Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Is This Possible With Verizon Wireless? Cheap Chinese CDMA phone?

Feedback Score

Is This Possible With Verizon Wireless? Cheap Chinese CDMA phone?

I am currently using a ridiculous flip phone that is many a year old. I lost my newer phone. I dont want to get one of the non data plan phones that VZW currently offers because, frankly, they suck. I do a lot of texting but absolutely no data.

The question is this:

are there any cheap chinese knock off type wifi android phones that i can get working with my NO DATA verizon plan? I just want something that i can text with and possibly use wifi with that does not require a data plan and is compatible with the CDMA network.

Any experiences or advice is greatly appreciated. thank you.

Carrier
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    verizon only lets verizon branded phones on their network. You should buy a used older no data phone that you like and go with that then.

Phones
    Droid Razr Maxx HD, Blackberry Z10
    Blackberry Z10
    Droid Razr Maxx HD
    Carriers
    T-mobile
    Feedback Score
    Those cheap Chinese no name phones are garbage. They look great in the pictures on Ebay and it's sort of exotic to get a package from Hong Kong, but there's zero durability or warranty even if you could get Verizon to activate it.

Sent from my ADR6400L using HowardForums

Phones
    Motorola V860 barrage
    Casio Ravine. retired
    iphone 5 verizon
    Carrier
    Verizon Wireless
    Feedback Score
    yea. they are dirt cheap. you can buy motorola v860x ( seller refurbished ) for $37. Free s/h.. check out ebay. alot of used and refurbished phones for cheap.

Carrier
    All of them.
    Feedback Score
    I have some mint condition non-smartphones here if you really need one. Moto W755, LG Choclate, Samsung Alias... PM me if interested. Will work on VZW and work well. No need for a junk Chinese phone.
    Home ISP, RR-Ultimate WiFi, $90/mo | Verizon 4G, $30/mo Unlimited

School, $5,000/semester | Work

Carrier
    Verizon Wireless
    Feedback Score
    If the phone doesn't have a Verizon logo on it (barring the iPhone), 99.9% likely, it won't activate with them. I've yet to hear anytime otherwise and would like to as well!

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by nerdydesi View Post
    If the phone doesn't have a Verizon logo on it (barring the iPhone), 99.9% likely, it won't activate with them. I've yet to hear anytime otherwise and would like to as well!
    I can tell you otherwise. It's 100% that Verizon won't activate a phone with a Verizon logo on it (besides the iphone)- not 99.9%

Phones
    Samsung U430 (fully functioinal bluetooth)
    Moto Droid as an accessory
    LG VX8350 (retired)
    Carrier
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Extraordinary View Post
    I have some mint condition non-smartphones here if you really need one. Moto W755, LG Choclate, Samsung Alias... PM me if interested. Will work on VZW and work well. No need for a junk Chinese phone.
    Good suggestion; you should contact extraordinary.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using HowardForums

Phones
    iPhone 5 (Verizon)
    Galaxy SIII (Ting)
    Misc T-Mobile Prepaid phones
    Carriers
    Verizon Wireless
    T-Mobile PP
    Feedback Score
    I miss the good old days when any AMPS phone could be activated on any network.... <sigh>
    - acadiel

Carrier
    Verizon Wireless
    Feedback Score
    There aren't any Android phones that can be activated on Verizon without data. Any phone that can potentially be activated on Verizon w/o data is pre Nov 2008 and Verizon didn't have Android devices back then. As far as a Chinese knock off, you're out of luck. Same reason why you can't activate a Sprint CDMA device on Verizon.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by nerdydesi View Post
    I had a sprint htc touch diamond on vzw a few.years ago. I changed the prl to vzw and changed the msl code to 000000 and did the *228 and it programmed the phone. Ofcourse a few weeks later vzw closed that loop hole....

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

Phones
    MOT Droid Mini,
    Home Phone Connect,
    MOT Droid 3,
    Carriers
    Verizon Wireless, Page Plus
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by KingMikeSays View Post
    I can tell you otherwise. It's 100% that Verizon won't activate a phone with a Verizon logo on it (besides the iphone)- not 99.9%
    Verizon will not always activate a phone even if it has a Verizon logo on it.

I tried to re-activate an older, and unpopular, Sony-Ericson phone. Verizon was claiming it was not E911 compatible. I offered to fax them a copy of the page out of its manual that states it does indeed support E911. Verizon didn't care. It wasn't on their list (which I think was more because very few of them were ever sold).

Phones
    MOT Droid Mini,
    Home Phone Connect,
    MOT Droid 3,
    Carriers
    Verizon Wireless, Page Plus
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by lourendo View Post
    are there any cheap chinese knock off type wifi android phones ... and is compatible with the CDMA network.
    I would be worried about the "compatible" stuff. Does such a phone support the USA frequencies? Does it support USA requirements like E911 and Emergency Alert? Does it have a proper ESN?

Carrier
    verizon
    Feedback Score
    Verizon could easily use the phone compatibility issue to force all users off unlimited one day if they really wanted to be nasty. I'm surprised they haven't come out with the policy of all lte phones needing to be on the shared plans.
    Running too many phones

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by lourendo View Post
    I am currently using a ridiculous flip phone that is many a year old. I lost my newer phone. I dont want to get one of the non data plan phones that VZW currently offers because, frankly, they suck. I do a lot of texting but absolutely no data.

The question is this:

are there any cheap chinese knock off type wifi android phones that i can get working with my NO DATA verizon plan? I just want something that i can text with and possibly use wifi with that does not require a data plan and is compatible with the CDMA network.

Any experiences or advice is greatly appreciated. thank you.
    No, Verizon only activates Verizon phones on their network. The VZW iPhone 4S is even locked to work only on VZW and on no other US domestic network, even if unlocked (other than maybe activating it on Page Plus prepaid).

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast