Phones
    Note2/Oppo7a
    Galaxy Express
    Note 2
    Carriers
    GoPhone $35
    Feedback Score

Net10 throttling.

Well they do throttle. In my first month I pushed data to the max. I used Usenet to download a few MultiGigabyte files. After breaking the 8GB mark, I was throttled to edge speeds, pages loaded very slowly. When I used mobilespeedtest.com, it reported 4-8Mbps but since Net10 is proxied that does not mean anything. I also noticed that they were filtering some sites out, I could no longer access my Usenet servers and of course speedtests weren't working.

I figured that once the new month started I would get data speeds back, well that did not happen. I called tech support but they were of no use. Clear browser cookies and check APN settings is all they wanted to do. I did post my slow data issue in the Net10 Forums; http://www.net10forum.com/. Within an hour I received a PM from a NET10 employee asking for my my phone's serial number, I gave them the sim number, the one mentioned in the activation kit also printed on your sim card. Next PM I got said he did some thing to my account and I needed to reboot the phone. Data speeds were back but they are still blocking Usenet, not that I Usenet from my phone, that's what the home server is for. I was using it just to test speeds over time.

I will continue with my Net10 trial but will no longer try to test the boundaries of excessive data usage. I will stick with my normal usage pattern and see if they have an issue with that.

Phones
    Note2/Oppo7a
    Galaxy Express
    Note 2
    Carriers
    GoPhone $35
    Feedback Score
    Throttled again in 8days.

Good bye Net10. Time to use my old unlimited ipad plan and Skype/Vonage. Waiting on a dual sim adapter so I can have some prepaid minutes for those times when viop is not cutting it.

Phone
    S390G LG500G T404G T301G V170
    Carrier
    TracFone (AT&T SIM)
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by gedster314 View Post
    Throttled again in 8days.
    What sort of data usage did you have in that period?

Phones
    Note2/Oppo7a
    Galaxy Express
    Note 2
    Carriers
    GoPhone $35
    Feedback Score
    Couldn't tell you. My normal routine is usually an hour of streaming some Euro Prog rock stations while I do my walk and occasional streaming while driving. I kind of thought Net10 would do the same as ST but I did not read many complaints, so I thought I would try them. Atleast I found out early before I got too committed to them. No hard feelings here since I already had 2 alternatives ready to go. Google Voice sure does make plan hopping painless.

Carrier
    GSM: Whoever has the best deal!
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by gedster314 View Post
    Google Voice sure does make plan hopping painless.
    Amen to that!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD