Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Telus Galaxy 3 Droped calls no service and "shows not authorized on network" Calgary

Feedback Score

Telus Galaxy 3 Droped calls no service and "shows not authorized on network" Calgary

Hello

im a Telus dealer in Calgary and have the G3 and sold a high number of them....
    i have had a number of clients myself and my wife included that have had no signal, had full bars but no service
    have had the "LTE" or "4G' data connection shown but the arrows were gray out not showing up or down input when trying to connect on line ... a few customers phones showed " not authorized on network"..... Called Telus support got tickets for the 4 users.. but want to know if others have the problems....
    thanks

Carrier
    Telus
    Feedback Score
    Yup, I've had the S3 drop it's connectivity from the network completely, in different parts of Edmonton. I'm primarily at my apt on the south side of Edmonton, where there's no LTE availble yet, and it drops HSPA+ randomly through out the day. At my office, a little further north, I have LTE, but will only see 2 bars, and it will drop here at work as well.

I've never seen the "unauthorized on network" error, just that there's no service available. It comes back usually in a few seconds, or under a minute, but it keeps happening and is very annoying.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Switch your phone to hspa only ...
    Just check others forums some people have same problem with rogers

Sent from my XT910 using HowardForums

Carrier
    Telus
    Feedback Score
    i often get "Not allowed by SIM" when trying to make a call but that seems to get fixed by entering and exiting airplane mode.

in the first few days of ownership, it would have trouble dropping off the network but I think as mentioned above it was to do with LTE.

i've reluctantly gone to HSPA only mode (and thus disabled LTE) and haven't had any issues, at least not as frequently. I did this mainly for battery life but now that I have a spare OEM battery, i may return to LTE to use the phone to its full potential.

Carrier
    Telus
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by cedqc418 View Post
    Switch your phone to hspa only ...
    Just check others forums some people have same problem with rogers

Sent from my XT910 using HowardForums
    I think you missed the part where I said this happens when I'm on LTE or HSPA, so it's a SIM/phone issue in my opinion.

Phones
    Samsung Galaxy S3/SW USB AC319U aircard+cradlepoint router
    -> Samsung A540 -> Moto Razr V3C -> BB 7130e -> BB 8830 -> BB 9630 -> Galaxy S3
    Sony CM-B1207 Clearnet PCS -> Sanyo 4000 -> Nokia 6188 ->
    Carriers
    Telus Mobility/ "Tablet 5" + 2 "Share 30 Faves"
    Feedback Score
    Mine works fine if you have it set to HSPA only. I think everyone else reporting the problem only has it when the phone is constantly switching from LTE to HSPA.

So if yours if failing with HSPA only selected it's a good idea to take it back.

I noticed that if you switch between the automatic mode with LTE and back to HSPA it's a good idea to disable packet data first and turn packet data back on again when it's reconnected otherwise you will have to reboot the phone sometimes when doing that switch.
    Clearnet Digital PCS

We think everyone should be able to afford a wireless phone. That's why we were the first wireless company in North America to offer pay-by-the-second airtime, and why we don't charge an activation fee. NO scary contract to sign. Immediate national coverage. And a 30-day satisfaction guarantee. Yes, it's finally time to get a wireless phone.
    f u t u r e . f r i e n d l y™

Best viewed with Netscape 3.0 at 800 x 600 resolution.

Carrier
    Telus
    Feedback Score

4 Phones@Telus
    Unlimited North American Calling from within Canada
    Unlimited Texting North America
    VM3/CC/CID/CW
    15GB Shared data pool
    2 iPads Sharing data pool.
    $220/mo

Carrier
    Rogers
    Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Que_Ball View Post
    ... otherwise you will have to reboot the phone sometimes when doing that switch.
    +1

Someone from TELUS just told me to do this too if you're having problems with LTE.

New Infinity Blade character

My iPhone 5 ringtone: Bah, Bah, Black Sheep.

Our reviews:

ZTE Open| Samsung Galaxy Note 3 | Apple iPhone 5c | Apple iPhone 5s | LG G2 | Samsung Galaxy Note 3 in pictures | Samsung Galaxy Mega | 2013 Nexus 7 | Cel-Fi Signal Booster | Huawei Ascend Y300 | Motorola Moto X | Blackberry Q5 | Motorola Moto X | Samsung Galaxy Tab 3 7" | Belkin NetCam HD | Samsung Galaxy Tab 3 8" | Belkin WeMo Switch | Samsung Galaxy Tab 3 10.1" | Nexus 7 2012 vs 2013 | Samsung Galaxy Note 8.0 | MugenPower GS4 Battery | Huawei Ascend Y210 | Huawei B890 Router | Nokia Lumia 520 | Blackberry Q10 | ZTE F160 | Samsung Galaxy S4 | HTC One | Sony Xperia ZL | Nokia Lumia 620 | Samsung ATIV-S | Blackberry Z10 | Samsung Galaxy Camera | Reflections on 2012 | HTC Windows Phone 8s | Samsung Rugby LTE | Huawei D Quad XL | Google Nexus 4 | Apple iPad Mini | HTC One X+ | HTC Windows Phone 8X | Nokia Lumia 920 | Sony Xperia T | Parrot Zik | LG Optimus G | Samsung Galaxy Note II | Motorola DEFY PRO | Motorola RAZR HD LTE | From iOS to Android | Apple iPhone 5 | HoFo at the CWTS coverage | Rogers LTE Rocket Hub ZTE MF28B | Nokia Lumia 820 and 920 launch | Motorola RAZR V | Motorola ATRIX HD LTE | Back to School Guide | HTC One V | Huawei Ascend P1 | Sony Xperia ION | Nokia Lumia 610 | Nexus 7 | LG Optimus L7 | HTC Titan II | Sony Xperia U | OtterBox Commuter for HTC One X | Samsung Galaxy S III | HTC One S | Samsung Galaxy S II HD LTE | Nokia Lumia 900 | HTC One X | Apple iPad 3 | Sony Xperia S | Samsung Galaxy Note | Samsung Galaxy Tab 8.9 | Nokia Lumia 710 | Blackberry Playbook OS 2.0 | Casemate Pop for Galaxy Nexus | Otterbox Commuter for Galaxy Nexus | Otterbox Defender for Galaxy Nexus | Nokia Lumia 800 | Motorola Pro+ | Blackberry Curve 9360 | Asus Transformer Prime | Galaxy S Glide | Blackberry Bold 9790 | Nokia N9 | 2011 Gift Guide | HTC Amaze 4G | Acer ICONIA Tab A501 | LG Optimus LTE | Case Mate TANK | Samsung Galaxy S II LTE | Motorola RAZR | Samsung Galaxy Nexus

Feedback Score
    Airport mode on and off should also do the trick I believe.

Phones
    Samsung Galaxy SIII
    Samsung Galaxy SIII
    HTC Desire
    Carrier
    Telus
    Feedback Score
    Hi guys,

I just wanted to see if anyone else here has this issue.

It seems that when the phone connects to LTE and attempts to switch to 4G, it loses the connection entirely sometimes when changing towers. It only seems to occur in either certain areas of the city (I'm in Montreal) or with certain towers.

Telus tech support has informed me that many people have reported this issue and that it apparently is either hardware or (more likely) software related, but I am weary of that answer as I've had a difficult time finding any online discussions regarding the problem other than this one.

I also attempted to contact Samsung about it, but according to their repsonse it is not a known issue (they also said they forward my request to the proper department).

Telus has advised to switch to GSM/HSPA+ auto in the meantime and since I've done that, there have been no connection issues.

I'm simply wondering if I should bother bringing back my phone or waiting for a software update, the latter of which is more likely if the problem is indeed widespread.

Carrier
    Telus
    Feedback Score
    No point in bringing it back, I was through 3 phones, they all had this issue, my roommates phone has this issue, and it's widespread across all Canadian LTE carriers.

Of note, there was already a baseband update in the US that seems to have helped resolved this.
    For now, I'm living with the issue, rebooting as needed.

Carrier
    Telus
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by [V] View Post
    Airport mode on and off should also do the trick I believe.
    Doesn't, requires a reboot when it happens.

Phones
    Samsung Galaxy SIII
    Samsung Galaxy SIII
    HTC Desire
    Carrier
    Telus
    Feedback Score
    FYI, after contacting Telus support, this is part of the response I received:

"I would not advise you to wait for a software upgrade – as this issue would have been occuring on all other Galaxy S3s had this been a software issue."

Carrier
    Telus
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Andru Matsoukas View Post
    FYI, after contacting Telus support, this is part of the response I received:

"I would not advise you to wait for a software upgrade – as this issue would have been occuring on all other Galaxy S3s had this been a software issue."
    then this means there is massive hardware defect.

Phones
    Samsung Galaxy SIII
    Samsung Galaxy SIII
    HTC Desire
    Carrier
    Telus
    Feedback Score
    I had my Galaxy S3 replaced yesterday morning as advised and have had no issues since. I'll try and post an update in another week or so but it seems that it may be a hardware issue.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast