Thread: Which phones are on which carriers?

Carrier
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score

Which phones are on which carriers?

I was talking to my boss about Straight Talk today and how they provide services using the four major cell phone providers. However, I know it's not always clear which phones are on which carriers and I'm fairly surprised there isn't a sticky on this. I certainly wouldn't want to recommend to my boss a phone that uses Sprint's network (total lack of coverage in our area), but I have no idea which ones to stay away from because Straight Talk's website isn't clear.

So, does anybody have a list? I know the Proclaim is on Verizon, but what about everything else?

Phone
    Atrix/Skyrocket/R455C/Samsung Jack
    Carrier
    GoPhone LTE
    Feedback Score
    everything?

most phone have a "g" or a "c" at the end of model name. g/gsm c/cdma. the gsm dumbphones depend on area you live in eithe t mobile or att. the c refers to verizon.

proclaim, zip are verizon. balance of androids are sprint. on gsm side the merit.

i think you can find a gsm nokia smartphone in the gsm list also

Feedback Score
    he big difference is that for Verizon you are limited to the devices they list; but for GSM carriers you can bring your own device--buy a ST sim.

Carrier
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by jgrobe View Post
    he big difference is that for Verizon you are limited to the devices they list; but for GSM carriers you can bring your own device--buy a ST sim.
    I'm well aware of the SIM program - I use it. LOL.

I did get a very comprehensive list from Sara from ST. I'd be happy to post it here if any body would like to see it.
    Quote of the Year: "It sounds like you've been listening to the propaganda for those T-Mobile detractors that don't even use T-Mobile service and taking what they say as fact."

Phone
    Atrix/Skyrocket/R455C/Samsung Jack
    Carrier
    GoPhone LTE
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by mrbrown2195 View Post
    I did get a very comprehensive list from Sara from ST. I'd be happy to post it here if any body would like to see it.
    heck yea put the princess of darkness's reply where everyone can see and learn from it.

Carrier
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    1. Straight Talk phones that run on Verizon towers.

•LG100C
    •LG220C
    •LG200C
    •Samsung R451C
    •LG290C
    •Samsung R810C
    •Samsung R355C
    •Samsung R335C
    •LG231C
    •LG511C
    •Samsung R375C
    •Samsung R455C
    •LG505C
    •LG235C
    •Samsung Galaxy Proclaim (S720C)
    •Motorola W385 C
    •LG501C
    •LG221C
    •Samsung S950C

2. Straight Talk phones that run on AT&T or T-Mobile towers.

•Motorola V3a
    •Samsung T401G
    •LG420G
    •LG620G
    •Samsung T255G
    •Nokia6790G (AT&T only)
    •Nokia E71G (AT&T only)
    •Motorola W408G
    •LG 900G
    •SamsungT404G
    •Motorola W418G
    •LG 800G
    •Samsung T528G
    •Nokia E5G (AT&T only)
    •Samsung T245G
    •Samsung T340G
    •Samsung S425G
    •ZTE Merit Z990G (AT&T only)
    •LG 530G
    •Motorola EX431G
    •Motorola W419G
    •Samsung S390G
    •LG 325G
    •Motorola EX124G

3. Straight Talk phones that run on Sprint towers.

•LG L75C
    •Huawei Ascend II M865C
    •LG 85C
    •LG 55C
    •LG 45C
    •Samsung Galaxy Precedent (M828C)
    •LG L46C

If you have any questions, feel free to send us an email at ST.CorpResolutionTeam@straighttalk.com. Thank you.

Carriers
    PTel
    Feedback Score
    Nice list but everything I've read says that the LG L75C (Optimus Zip) is on Verizon not Sprint.

This was confirmed by Straight Talk rep "Francine ST" on the Straight Talk Facebook page who wrote "The Verizon powered Android phones we offer are Samsung Galaxy Proclaim and LG Optimus Zip."

Who is right Francine ST or Sara ST?

Anyone have an Optimus Zip who can positively confirm which network it's on.
    My site: PrepaidPhoneNews.com My other sites: wapreview.com, boostapps.com

Carrier
    AT&T GoPhone
    Feedback Score
    Heres all ST Verizon phones:
    http://www.shopstraighttalk.com/bpdi...Phonelist=true

Heres all ST AT&T phones:

Heres all ST T-Mobile phones:

Heres all ST Sprint phones:

The magic is the market= in the URL
    Note some of the phones are in both AT&T and in T-Mobile links above. Those phones could ship out with either network.

Carriers
    PTel
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by silentjudge View Post
    Heres all ST Verizon phones:

Heres all ST AT&T phones:

Heres all ST T-Mobile phones:

Heres all ST Sprint phones:

The magic is the market= in the URL
    Note some of the phones are in both AT&T and in T-Mobile links above. Those phones could ship out with either network.
    Thanks, silentjudge. The Optimus Zip is showing up on the Sprint phones link that you posted and not the Verizon one.

However, the_sweeper posted this photo of the Optimus Zip package taken in a Walmart store.

The photo clearly shows the red Verizon coverage map and the phrases "Nationwide coverage on America's largest, most reliable network" and "CDMA-V" both of which are only used on Straight Talk's Verizon based phones.

To me this means that either:
    1. The packaging for the Optimus Zip is wrong
    2. Straight Talk is mistakenly selling a Verizon phone only in Sprint markets
    3. There are two versions of the Zip. One is on Sprint and is sold by Straight Talk online. The other is on Verizon and is sold only by Walmart.

Sara ST DM'ed me stating that the Optimus Zip is on Sprint. I replied asking her about the_sweeper's photo. If she replies I'll post it here.

Carriers
    PTel
    Feedback Score
    I got the following DM today:
    Quote Originally Posted by SaraST
    Hi Yeswap,

We are sorry for the wrong information that was provided to you. I would like inform you that the LG Optimus Zip (L75C) is an android phone that runs on Verizon towers which is different from the LG 55C (Optimus Q) phone since it runs on Sprint towers. For further questions, email us at ST.CorpResolutionTeam@straighttalk.com. Thank you.

Sara
    Straight Talk Wireless
    Thanks Sara for confirming that the Zip is indeed a Verizon phone.
    Straight Talk hasn't fixed their website yet. It's is still showing the ZIP in market=SPR and not in market=CO.
    Last edited by Yeswap; 08-09-2012 at 12:10 AM. Reason: Spelling, & punctuation

Phone
    Nexus 5 (LG-D820), Galaxy Nexus GT-i9250
    Carriers
    AT&T GoPhone
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by jgrobe View Post
    The big difference is that for Verizon you are limited to the devices they list; but for GSM carriers you can bring your own device--buy a ST sim.
    Quote Originally Posted by mrbrown2195 View Post
    I'm well aware of the SIM program - I use it. LOL.

I did get a very comprehensive list from Sara from ST. I'd be happy to post it here if any body would like to see it

Then one nice thing about the BYOP sim plan is you get to choose which primary network you want to be on (AT&T or T-Mobile), AND you get to choose the quality of phone (not some of the bargain basement phones).

If you choose a pentaband phone -- like the GSM Galaxy Nexus, then it can run on BOTH AT&T and T-Mobile at HSPA+ speeds. If you choose the ST "AT&T" sim, when AT&T towers are not available it will then switch to T-Mobile HSPA+ towers.

THAT bit of information was the game changer for me. No more "waiting" for a carrier to come out with a decent phone (please, please, please) which everyone else got a year ago -- and when they release the phone, to find out they had crippled the specs (MetroPCS was infamous for this ).

I can choose the phone I want, it can run on fast speeds on TWO HPSA+ networks. I'm not limited to just one network.

I love the freedom. So, I don't have to listen to "rumors" of what new phones an MNVO may deign release to their subjects, like a sovereign throwing bread crusts to their starving peasants. I can go buy a Galaxy S III or an HTC One X RIGHT NOW and run it on Straight Talk. I chose the Galaxy Nexus because it has super specs and is a pentaband phone, has 4.1 Jelly Bean, and it only $349 + tax and shipping.
    Your creed may be interesting, but your deeds are much more convincing.

Phones
    LG Optimus Q
    LG Optimus Q
    Carrier
    Straight Talk
    Feedback Score
    My question is....what about the new iPhones? I'm considering buying 2, but not if they run on Sprint towers. I'm hoping for Verizon. Anyone know for sure? SaraST?

Phones
    Nokia E71
    Nokia E71
    Iphone 3g
    Carriers
    Straight Talk
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by wrckdbike View Post
    My question is....what about the new iPhones? I'm considering buying 2, but not if they run on Sprint towers. I'm hoping for Verizon. Anyone know for sure? SaraST?
    verizon network-they are strictly 3g.