Thread: backup assistant help on page plus

Feedback Score

backup assistant help on page plus

I had a LG vx5500 phone, internet and all worked on it with page plus. It also had 'backup assistant' on it and i had all my contacts backed up on it. ok, that phone died so i dug up a samsung sch-A930 and changed the esn from my old phone to the samsung. The samsung does not have backup assistant on it. says i have to go to the 'get it now' app on the phone and download the backup assistant, well, it wont let me do it, says its unable to retrieve catalog. I need to get my contacts onto my new phone..help!!

Phone
    Droid Incredible 2
    Carriers
    Page Plus
    Lycamobile
    Feedback Score
    The backup assistant is for Verizon customers, not Verizon MVNO customers. Perhaps you set it up on the VX5500 while you were a Verizon customer, and then you later switched to Page Plus?

I think you're out of luck, but maybe you can revive the VX5500 with a new battery. Then if you still wanted to, you could use Bluetooth (or maybe microSD or USB) to copy the data to your older phone or your computer.

Smartphones have a variety of ways to backup and sync, but with featurephones there aren't a lot of options.
    Last edited by Slinkwyde; 08-11-2012 at 01:13 AM. Reason: Typo

Phone
    HTC Droid Incredible 2
    Carriers
    PagePlus Cellular
    Feedback Score
    mopower440, Slinkwyde is correct. When you left Vzw, the Backup Assistant data that was stored on the Vzw servers was no longer available to you, because Backup Assistant is a Vzw service, available only to Vzw subscribers.

Get It Now is also a Vzw only service that is only available to Vzw subscribers.
    PagePlus---13 Years & Counting . . . . . Lycamobile---1 Year & Counting
    *Ericsson AF738, Jul 2001-Dec 2003, *Qualcomm QCP 2760, Dec 2003-Feb 2008, *LG VX-8600, Feb 2008-Apr 2010, *Samsung Omnia SCH-i910, Apr 2010-Nov 2011, *HTC Droid Incredible (CM7.2 ROM), Nov 2011-Jun 2013, *HTC Droid Incredible 2 (CM7.2 ROM), Jun 2013-Present

Feedback Score
    Ive never been a verizon customer, ive never had anything but page plus! That old phone had backup manager on it and it worked because the phone got ruined so i got another one just like it with backup assistant also and it transferred my contacts to my new phone.

Phone
    HTC Droid Incredible 2
    Carriers
    PagePlus Cellular
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by mopower440 View Post
    Ive never been a verizon customer, ive never had anything but page plus! That old phone had backup manager on it and it worked because the phone got ruined so i got another one just like it with backup assistant also and it transferred my contacts to my new phone.
    That is very unusual. Perhaps somebody else will have an explanation, but I've never heard of that happening.