Thread: How do I unlock Pantech Breeze II P2000 to work with Straight Talk?

Feedback Score

How do I unlock Pantech Breeze II P2000 to work with Straight Talk?

Hi there folks,

I'm having some real head-scratcher problems trying to convert an AT&T Pantech Breeze II P2000 that I bought used off of eBay to use as a Straight Talk phone. I'm going to detail what I've gone through to try to get things working just so any enterprising helpful folks who may read this can eliminate some options.

I thought (hoped) it would be as easy as swapping the AT&T SIM with the ST SIM. Nope. The phone simply gets hung up on a screen saying SIM Checking. At that point, I thought, "Oh, I guess I need to unlock my phone." I called around and spoke with some local phone resellers and they agreed.

I found an unlock code online from gsmphonesource based on my IMEI, put the AT&T SIM back in, and tried to enter *#865625# which, according to some instructions, would then prompt me for the unlock code. Nope; it didn't do anything even when I pressed Send after typing it.

The unlock code provider said that I would need to try putting a non-Straight Talk (T-Mobile, etc) SIM in the phone so that it would then prompt me for the unlock code. I found an old Nextel SIM and when I restarted, there was the screen to enter a PIN Code and offering 3 chances. I put in the unlock code and was instantly down to two chances.

E-mailed the lock code provider who said the phone was asking for a password to unlock the phone. I looked up the Pantech Breeze II manual which said the default lock password was 1234. Typed that in, and I was down to one chance. I did more research, and found that the Breeze allows setting up a PIN Code (to apparently lock the SIM?). The screen I see asks for a PIN Code. I reeeealy want to put in 1111 because at at&t's wireless dot att dot com business support tutorials website it basically says to enter 1111. I really doubt the old owner of the phone did anything to change the default.

I'm new to the forum and unfortunately can't post a photo of the PIN Code screen. It is a screen with a SIM icon with a little lock next to it, then underneath saying "PIN Code" with a box to type the code. Underneath that box it says "Trials: 1"

So, I don't want to waste my last chance.
    1) My understanding is that the PIN code is to lock a SIM, but I see the PIN Code screen only when I put in a different SIM; does that mean that it's a PIN Code for the Nextel SIM and won't necessarily be 1111? (I pictured that the phone would only know the AT&T PIN when the AT&T SIM is in the phone.)
    2) Should I chance it and enter the 1111 PIN?
    3) If that works, should I expect to see a window asking specifically for an unlock code?
    4) If I do see that window and it does unlock the phone, should I expect that I could then put in my Straight Talk SIM and then have a working phone, or would it still say "SIM Checking........"

Any help at all would be appreciated. Just trying to save some money with a cheap cell plan for some calls and infrequent texts and I don't want to have to back to Verizon.

Cheers, and thanks!

Name:  IMG_1362.JPG
Views: 1450
Size:  153.0 KB

Feedback Score
    what sim are you trying to use??? the sim from the three nokia smartphones and the byod sim are the only
    sims that will work with almost any AT&T phone. your AT&T phone does not need to be unlocked. the rest
    of the gsm phones that straight talk sells,the sim is locked to the phone and won't work in any other phone.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by october262 View Post
    what sim are you trying to use??? the sim from the three nokia smartphones and the byod sim are the only
    sims that will work with almost any AT&T phone. your AT&T phone does not need to be unlocked. the rest
    of the gsm phones that straight talk sells,the sim is locked to the phone and won't work in any other phone.
    Thanks for your post. I'm using the All You Need Straight Talk SIM in a standard Straight Talk flip phone currently. So no one has been able to make this work then? Pretty disappointing; I should have done more research. I was hoping to not have to upgrade to the Straight Talk AT&T SIM because I'd have to upgrade to the 45/month plan.

Phones
    AT&T Apple iPhone 5S
    AT&T Apple iPhone 5S
    Carrier
    AT&T Mobility
    Feedback Score
    As stated above, the SIM card in the basic phones sold by Straight Talk will not work in any other phone. You have to use the Straight Talk phone with the included SIM card.
    Earl F. Parrish

Feedback Score
    Thanks everyone!