Thread: Having an issue with Link2sd.

Phones
    Samsung Galaxy S2 Epic 4G Touch
    Samsung Galaxy S2
    Feedback Score

Having an issue with Link2sd.

Alright, I had to get a new Triumph because the other one died a horrific death of my own doing. So I installed custom recovery and installed the Sharp rom. Then I tried setting up Link2sd and started having some problems. It wouldn't see the partition on my sd card. So I figured I'd just start from scratch. I backed everything up from my sd card and reformatted it using the phone. Then I went into the recovery and did the new partition from there. When I started up Link2sd it seen my partition and started linking my apps just fine. After it goes through all my apps it gives me an error. It says "mkdir failed for /data/sdext2/dalvik-cache, I/O error". I googled that error and read something about it's not mounting that file. So I thought, well I can test that by using Es File Explorer and mount the file system to see if I can edit it or anything. When I went into the file /data/sdext2/ there was no folder or file called dalvik-cache. So I mounted it and it wont let me edit anything in the /data/sdext2/ folder or the folder itself.

Any thoughts on whats going on here?

EDIT: It worked fine with the same sd card on my old Triumph. I had the same setup with the Sharp rom and everything.

Phones
    Samsung Galaxy S2 Epic 4G Touch
    Samsung Galaxy S2
    Feedback Score
    Fixed it somehow. I downloaded Rom Manager and from that selected "Fix Permissions". It rebooted and then when I started Link2sd it asked me for the file format and I selected "Ext 2". Then it rebooted and it works fine now.