Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Where is the activation code??

Feedback Score

Where is the activation code??

So I got the blaze, it came with the free $50 refill, a new sim, but there was no "activation booklet" included with the phone as stated on the TM website.

Am I missing something? Or did they screw me again.

Phone
    Nokia 2720
    Carriers
    T-Mobile
    Virgin
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by RS5743 View Post
    So I got the blaze, it came with the free $50 refill, a new sim, but there was no "activation booklet" included with the phone as stated on the TM website.

Am I missing something? Or did they screw me again.
    It's a tri-fold card, about 4x6 inches, with places to record your numbers ... the activation number looks like a telephone number, viz. xxx-xxx-xxxx. It's on the English side of the card.

Possibly, T-Mobile activates phones before shipment .... more likely the card is misplaced.
    Regards, FJ

Feedback Score
    I certainly did not receive anything fitting that description. There is no chance that I myself misplaced such a document. I opened the UPS plastic envelope, inside was the phone box and $50 refill card. After removing the two plastic stickers at either end of the box, inside was the phone, and inside the piece of cardboard holding the phone was a "start guide" booklet, a "Health & Safety and Warranty Guide" booklet, a "Terms & Conditions Return Policy Limited Warranty" booklet, a Samsung online registration card, and a phone recycling card. Below that was a new sim card, still attached to the plastic card, and the charging cable/plug. This was all done at a table, so nothing would be misplaced. No paper anywhere in the box was 6".

I guess i'll call them tomorrow. I'm starting to resent tmobile.

Feedback Score
    Why are you starting to "resent" them?

So you have to call them. Big deal.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by adam1991 View Post
    Why are you starting to "resent" them?
    Did you see my thread about titled "Tmobile is screwing me over"? Well that, along with this, has left a bad taste in my mouth and I haven't even begun to use their service. I had someone just order the phone for me after some headache (see the other thread). I'm willing to bet when I call, and tell them I never got the activation card (which they'll blame on me), and they find out I'm not the one who actually ordered the phone, they won't help me. I bet I'll end up having to pay for another sim/activation kit.

Feedback Score
    Just like I thought, they can't do **** for me, until I pay for a new sim/activation kit. What a terrible company.

Carriers
    AT&T,
    Feedback Score
    You can get an activation code on ebay for dirt cheap.

Edit - I'd suggest you try another CSR. Make sure you are calling the number in the link below

http://prepaid-phones.t-mobile.com/p...pport-activate

Phones
    Samsung Galaxy S Blaze 4G
    Samsung Galaxy Nexus
    Samsung Galaxy Exhibit 4G
    Carrier
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    I received my Samsung Blaze today and it also didn't come with an activation code.

Carrier
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    You're lucky you even got your $50 refill card. I didn't get that OR the activation code. These are postpaid phone kits so they seem to just mail them out as is, meaning it doesn't have the activation code.

Dealing with their outsourced prepaid customer care is horrendous. Good luck. You're better off getting an activation code elsewhere. It sucks but the Blaze is a really nice phone. I think it's worth it. You got a good deal too. It's $399 + tax no contract usually.

Sent from my Galaxy S III
    Castrol EDGE 5W-30 is my drug of choice.

Primary: iPhone 6 64GB, Galaxy Note 3, Lumia 635: 5 lines, 1x $15 5GB data, 2x $5 Android web, 1x $2.99 T-Zones, corp discount + $10/mo loyalty discount = $93/mo tax inclusive
    Secondary: iPhone 4S & LG Ultimate 2: TracFone (Verizon)
    Tablet: iPad Mini Retina w/ T-Mobile 4G LTE

Phones
    Samsung Galaxy S Blaze 4G
    Samsung Galaxy Nexus
    Samsung Galaxy Exhibit 4G
    Carrier
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by IsLand_BoY View Post
    You're lucky you even got your $50 refill card. I didn't get that OR the activation code. These are postpaid phone kits so they seem to just mail them out as is, meaning it doesn't have the activation code.

Dealing with their outsourced prepaid customer care is horrendous. Good luck. You're better off getting an activation code elsewhere. It sucks but the Blaze is a really nice phone. I think it's worth it. You got a good deal too. It's $399 + tax no contract usually.

Sent from my Galaxy S III
    Yea I think they are selling postpaid phone kits. they just placed the $50 refill card in the packaging bag with the invoice slip.

Phones
    Apple
    iPhone 5
    iPhone 5C
    Carriers
    Straight Talk
    Feedback Score
    I have bought over 6 T-Mobile sims and every time the activation codes won't work online for a few days after I get them. You have to wait a few days after you get them to activate for some reason. Or just call CS and they can activate it then.

Feedback Score
    Contact customer support through chat and not phone. It was a much better experience. The guy on chat understood what I was asking, got the information I needed and clearly explained it. By phone I went through an endless menu that only connected me to a live person after I just would not answer clearly for the voice prompts to understand. Then the live phone rep did not understand what i was asking and really could not help.

Phones
    Nokia 2610, 6030b, 2118, 2280, 3555b, 6215i
    Sony Ericsson K300i; Samsung SGH-t109
    Motorola V325
    Carriers
    T-Mobile USA; AT&T Mobility USA; Vodafone NZ; 2degrees NZ
    Feedback Score
    When did they outsource? (Last time that they forgot to throw in an activation card in a phone kit for me a few years back they mailed me one separately after I asked, which was a few years ago, give or take, so I am merely curious.) I recently had to do a SIM change after a family member lost her SIM, and I didn't notice any outsourcing clues, really.

Carrier
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by ngerukai View Post
    When did they outsource? (Last time that they forgot to throw in an activation card in a phone kit for me a few years back they mailed me one separately after I asked, which was a few years ago, give or take, so I am merely curious.) I recently had to do a SIM change after a family member lost her SIM, and I didn't notice any outsourcing clues, really.
    Within the last couple of years. A good clue is that they're open longer than "regular" customer service. A while back I had ordered a prepaid phone and didn't get the $25 airtime card that was included as a bonus. No problem, they just mailed me one. Now it's like pulling teeth and they have no clue what you're talking about.

T-Mobile's prepaid, especially Monthly4G, is a great deal but they really need to work on their customer service. Their downward slide is also on the postpaid side. I can't believe how often I'm connected to an outsourced rep. I've found that asking for the loyalty department gets me to an American rep more often than not. Oh well, it has its ups and downs. American reps didn't want to let me add $5 preferred phone first web unless I renewed for two years. Talked to an outsourced rep who happily added it for me w/ no contract renewal needed.

Phone
    Nokia Lumia 520
    Carrier
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    Probably one of the reasons unemployment went where I live (Phoenix area). They've built quite a few call centers here over the years, but now it's rare to call in somewhere and actually talk to someone that sounds American!

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast