Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Latest PRL for Sprint Phones / Fix constant roaming problem Current Ver: 52775

Phones
    Palm Centro
    Samsung Smooth
    Carriers
    Sprint
    Feedback Score
    I found this old prl came from some dealer is special. It's noticeably smaller then current one, but my sprint phone can connect to 1x network very quickly with this prl. The network speed is same, but the connection buildup is quick, it only took about 15 seconds. With the newest prl, my phone will try to connect 3G but finally drop to 1x, the network speed is same, but the connection buildup can took 1-2 minutes.

51765.zip

So I've been using this old prl for a long time. I guess they removed some 3G related stuff in this prl, which actually make connection buildup much quicker, since my phone don't have 3G anyway.

Can you have a look at this prl and do similar stuff to newest PRL? Of course if you can get true 3G then this is meaningless to you.

Carrier
    Page Plus
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by dracodoc View Post
    I found this old prl came from some dealer is special. It's noticeably smaller then current one, but my sprint phone can connect to 1x network very quickly with this prl. The network speed is same, but the connection buildup is quick, it only took about 15 seconds. With the newest prl, my phone will try to connect 3G but finally drop to 1x, the network speed is same, but the connection buildup can took 1-2 minutes.

51765.zip

So I've been using this old prl for a long time. I guess they removed some 3G related stuff in this prl, which actually make connection buildup much quicker, since my phone don't have 3G anyway.

Can you have a look at this prl and do similar stuff to newest PRL? Of course if you can get true 3G then this is meaningless to you.
    Looking it's the same of my PRL. Just the modded roaming indicator.

Did you try my PRL to see what happens with speed?

Phones
    Palm Centro
    Samsung Smooth
    Carriers
    Sprint
    Feedback Score
    I tried 3 different versions of your prl. With your newer prl, the download speed is same, but the problem is the time it take to get a stable connection. My phone will try to get 3G connection and have the "3G" indicator, but went back to 1x later.

Another thing is the 51765 is significantly smaller than the newer prl, that's why I was thinking something more were removed.

Carrier
    Page Plus
    Feedback Score
    I tried 3 different versions of your prl. With your newer prl, the download speed is same, but the problem is the time it take to get a stable connection. My phone will try to get 3G connection and have the "3G" indicator, but went back to 1x later.

Another thing is the 51765 is significantly smaller than the newer prl, that's why I was thinking something more were removed.
    3G Will only work if you have copied the HA and AAA keys from a donor phone otherwise, I would HIGHLY suggest that you force your phone into CDMA Only mode like I do to ensure a stable connection. You can set this in your CDMA software as CDMA Only or IS-2000 only. You should notice that your signal strength is better if you do this.

The older PRL is probably smaller because it has less roaming entries.

Phones
    Palm Centro
    Samsung Smooth
    Carriers
    Sprint
    Feedback Score
    That's a good suggestion! I'm using DFS demo, can you tell me where should I modify this setting? There are tons of settings in DFS looks related...

I changed the NAM tab, Preffered settings, Pref mode from "CDMA_HDR" to "CDMA_IS2000". It still spent some time to connect 3G on the first time enabling data, though the second time the connection was built up faster. I didn't see obvious signal strength change, it was actually lower...

I checked the settings with DFS again, it seemed the change I wrote didn't stay, the setting is still cdma_HDR.
    Last edited by dracodoc; 11-16-2012 at 10:24 AM.

Carrier
    Page Plus
    Feedback Score
    That's a good suggestion! I'm using DFS demo, can you tell me where should I modify this setting? There are tons of settings in DFS looks related...

I changed the NAM tab, Preffered settings, Pref mode from "CDMA_HDR" to "CDMA_IS2000". It still spent some time to connect 3G on the first time enabling data, though the second time the connection was built up faster. I didn't see obvious signal strength change, it was actually lower...

I checked the settings with DFS again, it seemed the change I wrote didn't stay, the setting is still cdma_HDR.
    Did you unlock your phone first before you made the change?

Also go into Settings > About phone > Status to see what mode it's running in. It should say CDMA 1xrTT 6 or 7

The upper 3G logo is actually wrong. I have a NS4G running in CDMA only mode and it still displays 3G even tho it's running at 1xrtt

Phones
    Palm Centro
    Samsung Smooth
    Carriers
    Sprint
    Feedback Score
    Yes, I unlocked first. From the status, if last time the phone connected with the old smaller prl, the network will show 1x, otherwise it show EVDO. I knew that 3G logo is wrong, but that often means more time spent on connection built up.

Feedback Score
    Thanks so much Pclover... Worked great on my Sprint HTC EVO 3D PG86100. took all of 2 minutes with CDMA workshop. NOw no more roaming warning.

Thank you again

Andr01d6250

Feedback Score
    Hello, does PRL comes into picture when using CDMA? I am using GSM mode and cannot use my sprint HTC one on roaming. Right now on 4.3 stock. Earlier I had it rooted and unlocked in different roms and I had the same issue.
    I have another htc one from sprint with PRL 51765. this works fine on data as well.

Carrier
    Page Plus
    Feedback Score
    **Do at your own Risk editing Build.prop can cause issues if done incorrectly **

Must be rooted but I see you are.....

1)Go to market install BuildProp Editor
    2)Once installed find and open Build Prop Editor
    3)Hit the menu button and select Edit
    4)Scroll to the bottom of screen and add the following lines

Code:

ril.sales_code=LOL
    ro.csc.sales_code=LOL

5)Hit the save button at the top right hand corner of the screen(looks like a disk)
    6)Once this is done saving restart the phone
    7)After restarting go to Settings>More Settings>Mobile Networks>Access Point Names>Menu Button>+ New APN
    8)Add desired carriers APN info, when finished hit menu button and save
    9)Power down
    0)Power back on and go to Settings>More Settings>Mobile Networks> Access Point Names (if done properly you should see the APN data you entered for your respective carrier).
    11)Select the respective APN listing and then you should have working data
    12)Congrats

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2