Still annoyed at the lack of US texting in Wind's plans (including US texting would probably flip me from the $29 plan to the $40 one if they used that differentiate the two), but I think that I'll probably still be porting over at the end of the month. Just want to do a bit of signal testing before making a final decision.
One of the areas where Mobi has frequently gotten the nod is as having more stable calls in low-signal conditions. Being a basement dweller, I was hoping to test that out before making a final decision - as the signal fluctuates a fair bit on Mobi but calls do seem stable where I live. Will wind drop calls under such conditions?
Just wondering if there are any Wind dealers in Calgary with loaner phones or SIMs available to use for a day or so. Failing that, can I delay porting my currently-on-Mobilicity number over when I sign up? Would this mean that I'd later require a new SIM once I decide to port?
(The rationale as to why Wind will seemingly refund phones with SIM cards but not just SIM cards eludes me - getting a cheap phone on Windtab might make more sense, even though I only need the SIM just to have that return policy as an option if I understand it right).
Wind and Mobilicity have the same network type and so they should operate the same under the same conditions. The question is if Wind covers the area better or worse than Mobilicity. If you want to check coverage you can look at coverage mapper or go in tab a phone and try out a few calls to see if it works. As long as you stay under 30 mins of talk time on the phone you can refund it if your not happy.
I bought the cheapest phone and put 10.00 prepaid. They told me that as long as I kept it under 30 min and 15 days i would get a refund. I haven't returned it yet. So it cost me 10.00 to try it which was more than worth it considering the port out port in port out hassles