Thread: Net10 LG 900GHL phone not recognizing micro SD card

Feedback Score

Net10 LG 900GHL phone not recognizing micro SD card

not sure what the deal is - bought 3 micro SD cards and it won't work in my phone. traded out with the one my son put in his nook and both work in his nook but none work in mine. wife put hers in her net10 phone and it came right up.

s/w version on my phone is V10h.

not sure what to do. am i just sol?

Feedback Score
    What is the size of the microSD card? I believe the max is 4GB for the LG900.

Did you format the card in the LG 900 or another phone or your pc? I think people report better results if they format the card for the first time anywhere else other than the LG 900, including another phone.

Feedback Score
    its an 8 gig card... i tried to format it in my wife's samsung first, but no luck. I guess i'll go with the 4 gig and see what happens.

thank you!

Phones
    BlackBerry Z10
    BlackBerry Z10
    HKC Tablet
    Carriers
    Net 10
    Feedback Score
    I've successfully used 8gb cards in my LG900G.

These phones have had issues with getting sd cards to work... if you do a search back, the most common thing to do is to format the card in the phone, or reformat it, and try again.

I know mine doesn't always like it when I take my sd card out and reinstall it. I have to sometimes power the phone down and turn it back on in order for it to work correctly with the card (it sees it, it just doesn't want to use it)

As has been noted elsewhere, make sure you have only 1 (one) partition on the card, or else it can't see any of them...
    Last edited by PaisleyPirate; 08-05-2012 at 01:39 PM.

Feedback Score
    Has anyone had any luck installing the 8gb sd card in the lg800 Tracfone?

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by armenaki View Post
    Has anyone had any luck installing the 8gb sd card in the lg800 Tracfone?
    You should post this in the LG 800 thread or even start a new thread for the topic. Don't hijack this thread.

Phones
    LG900GHL
    LG90GHL
    Carrier
    Net10 on ATT Sim card
    Feedback Score
    I have an LG 900 G, and it will take an 8 Gig card. The secret is in the downloadable pdf manual I found online: turn the phone off, take the battery and SIM card out, put them both back along with the SD card, THEN power up the phone. The phone will (if it responds like mine) recognize the card and THEN you can format it in the phone, even if it has been formatted elsewhere. I have done this with 3 cards, and it has worked every time (I have a LOT of music ).
    Also, if it ever powers itself off and won't power back on, try the same battery-SIM out/ batttery-SIM In trick. That seems to solve a host of problems with this phone.
    Also, I have learned this summer to my dismay that it does NOT like heat. We have been running 110 + here in SW OK for about 15 days now, and my phone simply will NOT unlock if it gets hot on my belt, so I have had to wrap it (in its case) in a bandanna and put it in my pocket.
    And Dollar General has a real neat swiveling belt case for $6.00 that is a perfect fit for it. Have had one for 2 years now, has magnetic close flap, really good spring belt clip, and hugs tight, stays out of the way.

More than ya wanted, huh? I earned "OnerousOne". Sorry. Hope it helps you out.
    A Fool's Money Never Lasts

Carrier
    TF GSM & ST CDMA
    Feedback Score
    I tried an 8GB Sandisk card in my LG900G for awhile when I was using it and it stored music and stuff fine but anytime I checked the memory used/available information for the 8GB card it said it was a 4GB card. I didn't trust it so I just replaced it with a 4GB card and kept that in there until I finally deactivated that phone.

Phones
    LG900GHL
    LG90GHL
    Carrier
    Net10 on ATT Sim card
    Feedback Score
    Hmm. Mine recognizes the full 8 GB. It shows it as MB, but if I do the math, the total is right. The phone does some funny things, mostly I think built into it to try and discourage using it so much, but since I figured out the hard reboot (battery & SD card out-in), it recognizes and formats the cards fine.
    I also use SanDisk cards. 8 GB at Walmart about $16.00, as I remember.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by BobbyLee View Post
    I tried an 8GB Sandisk card in my LG900G for awhile when I was using it and it stored music and stuff fine but anytime I checked the memory used/available information for the 8GB card it said it was a 4GB card. I didn't trust it so I just replaced it with a 4GB card and kept that in there until I finally deactivated that phone.
    If it is a counterfeit Sandisk card, it could say one thing on the case but be something else on the inside. That is a trait of counterfeit cards. They don't have the advertised capacity. So the phone was seeing what was actually there. How well the card works is another story.