Page 1 of 69 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 51 ... LastLast

Thread: Straight Talk has upped the ante on throttling users!

Feedback Score

Straight Talk has upped the ante on throttling users!

I have posted here numerously regarding ST's befuddled data policy and today I have terrible news.

I have been throttled every day since last week so each day I lose my 4g/E symbol and once I regain it Im throttled. Accordingly, I call ST and they remove the throttle and it works fine until the next day when the exact same thing will happen. I'd like to point out tha I've used 1.4gb and I have only 3 days left on my 30 plan.

I knew something was amiss here so obviously out of curiosity I called ST byop # in regards to whats been going and I was shocked to hear the truth. Unfortunately, ST is currently upgrading their data service and infrastructure so typically this will happen to me everyday until the implementation is done and the rep also said that they will have no tool to remove the throttle once the upgrade to their system is complete. So get ready ST users American Movil has just pushed all in on the data usage and soon throttles will no longer be able to be lifted by the ST reps!

Feedback Score
    OK then, what's the threshold so I don't cross the line. Anybody knows?

Carrier(s)
    AT&T GoPhone
    Feedback Score
    Interesting information although ST reps aren't known for their competency so I would take what they told you with a grain of salt.

Sent from my LG Nitro HD

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by silentjudge View Post
    Interesting information although ST reps aren't known for their competency so I would take what they told you with a grain of salt.

Sent from my LG Nitro HD
    And I do take what they tell me with a grain of salt, however, there's a reason why this is happening to me and the rep explained it in a manner that was indisputable.

It explained why the last 7 or so days I've had to call in about being throttled.

Device(s)
    Nokia E71
    Carrier(s)
    Straight Talk
    Feedback Score
    could you tell us exactly what was said,sounds kinda vage.

Feedback Score
    I must say this happened to me yesterday and today a couple times but only lasted a minute or so. And I was in the basement. Could just as well be my iPhone switching bands to get a better signal. It didn't happen longer than a minute. Even though at 1.1 for the month somehow, I've used like 400 in two days.

Device(s)
    Atrix/Skyrocket/R455C/Samsung Jack
    Carrier(s)
    GoPhone LTE
    Feedback Score
    he seems convinced.

i bet they are upgrading their control / business line software and for the short term it may not work right.

they dont have any other infrastructure.

if you can believe what they say...maybe this time something is not right...but the csr get stuff wrong so often.

Carrier(s)
    AT&T GoPhone
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Brad Mullins View Post
    And I do take what they tell me with a grain of salt, however, there's a reason why this is happening to me and the rep explained it in a manner that was indisputable.

It explained why the last 7 or so days I've had to call in about being throttled.
    I understand, however its not indisputable. They could simply be having glitches in their system.
    First of all, ST doesn't ever handle any of the data services provided to you. They are routed directly from AT&T, T-Mobile, etc to the public internet. All the accounting is done by the respective carrier and ST is simply billed for it. ST literally has no infrastructure to support the data usage needs of its customers, the providers ST has contracts with takes care of that.

Carrier(s)
    Straight Talk
    Feedback Score
    I noticed last night at midnight, my datA went out. No data indicator or nothing. As if I disabled data on my phone. I rebooted. Etc, nothing. Woke up at 6am, and data was back. Tonight, at midnight, exact same time as last night, data went out for 15 minutes. Came back. 10 minutes later went out for 5 minutes and came back on. Weird. Its not like data is just not working, my phone indicates no data connection at all. No 3/4G symbol or nothing. Just voice signal.

Sent from my SGH-I997 using HowardForums

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by benjamin.kelley View Post
    I noticed last night at midnight, my datA went out. No data indicator or nothing. As if I disabled data on my phone. I rebooted. Etc, nothing. Woke up at 6am, and data was back. Tonight, at midnight, exact same time as last night, data went out for 15 minutes. Came back. 10 minutes later went out for 5 minutes and came back on. Weird. Its not like data is just not working, my phone indicates no data connection at all. No 3/4G symbol or nothing. Just voice signal.

This has been happening for me as well.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I727 using HowardForums

Carrier(s)
    Straight Talk (AT&T)
    Feedback Score
    I had the same thing happen last night. Data went out for several hours, even tried the sim in a different phone, same results. Didn't notice it tonight, but I wasn't on the phone constantly.

I figured AT&T or ST are upgrading or changing something. Hope it's for the better, but I wouldn't bet on that.

Carrier(s)
    Straight Talk
    Feedback Score
    No problemo here! ... I really wish they could just come out and say "unlimited" with throttling after 2.5gb like virgin does ... wouldnt have to read a new thread every day about this bs .... and I would still be extremely happy with that at $45 a month ... me and my family have saved so much money so far

Carrier(s)
    Straight Talk
    Feedback Score
    I noticed today many apps ate having a difficult time with data. Not connecting tonservers, especially howardforums and tumblr, Facebook and other ones. I have to keep trying and it will finally go through.

Carrier(s)
    Straight Talk (AT&T)
    Feedback Score
    I'm having the same issues. Wonder if it's a local/regional thing or a national thing. Where are you located? I'm in Miami.

Edit: Also wonder if the real AT&T users are experiencing the same thing, or is it just ST.

Carrier(s)
    Google Fi
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by silentjudge View Post
    I understand, however its not indisputable. They could simply be having glitches in their system.
    First of all, ST doesn't ever handle any of the data services provided to you. They are routed directly from AT&T, T-Mobile, etc to the public internet. All the accounting is done by the respective carrier and ST is simply billed for it. ST literally has no infrastructure to support the data usage needs of its customers, the providers ST has contracts with takes care of that.
    You're supposed to use the Tracfone web proxy, so ST could throttle you via that. Or at least sniff your traffic for unapproved usage (tethering/Youtube/Netflix/streaming radio/etc.)
    Pixel 2 on Google Fi

Page 1 of 69 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 51 ... LastLast