I am able to use my Straight Talk Bring Your Own Phone SIM card to make calls and sent text messages, but the MMS/IMS Network Settings on the phone do not match up with the Straight Talk GSM data settings.
Straight Talk lists these as the settings entries:
A. Create a new APN (Access Point Name). Enter only the settings listed below.
Name- Straight Talk
MMS Proxy - 188.8.131.52
MMS Port- 80
B. Select the APN you just created.
C. Delete the old APN from your phone if possible
But the A877 Phone has these entries-
• Set Name: enter a profile name.
• Access Name: edit the access point name.
• Auth Type: select the type of authentication used for this WAP
connection: None, Normal, or Secure.
• User ID: enter the User ID required to connect to the network.
• Password: enter the user password required to connect to the
• Protocol: set the connection protocol used by the WAP browser:
WAP or HTTP.
• Home URL: enter the URL address of the page to be used as your
• Gateway Address: (WAP only) enter the gateway address of the
• Proxy Address: (HTTP only) set the proxy server address and port.
• Secure Connection: (WAP only).
I've tried various combinations but I'm not sure which setting correlates with which entry. The phone has two kinds of profiles, MMS and IMS.
There are three preset entries, MediaNet, AT&T MMS and AT&T IMS,
I also do not know how to get the WiFi connections set up as well, I believe the same menu items are uses for this but I'm not sure... Any other ideas?
Thanks for the help!