Thread: No Data or Picture Messaging with Proclaim after data reset

Phones
    Samsung Note 2
    Samsung Note 2
    Carrier
    StraightTalk/ATT
    Feedback Score

No Data or Picture Messaging with Proclaim after data reset

Bought a new Proclaim about 2 months ago. Son bought it from me yesterday and I got a larger phone. He was trying to remove my Gmail address from phone and set his up, but it wouldn't let him. The only option it offered to do to get rid of my gmail was to do "factory data reset". He did, added his account and thought everything was good.

Since he has done this, he can't access mobile data or send/receive pics in text messages. He can make calls and send text, but no pictures or internet access. Any ideas on what to do? He just tried factory data reset and still same thing.

Phone
    Atrix/Skyrocket/R455C/Samsung Jack
    Carrier
    GoPhone LTE
    Feedback Score

they

did you remember a little detail caled _-- apn? just reset it up. if you lost the instructions that came with the phone. look on the straightalksim.com and they have pdfs.

i forgot it came setup. it must have removed it. still the instructions are in same place. the "they" title was suppose to be in edits section.

Phones
    Samsung Note 2
    Samsung Note 2
    Carrier
    StraightTalk/ATT
    Feedback Score
    But considering the Proclaim is a ST phone supplied by them and is locked, wouldn't it have defaulted back to it automatically? I had thought about apn but made that assumption. He is having his monthly National Guard drill today so I will have to check when he gets home.

Also, since this is their android that works on VZW, I don't think I will find anything on thier sim website considering it is cdma and not gsm. I may be wrong.

Phone
    Carrier
    GoPhone LTE
    Feedback Score
    the settings was why i directed you there. i mentioned the paperwork that came with the phone, instructions. i thought that might help you setup the apn again.

internet and mms are controlled by apn

Phone
    Carrier
    GoPhone LTE
    Feedback Score
    scratch everything i just said. the setting would be different. i dont know how to answer your question. i will look into it if noone nails it first.

it may be as simple as re-enabling the settings under mobile network. i got a new one still in package i start 1st of month

Phones
    Samsung Note 2
    Samsung Note 2
    Carrier
    StraightTalk/ATT
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by alphamale-b View Post
    scratch everything i just said. the setting would be different. i dont know how to answer your question. i will look into it if noone nails it first.

it may be as simple as re-enabling the settings under mobile network. i got a new one still in package i start 1st of month
    Thanks for your help. I thought you were thinking of the apn settings for ATT sim but since these work on VZW and have no sim, things are different. I don't remember getting anything with phone about setting up apn like the little card that comes with an att sim. I looked at phone briefly last night and didn't see anything that looked wrong. I may have to dig deeper into it when he gets home. If you happen to open package on your new Proclaim, would you mind looking to see if any sort of info card was included? I don't remember it and I can only find my owner's manual. Thanks again.

Phone
    Carrier
    GoPhone LTE
    Feedback Score
    when he gets home look at the settings. its under mobile. its gotta be something like the apn and it must not be active. re_enable. gotta be something like that. look and report.

difference is yours is active. i bet no setup guide is in a new one. i know gsm & cdma are differnet. just had a brain frt.

does the phone have same phone number? its possible the ports not complete if its got a new number. or a bad port. check settings when possible

Phones
    Samsung Note 2
    Samsung Note 2
    Carrier
    StraightTalk/ATT
    Feedback Score
    Number stayed the same. Had a ST rep pm me and they are helping. I am talking to son thru texting. They suggested him to reprogram by *22890 and he just did. Am waiting to hear back from him whether it resolved or not. Would be funny if it did because I was like you by thinking of APN like att is and never thought about the reprogram.

Phones
    Samsung Note 2
    Samsung Note 2
    Carrier
    StraightTalk/ATT
    Feedback Score
    Thanks Sara. He said it is all working correctly now. Don't know why I never thought of that. Thank you too alpha.

Phone
    Carrier
    GoPhone LTE
    Feedback Score
    you are welcome.

that programing step is part of completeing the port.

Carriers
    AT&T Go Phone
    Feedback Score
    Glad u got it working Ira. My wifes Proclaim didn't come with any setup and we were used to apns having AT&T. The only thing is a check for enabling data packet. As you guys said the *22890 seems to work as she did that with her second proclaim.

Btw there is a setting on there for automatic and home. Right now none are highlighted. Does changing them do anything? Thnx.

Phones
    Samsung Note 2
    Samsung Note 2
    Carrier
    StraightTalk/ATT
    Feedback Score
    gate115, Don't really think automatic/home would make any difference since ST does not allow roaming outside of VZW. I do know that if you don't have "Enable data packet" checked, it will not connect to mobile data.

Just to give a final update on my resolution, but doing the *22890 call and rebooting, everything has been working fine. I know this has to do with updating towers and all thru VZW and it is probably the equivalent of going in and making custom changes to the APN on an ATT or Tmo sim.

Again, thanks to everyone for their help.

Carriers
    AT&T Go Phone
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Ira View Post
    gate115, Don't really think automatic/home would make any difference since ST does not allow roaming outside of VZW. I do know that if you don't have "Enable data packet" checked, it will not connect to mobile data.

Just to give a final update on my resolution, but doing the *22890 call and rebooting, everything has been working fine. I know this has to do with updating towers and all thru VZW and it is probably the equivalent of going in and making custom changes to the APN on an ATT or Tmo sim.

Again, thanks to everyone for their help.
    Oh yes, true, no roaming on VZW so that setting won't matter. Glad all is working there for you.
    Cheers.