Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Rogers able to remove credits via audit?

Feedback Score
    To be clear I have not been audited or lost my credits. I changed my place to the 6gb super plan. And I told the rep that the Only way I would change was if I kept my credits and she changed it and said the credits are on (till 2015) a day later I called in to switch my other line to the same 6gb super plan. And that report said that she can't change it (I also have credits on that line) and that my other line is going to get audited and the credits removed.

Feedback Score
    And I agree with most of the peoples opinion on here that if someone like me agreed to sign a contract with the exception of having it discounted then Rogers changing that is wrong. If I happened to me I would expect to work with Rogers to either get the credits back or get the same price point that I agreed to before. If they wouldn't do that I would go the. Ccts route and change providers

Carrier(s)
    Rogers
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by WorldIRC View Post
    I agree with your points, but let's get down to practicality.

If a rep offers me $50 / month in credits to sign a 36 month credit, and that rep informs me the credits will last for 36 months, Rogers would have a hard time justifying their removal to me and sticking me with the cost. "Internal Policy" is not the problem of the client. That is something for Rogers to deal with internally.

If Rogers insists on removing the credits, at the VERY LEAST, I expect my contract date to expire immediately, and I expect to cancel with no 30 days notice required.
    I know where you are coming from, but as well and i will admit i used it.

Rep gives me 1-3 months credit, once removed, i called back and told next rep i was told it was term on contract and then they changed it.......

P.S. I have been auditted and WON via OOP as well as being called and auditted via OOP phone call or so claimed ( no name existed with my contact at OOP ), and as well on other accounts i setup..... PROOF is all needed and very easy to WIN.

To OP, Your line is subject to audit if you wish your credits to exist. New plan = new limits on what can and can't have credits and limits you are chnaging plans with some other plans credits. If you have your Interaction ID # they can pull call on line and verify you where promised this and trust me, managers can actually have tapes played for them while you wait on calls...and keep. On your 2nd line, if past 6 months can always ask them to clone line same as original line in question with credits.

Device(s)
    Samsung Galaxy S i9000M
    Carrier(s)
    Rogers
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by habs_fan View Post
    To be clear I have not been audited or lost my credits. I changed my place to the 6gb super plan. And I told the rep that the Only way I would change was if I kept my credits and she changed it and said the credits are on (till 2015) a day later I called in to switch my other line to the same 6gb super plan. And that report said that she can't change it (I also have credits on that line) and that my other line is going to get audited and the credits removed.
    If the rep said that credits would be kept despite the plan change, then you are golden. While a physical contract you sign to get a subsidized handset claims that it overrides prior agreements, it certainly cannot override future agreements or contracts. When you agreed to change your plan because the credits would remain, as an agent of Rogers she entered into a contract with you on Rogers behalf. This contract can certainly be seen to override any existing contract that might exist, so even if there is some ******** in their TOS that contradicts your agreements, your agreement should stand as the latter and current contract.

Remember: contracts come in many forms... don't let them fool you into thinking that the only contract is the term contract you agree to. You enter into a contract every time an agent of Rogers makes an offer and you agree.
    Phone: Samsung Galaxy SIII i747M - CyanogenMod10 IceCreamSandwich 4.1.2.

Rogers Retentions Plans:
    (2x): 200WD+100bonus ($25); 6GB data (-$10) Free: 100LD; 6pm Unl Eve/Wkd; Unl Incoming; Unl SMS/MMS; Unl Network Calling+LD; Unl Wifi Calling; CID; VM.
    After Tax: $53.22; Total discounts: $58.40/mnth.
    (1x): 200WD+6pm Unl eve/wkd (17.50 plan) (-$15MFD); 1000LD ($5); CID; VM; 2500TXT; $108 yearly credit.
    After Tax: $12.99; Total discounts: $39/mnth.

Device(s)
    Samsung Galaxy S i9000M
    Carrier(s)
    Rogers
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by habs_fan View Post
    If the rep said that credits would be kept despite the plan change, then you are golden. While a physical contract you sign to get a subsidized handset claims that it overrides prior agreements, it certainly cannot override future agreements or contracts. When you agreed to change your plan because the credits would remain, as an agent of Rogers she entered into a contract with you on Rogers behalf. This contract can certainly be seen to override any existing contract that might exist, so even if there is some ******** in their TOS that contradicts your agreements, your agreement should stand as the latter and current contract.

Remember: contracts come in many forms... don't let them fool you into thinking that the only contract is the term contract you agree to. You enter into a contract every time an agent of Rogers makes an offer and you agree.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2