Thread: Samsung proclaim

Feedback Score

Samsung proclaim

So i just got the proclaim verizon network, and its a great phone and fast internet. They now have the optimus zip verizon network.

Feedback Score
    I am happy with mine, too.

Carriers
    AT&T Go Phone
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by JoanMN View Post
    I am happy with mine, too.
    My wife loves hers and I may even get one after porting first to google voice. Did anyone have the screen flickering issue? Thnx

Feedback Score
    I haven't. The screen goes dark (depending on how long you have it set to do that), but no flickering. It also doesn't effect calls I'm on or anything. My first Android, so I'm really enjoying it.

Carriers
    AT&T Go Phone
    Feedback Score
    I love my wifes Proclaim but I'm just concerned for my eyes and its way smaller screen then I'm used to.
    Still it really is a great phone for the price. The processor is very snappy.
    Also an Android update would be cool. 2.3 is kinda dated.

Feedback Score
    I just got mine on 8/3 and I love it!

As far as your screen flickering, it is due to the auto-bright feature. You can turn this off by going to "Settings">>"Display Settings">>"Brightness" then uncheck Automatic Brightness. Also, on the screen with the 5 items at the top (which are not explained in the book but one is Bluetooth) you'll see the sun which is half darkened. Pressing on that item will switch you from auto to dim, medium then bright. When you are outside in full sunlight, you'll have to brighten the screen so you can see it.

Phone
    Android
    Carriers
    -T--Mobile USA|Get More
    Feedback Score
    Has anyone tried foxfi to see if you can hotspot tether it to your computer?

Sent from my HTC Amaze 4G

Carriers
    MetroPCS
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Antenna View Post
    Has anyone tried foxfi to see if you can hotspot tether it to your computer?

Sent from my HTC Amaze 4G
    A while ago I saw one guy doing a YouTube review video of the phone and he stated that he attempted to tether the phone to his computer and it broke data on it to the point where even Straight Talk told him to return it, because they couldn't fix it, which he did.

I guess it's possible that he could be making it up, I just don't see why, unless he worked for Straight Talk.

Sent from my SGH-T989 using Tapatalk 2
    <<Achieved on "America's Most Affordable 4G Network!"

Carriers
    AT&T Go Phone
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by 1true3 View Post
    I just got mine on 8/3 and I love it!

As far as your screen flickering, it is due to the auto-bright feature. You can turn this off by going to "Settings">>"Display Settings">>"Brightness" then uncheck Automatic Brightness. Also, on the screen with the 5 items at the top (which are not explained in the book but one is Bluetooth) you'll see the sun which is half darkened. Pressing on that item will switch you from auto to dim, medium then bright. When you are outside in full sunlight, you'll have to brighten the screen so you can see it.
    No it wasn't the auto bright setting as far as the flickering. Neither my wife nor I have used that feature ever on any cells we owned. We don't like the way auto brightness thinks. Lol