Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Verizon smartphone $80 plan now allows many more Verizon 3g phones/byod

Feedback Score

Verizon smartphone $80 plan now allows many more Verizon 3g phones/byod

The $80 Verizon prepaid Smartphone plan: unlimited talk/text/1gb data has been updated so that many more phones then the original two Androids (Citrus, Illusion) can now be activated on Vz pp. They include but are not limited to:

Blackberry 8830 , 9630,9930, 8530, 8330,9370,9330,9530,9850
    Palm Pre Plus, Pre 2, Pre 3, Pixi Plus
    Droid 2, Droid X, Droid 2 Global, Droid R2D2, Droid 3, Droid Pro, Mage, Ally, Vortex, Enlighten and Nokia 7705.

Not every Droid or Blackberry can be used on this plan but the list has greatly increased.
    Apparently you can used prepaid or postpaid clean esn Verizon 3G smartphones on it.
    No Iphone cdma and no 4G/LTE at this time.

The tradeoff is that Verizon has killed its monthly smartphone plans that once included unlimited 3G data with 450, 900 and unlimited minutes.

That leaves zero major prepaid divisions offering unlimited high speed data at this time.

Verizon also apparently has more new prepaid plans in the works but when and what they will be is still unrevealed.

Not Page Plus but a most definite step in the right direction.
    The new byod policy became active August 2nd.

Feedback Score
    Add to this list the Samsung Vortex, Gem, the Droid X2 and the recent Gzone touchscreen Commando tough phone.

Not equal to Page Plus but so much better then the Citrus and Illusion alone...

No iphone or 4G/Lte yet folks. It is Verizon after all...

Phone
    Lumia_Icon, iPhone_5S
    Carrier
    VZW_Prepaid, Virgin_Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by fonezfonz View Post
    No iphone or 4G/Lte yet folks. It is Verizon after all...
    Verizon also apparently has more new prepaid plans in the works but when and what they will be is still unrevealed.

The new byod policy became active August 2nd.
    More Prepaid Plans in the works = "iphone or 4G/Lte", yes?
    No Contract means I have all the power.
    They want me, but they can't have me...

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by vmobi View Post
    More Prepaid Plans in the works = "iphone or 4G/Lte", yes?
    Quite possibly. I was hoping for something more basic like a lower per minute rate on paygo. Verizon does offer $10 activation credit on their new phones. You have to buy a new phone but everybody else hardly offers anything anymore (Att/most Att mvnos, zero credit, Tmobile, $3.33, Virgin Mobile: 20 minutes, Page Plus: 20 minutes, Tracfone: 20 minutes, etc). 40 minutes is pretty good in this day and time.

Also, to add to the usable phone list : Motorola Devour, HTC Droid Eris, HTC Droid Incredible. This list has about nearly 50 smartphones and "3g multimedia devices". I will add more as I find out what else works...

Again, I think (along with most Hofos) that Page Plus is the better deal, but for Joe and Jane Average in a non Page Plus dealer area and they NEED Verizon coverage, Verizon prepaid is the next best thing and the increased byod of postpaid Verizon smartphones really make it a better plan then it was before. They should up it to at least two gb or drop the price soon though... Their overage of 5 cents a meg isn't bad though for moderate overages.

Phone
    Lumia_Icon, iPhone_5S
    Carrier
    Feedback Score
    Quite possibly. I was hoping for something more basic like a lower per minute rate on paygo. Verizon does offer $10 activation credit on their new phones. You have to buy a new phone but everybody else hardly offers anything anymore (Att/most Att mvnos, zero credit, Tmobile, $3.33, Virgin Mobile: 20 minutes, Page Plus: 20 minutes, Tracfone: 20 minutes, etc). 40 minutes is pretty good in this day and time.

Also, to add to the usable phone list : Motorola Devour, HTC Droid Eris, HTC Droid Incredible. This list has about nearly 50 smartphones and "3g multimedia devices". I will add more as I find out what else works...

Again, I think (along with most Hofos) that Page Plus is the better deal, but for Joe and Jane Average in a non Page Plus dealer area and they NEED Verizon coverage, Verizon prepaid is the next best thing and the increased byod of postpaid Verizon smartphones really make it a better plan then it was before. They should up it to at least two gb or drop the price soon though... Their overage of 5 cents a meg isn't bad though for moderate overages.
    Yeah the $10 activation credit is a nice touch. I picked up a Gusto 2 during the Best Buy sale a few weeks ago and use it with the $1.99 Unlimited Talk minutes. Might want to forward the new usable device line-up for the new $80 Smartphone plan to martin_j001 to add/update the Verizon Prepaid FAQ.

Feedback Score

More complete list of smartphones/Multimedia 3g phones usable on $80 plan

LG Vortex, Ally, Enlighten, Vx8360, Vx 11000 (Env Touch), Env 3, Vx 9200, Vx 8575, Vx 8370

Motorola Devour, Droid X, Droid 2, Droid 2 Global , Droid 3, Droid X2 Gb , Droid R2D2, Droid Pro, Droid X2 GB
    W766

Nokia 7705

Palm/HP Pre Plus, Pixi Plus, Pre 2, Pre 3 (Web OS lives!)

Rim/Blackberry 8830, 9630, 9650, 9930,8330,8530, 9330, 9370, Storm, Storm 2, Torch.

Samsung Gem, Fascinate, Fascinate White, i400, Reality, CHU-940, CHU-750, CHU-810, CHU-960, Continuum.

Sony SD XP (Xperia Play SD),

HTC Droid Eris, Droid Incredible, Droid Merge.

Casio Commando.

This list is subject to change at any time and may not always be 100% accurate. If others find of other phones that can be added to or are no longer on the list, please post.

The biggest pluses I can think of this plan vs Page Plus is 1)It has full Blackberry support. 2)It can use Verizon prepaid smartphones that are banned from Page Plus.

Carriers
    PagePlus
    Feedback Score
    When they start selling in Alaska sometime in 2013 the network will be LTE only built from the ground up. What do you think - will they support prepaid here which means LTE phones or will they just not offer prepaid here?

http://newsminer.com/bookmark/196161...market-in-2013

Phone
    Lumia_Icon, iPhone_5S
    Carrier
    Feedback Score
    Wirelessly posted (Sprint: Opera/9.80 (Android; Opera Mini/7.5.32193/28.3030; U; en) Presto/2.8.119 Version/11.10)

Verizon has recently Updated their website and added a few more Smartphones including the BlackBerry 9310 and an HTC. This seems like a slight effort to sell any remaining 3G smartphone inventory before initiating the sale of 4G LTE Smartphones on VZW Prepaid service. Maybe Alaska will be the first market to get prepaid devices.
    Last edited by vmobi; 11-18-2012 at 11:38 PM.

Phones
    Iphone
    Many Phones-work
    Blackberry Bold
    Carriers
    T-mobile-unlimited
    Feedback Score

I think $69.99 would be a great price instead of $79.99. Or at least offer 2gigs instead of 1. The full blackberry support and VZW coverage is tempting
    No God No Peace
    Know God Know Peace

Carrier
    verizon
    Feedback Score

They should start to offer lte prepaid before too long(hopefully).
    Running too many phones

Phone
    Lumia_Icon, iPhone_5S
    Carrier
    Feedback Score
    Wirelessly posted (Sprint: Opera/9.80 (Android; Opera Mini/7.5.32193/28.3030; U; en) Presto/2.8.119 Version/11.10)

Quote Originally Posted by donpablo2000
    I think $69.99 would be a great price instead of $79.99. Or at least offer 2gigs instead of 1. The full blackberry support and VZW coverage is tempting
    They do if you sign up before the 31st of January 2013. (might be VZW's way of providing additional data at the current price point) before the introduction of LTE prepaid service and its price changes in a few months.
    Last edited by vmobi; 11-19-2012 at 08:40 AM.

Feedback Score
    Even with no LTE for the time being, the addition of the older iphone 4/4s help the lineup greatly vs the iphone less mvnos (officially) like Page Plus and maybe others. Verizon prepaid still isn't cheap but has come a long way in the last few years. I'm surprised Vmobi is pro Verizon prepaid considering that I believe you have a long standing relationship with Virgin Mobile products/services and Verizon prepaid doesn't even have a dealer program.

Phones
    N/A
    Pantech Jest
    Carriers
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    They have "double data" for 2 GB now. It's a promotion though.

Phone
    Lumia_Icon, iPhone_5S
    Carrier
    Feedback Score

Quote Originally Posted by fonezfonz
    Even with no LTE for the time being, the addition of the older iphone 4/4s help the lineup greatly vs the iphone less mvnos (officially) like Page Plus and maybe others. Verizon prepaid still isn't cheap but has come a long way in the last few years. I'm surprised Vmobi is pro Verizon prepaid considering that I believe you have a long standing relationship with Virgin Mobile products/services and Verizon prepaid doesn't even have a dealer program.
    Not a dealer, but I have numerous wireless dealer clients. I use all prepaid carriers along with Google Voice along with an 800 number direct to wireless. There are indy VZW authorized dealers that also sell VZW prepaid (if needed). I have always used VZW and ATT prepaid for coverage in areas without Sprint/VM service, however this year has presented a need for more coverage in areas where we have gained numerous new clients and as such I have opted for VZW prepaid over ATT (because of the iPhone 4S being available for prepaid use and a good friend selling a nearly new iP4S 64Gb for less than $400)

It's hard to beat this new "double data" offer for the $80 SP plan with the available extra Gb for $20.
    Now if they could just speed up the prepaid LTE launch life would just be a bit better...
    Last edited by vmobi; 11-20-2012 at 12:11 AM.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by vmobi View Post

Not a dealer, but I have numerous wireless dealer clients. I use all prepaid carriers along with Google Voice along with an 800 number direct to wireless. There are indy VZW authorized dealers that also sell VZW prepaid (if needed). I have always used VZW and ATT prepaid for coverage in areas without Sprint/VM service, however this year has presented a need for more coverage in areas where we have gained numerous new clients and as such I have opted for VZW prepaid over ATT (because of the iPhone 4S being available for prepaid use and a good friend selling a nearly new iP4S 64Gb for less than $400)

It's hard to beat this new "double data" offer for the $80 SP plan with the available extra Gb for $20.
    Now if they could just speed up the prepaid LTE launch life would just be a bit better...
    Well, Idk what happened to my post but anyhow, I was wondering why you weren't pushing the Att mvnos and Page Plus? Most Hofos do. Maybe it's the brand name thing or is it because it's just easier to get support for VZ prepaid and Gophone compared to PPC/Att mvnos? Or is the security that unlimited talk/text/mms is unlimited and that as a prepaid divison of the Big two , they are the closest thing to bombproof in this biz (e.g. Mingo's demise ).

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast