EVO 4G LTE
    Carrier
    Sprint
    Feedback Score

FreedomPop iPhone & iPod 3G/4G MiFi case

http://www.dailywireless.org/2012/07...fd-lte-access/

http://reviews.cnet.com/8301-19512_7...to-ipod-touch/

4G LTE + 4G WiMAX + 3G

Back in May, FreedomPop started taking preorders for its FreedomSleeve, a $99 iPhone 4/4S case that offered WiMax-based backhaul with local WiFi for the phone — and 1 MB of free “starter” data as well.

Things have changed a bit since then, explains C/Net. It’s also added a second sleeve for the phoneless-iPod. It measures 2.4 inches by 4.5 inches by 0.6 inch — almost exactly the same size as the iPhone 3GS. Its built-in lithium polymer battery (1,450mAh) is good for over 6 hours, according to FreedomPop. The case plugs into the iPod’s docking port, then recharges via what appears to be a Mini-USB connector in the bottom.

The new iPod Touch 4G Sleeve also turns your iPod into a wireless hotspot, allowing up to eight additional devices to connect to it.

The iPod Touch 4G Sleeve offers no-contract nationwide 4G by way of Sprint’s FD-LTE and its 3G data network, as well Clearwire’s WiMax network. That’s a big change from the original FreedomSleeve for iPhone, which was going to be limited to WiMax. The new FreedomSleeve will now also connect to these additional networks and give users 500MB of data for free per month. No voice.

FreedomPop will also give you an extra 10MB per month for each friend you refer, for a maximum of 1GB of free data per month. You can extend that all the way to 5GB by “engaging in partner offers and promotions,” according to FreedomPop.

The iPod Touch Sleeve sells for $99 shipped. FreedomPop says the sleeves will ship in “late summer.”

Last edited by 503ducati; 08-01-2012 at 12:39 AM.
    Sensorly --- Signal Check Pro --- Root Metrics

Bend, Oregon

Phones
    Samsung Epic 4G
    Blackberry Bold 9650
    Novatel MiFi 2200
    Carriers
    Sprint (personal) CBeyond (work & data hotspot)
    Feedback Score
    The second gen device looks like more of a winner to me--always seemed to me that WiMax-only coverage on a device like that (particularly since your hand will cover the antenna) would lead to to truly horrible coverage.

We'll see if it actually ships--this be the first MVNO to access Sprint's LTE network, no?

I don't have an iPhone--but as soon as a hotspot ships, I'll jump on it. I feel I don't use my personal one enough to justify the monthly fee--but when I need it, I need it--so I've kept it. This would be a quick $50 saved per month--and would be a great thing for work as well. As it stands right now, we've only been able to give hotspots to a few of the key employees who use them all the time--this would be a great thing for those who just need to check e-mail/light browsing while out and about.

--Nat

Phone
    EVO 4G LTE
    Carrier
    Sprint
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by NGeorge View Post
    The second gen device looks like more of a winner to me--always seemed to me that WiMax-only coverage on a device like that (particularly since your hand will cover the antenna) would lead to to truly horrible coverage.

We'll see if it actually ships--this be the first MVNO to access Sprint's LTE network, no?

I don't have an iPhone--but as soon as a hotspot ships, I'll jump on it. I feel I don't use my personal one enough to justify the monthly fee--but when I need it, I need it--so I've kept it. This would be a quick $50 saved per month--and would be a great thing for work as well. As it stands right now, we've only been able to give hotspots to a few of the key employees who use them all the time--this would be a great thing for those who just need to check e-mail/light browsing while out and about.

--Nat
    It's iPod Touch only unless there's an iPhone version coming. I believe "Ting" may be the first Sprint MVNO to gain access to LTE. "Voyager Mobile" seems to be 3G and 4G WiMAX at this point.

Phones
    Apple iPhone 4
    Samsung Infuse 4G
    Carrier
    Straight Talk
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by 503ducati View Post
    It's iPod Touch only unless there's an iPhone version coming. I believe "Ting" may be the first Sprint MVNO to gain access to LTE. "Voyager Mobile" seems to be 3G and 4G WiMAX at this point.
    actually of you go to their website you can see that their is a iphone version and a ipod touch version

Phone
    EVO 4G LTE
    Carrier
    Sprint
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by obi_d21 View Post
    actually of you go to their website you can see that their is a iphone version and a ipod touch version
    Nice find, they didn't have a pre-order for the new LTE/WiMAX/3G version for the iPhone up before just the iPod. It looks like you get 500MB free and up to 1GB free with $10/GB for extra. http://www.freedompop.com/

Phones
    Apple iPhone 4
    Samsung Infuse 4G
    Carrier
    Straight Talk
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by 503ducati View Post
    Nice find, they didn't have a pre-order for the new LTE/WiMAX/3G version for the iPhone up before just the iPod. It looks like you get 500MB free and up to 1GB free with $10/GB for extra. http://www.freedompop.com/
    it sounds like a very good deal as soon as they become available (2 weeks?) ill be buying one

Phone
    EVO 4G LTE
    Carrier
    Sprint
    Feedback Score
    FreedomPop’s Free Mobile Data Plans: What You Need to Know

Oct. 3rd 2012

Read more: http://techland.time.com/2012/10/03/...#ixzz2AY8iaUJq

Phone
    EVO 4G LTE
    Carrier
    Sprint