dollars/mo it can change lives)
    Peace
    Jeremy
    The MVNO agreement does NOT beat what straight talk has, especially if you pick an ATT sim card.

Straight Talk has agreements with both ATT and Tmobile for both of their networks combined. Some slight things may be better or worse depending on smaller, local towers and networks. Overall though, it's seriously one of the biggest networks you can access, MVNO or not.

Sure, if Solavei is offering 4GB of Tmobile's HSPA+, that's better than what's generally possible with Straight Talk. But, Solavei is more expensive. So, you do get what you pay for.

Also, the more important thing not mentioned is the fact until Tmobile finishes their refarm of 1900mhz, they have a very limited access to phones. With Straight Talk having the ability to use ATT, pretty much any major phone can be had and made to work. Also, ATT uses in many markets the 850mhz spectrum for 3g which has way better coverage and penetration than the 1700mhz tmobile uses.

Carrier
    Solavei
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Morphling27 View Post
    The MVNO agreement does NOT beat what straight talk has, especially if you pick an ATT sim card.

Straight Talk has agreements with both ATT and Tmobile for both of their networks combined. Some slight things may be better or worse depending on smaller, local towers and networks. Overall though, it's seriously one of the biggest networks you can access, MVNO or not.

Sure, if Solavei is offering 4GB of Tmobile's HSPA+, that's better than what's generally possible with Straight Talk. But, Solavei is more expensive. So, you do get what you pay for.

Also, the more important thing not mentioned is the fact until Tmobile finishes their refarm of 1900mhz, they have a very limited access to phones. With Straight Talk having the ability to use ATT, pretty much any major phone can be had and made to work. Also, ATT uses in many markets the 850mhz spectrum for 3g which has way better coverage and penetration than the 1700mhz tmobile uses.
    Solavei does have a much better agreement. They have roaming which enables coverage on all of the GSM networks they have agreements with. You don't get this with Straight Talk, you have to pick one or the other and they don't roam. Solavei has unlimited Data 4 Gb @ 4G then unlimited, Straight talk doesn't you get around 100 Mb/day to 1.5-2 Gb/mo, but it is not published so if you go over they can just cancel your service without warning and you could loose your number. Solavei also has Call forwarding, and will have other advance features available such as international calling, WiFi Calling etc. So even on the base price it is 4.00 more but with many more advantages, if you figure in sharing it with 3 people your cost is now 29.00/mo which is a much better price and service hands down, all the way around. I know I was using ST before Solavei and they are having huge problems right now with data on they network.

Page 11 of 13 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 LastLast