Thread: Your Call Cannot Be Completed As Dialed

Feedback Score

Your Call Cannot Be Completed As Dialed

On Saturday, I started receiving intermitent messages of "Your cannot be completed as dialed. Please check the number and try again". I tried a few times to get this fixed but techncial support was unable to correct the problem and Koodo stated that there were no known network issues . There was nothing wrong with the way I was dialing the numbers and in fact, I was be able to place the calls after redialing, sometimes requiring 5 tries.

That was enough to make me port out but I'm curious if anyone else has been having this problem?

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    No problem here

Sent from my XT910 using HowardForums

Feedback Score
    I can't believe I am not the only one, I thought I have a ghost messing around with my phones.

I have exactly the same issue but I am on Virgin. It only happens in my apartment. I tried different phones (Galaxy S2, HTC One X, Galaxy S3), I even changed SIM cards and it still happens. The same thing happens to my girlfriend's phone in my apartment so definitely there is something going on (she uses a Galaxy S2). The issue seems to appear and disappear but it seems to be related to Wifi > if the WiFi is ON and connected to my router, most of the time I get "Your cannot be completed as dialed. Please check the number and try again". However it happens with the WiFi OFF on the phone too, but not as often.

I have full signal in my apartment and I can receive calls without a problem, I can send/receive text messages or even browse the internet. Only outbound calls are affected and it looks like the numbers I dialed get messed up in the dialing process (if you dial a completely wrong number like 12345 you get the same message). As a side note, I've been living in this apartment since May and never had an issue until a month ago.

I had the SIM card in a dumbphone (INQ Chat 3G) and didn't have a single issue; this phone doesn't have WiFi though. As soon as I popped the SIM card in my new Galaxy S3, the bug came back again.

I called tech support numerous times, they say there is nothing wrong with the network.

What is going on here ? Is it an Android bug ?

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    android bug i think but strange only you... never see this on others forums with S3 ...

Feedback Score
    It happens on my S3 and I had an HTC One X before and it was the same. My girlfriend is using a Galaxy S2 and she has the same issue as soon as she steps into my apartment. The only thing these phones have in common is they all are on Ice Cream Sandwich 4.0.4.

But before I had the HTC One X or the Galaxy S3, I had a Galaxy S2, also on ICS 4.0.4 and never had a single problem with it regardless of WiFi on or off.

This bug / issue is so crazy and difficult to troubleshoot I have no idea what to do and tech support is unable to do anything, most of the reps give me scripted answers which don't make a lot of sense.

Phones
    A3LSMG900T, L6ARCV70UW, QMNRM-381, A3LGTI9100, PYARM-601, PYARM-529, PPIRM-598, QMNRM-11
    PYARM-244, QTLRH-106, PPIRM-510, QTKRM-364, QURRM-485, QMNRH-66, QMNRH-55, QMNRH-71, QMNRH-34,
    BCG-E2817A, BCG-E2816A, IHDT56PG3, PKRNVWMC679, N7NAC763S, QISE181, QFXRM-675X...
    Carrier
    TELUS, Bell, SpeakOut, CSL, China Mobile, au by KDDI, Travel SIM UK
    Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    claudiu_corbea,

First, which variant of HTC One X you also have this strange issue? The North American LTE variant?
    --

HC - NO "i"
    I am NOT "the" HC, we are TWO different individuals!

"If we amplify everything, we hear nothing!" - Jon Stewart, Comedian

Feedback Score
    Yes, it was the North American LTE variant. I don't have it anymore, I have Galaxy S3 LTE now and the same thing happens. But it doesn't seem to be related to LTE, my girlfriend has a Galaxy S2 with a regular SIM card (non LTE) and the bug is still there on her phone too.

I just called tech support again and while I was talking to them on a different phone, they asked me to dial a number. I got the "Your Call Cannot Be Completed As Dialed" from the first try and the rep didn't see my call in his system, it didn't show up as an outbound call. He called me back and my phone rang from the first try.

We then switched network modes to GSM/HSPA/LTE, GSM/HSPA and HSPA with a bettery pull between changes. Nothing helped. At the end he deactivated the account and reactivated it back again but again there was no change. He said he can't send the case to "the network team" until I get a non-LTE SIM card since my phone is not a Virgin phone. I will do it tomorrow but it won't make a difference.

EDIT: To make it even stranger > I also have another Virgin SIM card but it is prepaid. That SIM sits inside an unlocked INQ Chat 3G and it just works, there are no problems. In fact it is the phone I use to call Virgin tech support, it is the only one that works inside the house.
    Last edited by claudiu_corbea; 11-03-2012 at 11:43 PM.

Feedback Score
    Maybe there is signal interference in your building...just a guess

Feedback Score
    maybe the tower is full or having some issues!

have back office look into it for u!

Feedback Score
    I called tech support a few times, they don't know how to approach the problem. They did all sorts of troubleshooting but that's as far as it went.

But I did some troubleshooting on my own and I might be on something > it appears to be related to WiFi and WiFi activity. It doesn't really make sense since WiFi is 2.4 or 5 ghz and is far away from 850 / 1900 Mhz but it seems they somehow interfere with my phone. I'll test some more and report back.