Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Repost From Android: How to Find Airtime Balance/ Service End Date ZTE Merit on Net10

Phones
    LG900GHL
    LG90GHL
    Carrier
    Net10 on ATT Sim card
    Feedback Score

Repost From Android: How to Find Airtime Balance/ Service End Date ZTE Merit on Net10

Does anyone know where / how to find the end service date / airtime balance on a Net10 ZTE Merit z990G (Android version 2.3.5) ? I am trying to help my son figure his new phone out. It seems pretty cool, but I have never had an Android phone. We have both read the manual (inadequate) that came with the phone, the pdf manual for the same phone from Straight Talk, and looked all over the Internet, Googled, Binged, played with everything on the phone, and still cannot figure out how/ where to find it.

We called Net 10, but the lady we got for a tech just barely had a grasp of English, and seemed to have no clue what an Android phone is. She said the airtime display will be right on the front of the phone, but it obviously is not...
    A Fool's Money Never Lasts

Feedback Score
    These phones do not have minute bank software. It would be almost impossible to prevent tampering. So, you are required to use a monthly unlimited plan. This enables the home office to have the meter. It is unlimited, but there is monitoring for "abuse", as Net10 has only a certain contract with the carrier.

Avoid the regular CS, they are a joke. Use 800-876-5753, or if it's really a problem, use 305-715-6500 (headquarters).

Phones
    LG900GHL
    LG90GHL
    Carrier
    Net10 on ATT Sim card
    Feedback Score
    But it should show the expiration date somewhere, shouldn't it? In mean, in case you forget when you added the last 30- day card (only option for adding airtime card is directly through the website or toll-free number, already found that; cannot add airtime on phone like I do on MY LG900G, non-Android).

I just figured there has to be some place on the phone where you can check to see if you need to add another card soon. After all, this is a boy's phone, and I know sooner or later we are both going to forget what the date is. It says you can add one anytime, and it just adds it to the queue, will automatically pull it out when it's needed, but I got burned on that one time. I noticed the last couple cards I added to my LG, I have to go to "add airtime" and enter a code to activate the new card from the queue.

Feedback Score
    No idea. Someone else will have to chime in.

Carrier
    Air Voice
    Feedback Score
    I use the Avail (Merit) on AirVoice so I don't know if this will work on Net10. I just touch *777# and send it and my balance and expiration date are displayed on the screen. No airtime is used for this.

Phone
    S390G LG500G T404G T301G V170
    Carrier
    TracFone (AT&T SIM)
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by OnerousOne View Post
    But it should show the expiration date somewhere, shouldn't it? In mean, in case you forget when you added the last 30- day card
    Is it listed on you Net10 account page?
    That's where I'd expect to find it.

I just figured there has to be some place on the phone where you can check to see if you need to add another card soon. After all, this is a boy's phone, and I know sooner or later we are both going to forget what the date is.
    Setup the account for Auto Refill

Phones
    LG900GHL
    LG90GHL
    Carrier
    Net10 on ATT Sim card
    Feedback Score
    No such thing as a "Personal Net10 Account page, and sure not on the phone. The phone only states it is running on ATT (which Net10 advertises).

I finally found a post in the forums under ZTE Merit (after wading through 25 minutes of signing up for the stupid forum) from a Net10 "helper tech " that stated "call [ *611 ] and listen to the message for options as to your account status". We tried that and got "this call cannot be completed as dialed".

Contacted ZTE (the mfgr) and they asked for a bunch of "build info, model info, date of build,,,," which I have NO idea how to find out, because it sure isn't in the phone or packaging or guide anywhere we could find."

I cannot believe that there is no fricking way to even find out when you gotta pay them some more money!!!! That is one stupid- rear business model to me!

Someone mentioned alternative service phone numbers for Net10, but I can't find them again. If anyone has those, I'd appreciate it.

(I've about had it with the whole TracFone Companies Group : Net10, Tracfone AND Straight Talk. Sorry service and luck to get someone who even speaks English well enough to understand you or you them. Their phones work great--until they don't, then you just gotta figure it out on your own- or good sites like this one from folks who already have. )

Thanks, guys. Sorry for the intensity, hope it didn't come off rude. Not my intent, and I know you guys are trying, as I would.

Carrier
    NET10/TracFone
    Feedback Score
    No such thing as a "Personal Net10 Account page, and sure not on the phone. The phone only states it is running on ATT (which Net10 advertises).
    You can register the phone at www.Net10.com under "My Account/Register" and it may tell you the service end date. Also, look under MENU > SETTINGS > ABOUT PHONE and see if the phone status will tell you the service end date. Finally, instead of dialing *611, try dialing just 611. If you have to call CS and ask, just make a calendar entry on the phone as to when it expires, and then make a new entry every time you add a card.

Phone
    Carrier
    TracFone (AT&T SIM)
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by millept View Post
    You can register the phone at www.Net10.com under "My Account/Register" and it may tell you the service end date.
    That's what I was thinking about.

I know from TF and the "value plans" I could look up the last payment info that way.

Feedback Score
    Phone numbers:
    Best CS: 305-715-6500
    Next Best CS: 800-876-5753

Phones
    LG900GHL
    LG90GHL
    Carrier
    Net10 on ATT Sim card
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by millept View Post
    You can register the phone at www.Net10.com under "My Account/Register" and it may tell you the service end date. Also, look under MENU > SETTINGS > ABOUT PHONE and see if the phone status will tell you the service end date. Finally, instead of dialing *611, try dialing just 611. If you have to call CS and ask, just make a calendar entry on the phone as to when it expires, and then make a new entry every time you add a card.
    Okay, thanks. I use the technique of putting a reminder on my phone's calendar for mine. Its just that this phone is a kid's, and I know sooner or later he is gonna forget. I guess losing his number once and having to reactivate the phone might be alearning moment?
    I'll try what you said. I just don't remember being able to register a phone, but everything about that phone has to be done online anyway, can't even buy or add airtime via the phone, like my LG

Thanks

Feedback Score
    Probably, the phone lacks airtime functionality because it would be too easy to hack it. I don't know what would happen if the phone said your airtime expired on x and the headquarters said y. I'll bet you wouldn't be believed. So the customer has a phone that's a fraud magnet so there is no app onboard. Hence, everything is controlled by headquarters. The boy has to manage homework, and he can manage this, too, if he wants a working phone.

Carriers
    ATT Gophone
    Net 10
    Feedback Score
    On top of Net10 website there is a link: My Account/Register where you can register your phone.

http://www.net10.com/

It will ask you for name, address, email address, serial number and phone number.

After your phone shows up it should show your plan expiration date. You should refill at least one day before.
    You can also add cards in reserve.
    https://www.net10.com/direct/Redempt...=NET10&lang=en

Or you can sign up for auto refill and it's $45/month for the unlimited plan that way instead of $50. You save a bit and won't forget to refill.

https://www.net10.com/direct/ValuePlans

Phones
    LG900GHL
    LG90GHL
    Carrier
    Net10 on ATT Sim card
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by mommusic View Post
    On top of Net10 website there is a link: My Account/Register where you can register your phone.

http://www.net10.com/

It will ask you for name, address, email address, serial number and phone number.

After your phone shows up it should show your plan expiration date. You should refill at least one day before.
    You can also add cards in reserve.
    https://www.net10.com/direct/Redempt...=NET10&lang=en

Or you can sign up for auto refill and it's $45/month for the unlimited plan that way instead of $50. You save a bit and won't forget to refill.

https://www.net10.com/direct/ValuePlans
    The registration of the phone did the trick.It then gave him the expiration date. I also told him to to put a reminder on his phone calendar.
    He did.
    Net 10 says they do not allow auto refill on that phone, and the only way you can add a $50 30-day unlimited card (only option) is to do it online on your account or call in to the toll free # and add it.Or you can purchase it online, but ti's still $50. Straight Talk has the $45 option on same phone, but Staright Talk does not sell that phone (or any Android phone here). 25 miles away, yes, but not here.
    He will grow up and get a handle on it, just something new. He's alrwady figured out most of the features on it.

Thanks to all for all. Think got handle on it now, is a pretty cool phone, looks to be same phone as ATT's Avail.

Phone
    Carrier
    TracFone (AT&T SIM)
    Feedback Score
    Net 10 says they do not allow auto refill on that phone

Was that online when you tried to enroll or over the phone with the idiots in the CS department?
    I wouldn't believe 1/4 of what they tell you on the phone.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast