Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Samsung Entro (PayLo) - anyone have it?

Carrier(s)
    Virgin Mobile USA
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by toronado455 View Post
    CNET's review of the Entro is now posted:
    http://reviews.cnet.com/cell-phones/...-35409767.html

Note that in the video, she refers to the screen size as 1.7" which is clearly incorrect. The specs on the CNET review page states 2.6" which seems about right.
    I think it is 1.7 inches. Just look at the screen. It is indeed really small.

Device(s)
    ZTE Citrine (GSM), Samsung Galaxy Luna (CDMA), LG Rebel (CDMA), LG L238C (CDMA)
    Carrier(s)
    Tracfone
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Bugatti Veyron View Post
    I think it is 1.7 inches. Just look at the screen. It is indeed really small.
    I ordered one and it should arrive next week. So I'll post after I get it and let you know how big the screen is.

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    Tracfone
    Feedback Score
    I got the Entro but it wouldn't charge, so I returned it. The keypad was cheap and would sometimes register a double keypress when pressed a single time. The charger had a really thin wire. The audio quality seemed good. The voice recognition software was very good.

The UI is not great. Scrolling through contacts on the screen was a poor experience because it would jump to a two-line view with (generic) photo icon on selected items and no way to just get a simple single line list to scroll through. The photo icon took up horizontal space and caused horizontal auto-scrolling of the name on anything longer than just a simple short first name. And vertically, you couldn't see what was next in the list.

I'm considering getting a Montage instead. Even if the UI is basically the same, just having more space on the screen would improve things.

Device(s)
    iPhone, iPad
    Carrier(s)
    Virgin_Mobile, AT&T_ Prepaid
    Feedback Score
    I got the Entro but it wouldn't charge, so I returned it. The keypad was cheap and would sometimes register a double keypress when pressed a single time. The charger had a really thin wire. The audio quality seemed good. The voice recognition software was very good.

The UI is not great. Scrolling through contacts on the screen was a poor experience because it would jump to a two-line view with (generic) photo icon on selected items and no way to just get a simple single line list to scroll through. The photo icon took up horizontal space and caused horizontal auto-scrolling of the name on anything longer than just a simple short first name. And vertically, you couldn't see what was next in the list.

I'm considering getting a Montage instead. Even if the UI is basically the same, just having more space on the screen would improve things.
    You should consider the Boost Mobile Array as well. Same device, same network, different service options.
    The Entro seems to be aimed at those users wanting a simple phone for Voice service and not much else similar to the LG 101.
    PREPAID means I have all the power.
    They want me, but they can't have me...

Virgin Mobile: $35 / $1 | AT&T PREPAID: .25/Min

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    Tracfone
    Feedback Score
    Just saw an ad banner for the Entro listing a 1.3MP camera as one of the features. Either they added a camera or else someone's got some 'splainin to do.

Carrier(s)
    All of them.
    Feedback Score
    Saw the phone at Target today. No camera that I can see. Phonescoop also does not list a camera.

Even if it was $5 I would not buy. Bluetooth is a must have for me, especially if you are going to go for unlimited minutes. Do people still hold the phone to their head all day? Seems like a hassle, and quick route to brain cancer.
    Home ISP, RR-Ultimate WiFi, $90/mo | Verizon 4G LTE, $30/mo Unlimited

School, $5,000/semester | Work

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    Tracfone
    Feedback Score
    The one I had didn't have a camera. I think someone just goofed on the ad banner. But unless they fix it, they are going to have some complaints about false advertising.

Carrier(s)
    Cricket
    Feedback Score
    I got the Entro today because my Evo's screen backlight stopped working, then the screen stopped working completely. The Evo is backordered so they don't have any in stock to send me, so I bought it for $15 at kmart. I actually really like the keypad and the T9 is spot on, which is really all I need from the phone. The internet even works decently, twitter works fine. It's the perfect backup phone really.
    Current Phone: Cricket - Samsung Galaxy S4
    Virgin Mobile - Apple iPhone 4S, HTC EVO V 4G, LG Optimus Slider, LG Rumor Touch
    Tracfone- Moto W376G (Washing machine killed it)

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    Tracfone
    Feedback Score

Entro Banner Ads

Anyone else seeing these banner ads for the Entro claiming it has a camera? Seriously. I can't believe this stuff. Nobody has called them this?
    Attached Images Attached Images    

Device(s)
    iPhone, iPad
    Carrier(s)
    Virgin_Mobile, AT&T_ Prepaid
    Feedback Score
    Anyone else seeing these banner ads for the Entro claiming it has a camera? Seriously. I can't believe this stuff. Nobody has called them this?
    It is just not acceptable for them to be publishing inaccurate information on any adverts.
    It looks like they need more product reps and maybe a manager or two, at SPG.

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    Tracfone
    Feedback Score
    I wonder what happens when you hover the "LEGAL" link. Does it say "Disclaimer: Some advertised features may not exist" LOL

Feedback Score
    I have the same phone but I can not connected to a computer and do not have usb drivers , anyone have usb drivers for this phone Please?

Feedback Score
    It's a good phone, strong build quality but no camera tho.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2