Thread: g'zone ravine 2 help!!!!

Feedback Score

g'zone ravine 2 help!!!!

I've only had the phone for 2 days. I got the phone wet and it turns out the rubber seal on the battery cover wasnt seated correctly. long story short it shorted out. I've had the phone sitting in a bowl of rice for the last 24 hours. I went to power it up and the LED light stays on and the screen says fatal errror line 318 and USB dump with an icon of the phone connecting to a computer. Is there any hope for this phone or is it done for?

Feedback Score
    wow over 100 views and no one has any suggestions???
    here is a pic of what its doing if that helps. well never mind it wont let me post a pic.

Device(s)
    Motorola V860 barrage
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon Wireless
    Feedback Score
    return it to the store and exchange for another one. if you buy it from ebay, there is nothing you can do.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by moto94536 View Post
    return it to the store and exchange for another one. if you buy it from ebay, there is nothing you can do.
    not the good news I was hoping for. It is indeed an ebay phone. going to take it someplace to see if they can flash it. If not I can likely sell it for parts for what I paid for it.

Device(s)
    LG Clout vx8370;
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    For your next phone I have a suggestion which might sound goofy if your next phone is another rugged phone. There are re-sealable bags on amazon of various sizes, and I bought a set of these 3"x5" bags to protect one of our phones from stuff like dust and water. But that also fits just right our Ravine 2. Why suggest putting a waterproof phone in something like that ? I have a concern about the kind of scenario you encountered where down the road I might compromise the waterproof-ness of the Ravine2 by not closing correctly the battery door or the little doors on the charging jack or memory card. I also wonder if the o-rings have a limited lifespan; if they wear out, are there any similar-sized o-rings on the market ? And I've read that the battery door for the standard battery on the Motorola Barrage can be difficult sometimes, too, to put on (I've read the battery door for the Barrage extended battery is easier to put on).

"3" X 5" 4 Mil Strong Clear Reclosable Resealable Poly Zipper Bags"
    http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00...ls_o00_s01_i00
    (1) "Tutorial: Making Album Art Work (Most LG phones)" (link)
    (2) "MP3's ! They are RINGTONES / A Quick howto using Audacity" (link)

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Matt_ View Post
    For your next phone I have a suggestion which might sound goofy if your next phone is another rugged phone. There are re-sealable bags on amazon of various sizes, and I bought a set of these 3"x5" bags to protect one of our phones from stuff like dust and water. But that also fits just right our Ravine 2. Why suggest putting a waterproof phone in something like that ? I have a concern about the kind of scenario you encountered where down the road I might compromise the waterproof-ness of the Ravine2 by not closing correctly the battery door or the little doors on the charging jack or memory card. I also wonder if the o-rings have a limited lifespan; if they wear out, are there any similar-sized o-rings on the market ? And I've read that the battery door for the standard battery on the Motorola Barrage can be difficult sometimes, too, to put on (I've read the battery door for the Barrage extended battery is easier to put on).
    I see where you are coming from and to me that defeats the point. I picked up the ravine 2 because

1) I got a hell of a deal on it
    2) I wanted a phone that didnt require a data plan
    3) I wanted a phone I didnt have to worry about getting wet or dropping.

the boulder was my first choice( its the phone I am using now) but I went with the ravine 2 since its more up to date and has better call quality. The boulder is by far and away superior in design with only two ports that need to be plugged and both dont rely on a rubber band to complete the seal. Perhaps this was a fluke but if it will consistently not perform as advertised(and I am hearing more negatives about the ravine 2 than positives)I will not be considering a replacement.

I am going tonight to have it looked at. The man who does cell phone repairs gives it a 50/50 and does free estimates. So we will see what happens.

Device(s)
    Motorola V860 barrage
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon Wireless
    Feedback Score
    sell it back on ebay. then buy another one.

Feedback Score
    CLAYSMITH894:
    i am having this exact same "error, usb dump" problem. my phone is less than a year old & has never gotton wet, though i did buy it used over the internet (stupid move)... did you ever get it resolved???
    Quote Originally Posted by claysmith894 View Post
    I've only had the phone for 2 days. I got the phone wet and it turns out the rubber seal on the battery cover wasnt seated correctly. long story short it shorted out. I've had the phone sitting in a bowl of rice for the last 24 hours. I went to power it up and the LED light stays on and the screen says fatal errror line 318 and USB dump with an icon of the phone connecting to a computer. Is there any hope for this phone or is it done for?

Feedback Score
    I know this thread is old, but I had received this same error with my Casio Ravine 2 also. It happened about six months ago and I lost all of my 300+ contacts. Mine gave me the error after I let it go completely dead. When I hooked it back up to my charger is when it gave me the error. It would never even try to charge. It would only start up and go straight to the error. Not wanting to just toss it or try to sell it since it had all of my contacts stored on it I left it in my briefcase. I got it out yesterday and decided to plug it into the charger again hoping it had magically fixed itself. It booted up to the error message again . I unplugged it and plugged it in several times with the same result. I tried holding different buttons as it booted and just madly pressing multiple buttons in frustration... nothing. I decided to plug it into my PC to see if I could access the data. Instead of booting up it just had the "charging" message with the progress bar. I hadn't seen that in a while so I decided to let it charge. It charged overnight and when I got up it said "charge complete". I unplugged it and hit the power button and IT TURNED ON!!! I'm not sure what combination of things I did to make it work again but it seems to have something to do with the ability to charge. If you can monkey around with it until you can get it to start charging instead of turning on you may be able to revive it. I hope this helps someone since I haven't seen any real answers to this problem... Verizon was no help and every search result I found was a dead end. I love this phone. It has excellent battery life and great reception. Good luck to anyone having this problem and I hope this info helps.

Feedback Score
    My grandkid put water in the drink holder of the car and I stuck my Gzone in it. It worked for a few hours then died. I didn't have any rice, so I removed the battery and SIM card and vaccuumed it out for a few minutes. It worked for several hours, then died. I tried several times to repeat the vaccuum deal, but it didn't work. I had to buy a precision screwdriver--Tri Wing size Y0 to remove the four screws holding the back. After that, the SIM card comes out and the back can be gently pried off. The charging port has two little prongs that are attached to the back. Since my phone had been giving me charging problems, I carefully bent those prongs so that they would make better contact with the charging port. I then took an old toothbrush, dipped it in rubbing alcohol and lightly brushed the innards and the back. Then I left it overnight to dry. During this time, my daughter told me that the phone would never recover, so she cut the sim card down to fit her older HTC. We never got that to work but I found out that the phone should at least power up without the SIM card. Attempting to at least recover my contacts, I reassembled the G'Zone. To my surprise it worked. Not only that, it had a call and text signal without the SIM card in it. I've used it all day, so far. I think the error code on the 'usb dump' message was 0, but I'm not totally sure. The phone didn't immerse totally in water, just about 1/2 an inch. I don't know if the water caused the problem or if the charging port decided to just commit suicide. Good Luck with yours.