Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11

Thread: Straight Talk Frequently Asked Questions ("FAQ") Page (Updated 3/20/2014)

Device(s)
    Nokia E71
    Carrier(s)
    Straight Talk
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by DaveSc View Post
    Thanks. I'll have to cut my micro sim down to fit.
    Or get a sim kit and port to the correct size sim.

Feedback Score
    Hi guys I have a question.. I was using BYOP on my att note 2, but I am getting my new Xperia Z ultra today and I was just wondering, all I need to do its to put my sim card in my new phone and that's it right?

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by MissGatita View Post
    Hi guys I have a question.. I was using BYOP on my att note 2, but I am getting my new Xperia Z ultra today and I was just wondering, all I need to do its to put my sim card in my new phone and that's it right?
    yes, however you may have to edit the apn settings for data, internet/ mms. you also need to make
    sure that the Xperia Z ultra takes the same size sim as the note 2.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by october262 View Post
    yes, however you may have to edit the apn settings for data, internet/ mms. you also need to make
    sure that the Xperia Z ultra takes the same size sim as the note 2.
    Yes they both take micro SIM card. Once my phone arrives I will be setting everything up for internet and mms.

Thank u for answering.

Feedback Score
    I intend to purchase an unlocked Samsung Galaxy S4 Mini GSM i9195 phone from Amazon to replace the ST SII I purchased from Walmart.com just 14 months ago. The SII and its ancient operating system is just not keeping up with how video is being transmitted these days. When the phone is received, I will transfer the SIM from the old phone to the new one, hoping that the SIM is not of the locked type. I have read FAQ #4 that precedes this thread and the most recent posts and am having a problem understanding what is envolved in what is stated "to edit apn settings". Is there a webite, Youtube video, page on the ST website, or instructions that someone can reply with which will help me in this procedure? Thanks

Device(s)
    Samsung Galaxy S
    Carrier(s)
    TracFone
    Feedback Score

Straight Talk Frequently Asked Questions ("FAQ") Page (Updated 3/20/2014)

I do not use ST, I use TF, but have a ST question. Can a Verizon Samsung Galaxy S III be used on ST? I want to purchase one for my daughter-in-law, but want to make sure she can transfer her phone to the S III. Thank you for your help.

via the HoFo App

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by clctrax View Post
    I do not use ST, I use TF, but have a ST question. Can a Verizon Samsung Galaxy S III be used on ST? I want to purchase one for my daughter-in-law, but want to make sure she can transfer her phone to the S III. Thank you for your help.

via the HoFo App
    yes, the phone will work just fine.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by clctrax View Post

via the HoFo App
    Classic example of "it depends". Is the phone you want to purchase an unlocked Samsung Galaxy SIII that you want to activate on ST? That should work per ST's BYOP offer. If the phone is a locked Verizon phone presently or formerly used on the Verizon network, the answer is no. You could call ST customer service which, believe it or not, I found helpful when I activated with ST, an unlocked GSM S4 Mini purchased on Amazon.

Device(s)
    Iphone 4
    Carrier(s)
    ST
    Feedback Score

Trouble with MMS and DATA

I ported my line from tmobile to straight talk about 14 hours ago. I still do not have data or mms. I have tried all the different pan combos. Still no luck. is this typical?
    Last edited by AnonymousP; 08-04-2015 at 09:00 AM. Reason: correction

Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11