Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Samsung Montage

Device(s)
    ZTE Citrine (GSM), Samsung Galaxy Luna (CDMA), LG Rebel (CDMA), LG L238C (CDMA)
    Carrier(s)
    Tracfone
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Cpt_Midnight View Post
    Hello, I found this discussion thread when Googling for reviews on this phone. You should be able to get your Mac to recognize the phone as a generic USB storage device, if you have a MicroSD card installed in it. Just click the main menu button (the one with the blue ring around it), go to Tools + Settings, select Tools, click on Mass Storage, connect your phone to your Mac with the USB cable, and select "Connect to My PC."

64-bit Windows does not appear to recognize the phone no matter what (I've Googled this extensively with no luck), but it will at least recognize the MicroSD card. 32-bit Windows apparently does not have this problem.

Other than that, I think it's been a pretty good phone for $40. This is the first phone I've used that had a built-in app to check my webmail, so that's nice. My PayLo service allows me to log in and see the headers for free.
    I was able to connect to a PC running Windows XP 32-bit and transfer files to and from the phone. However, I haven't been able to do this with a Mac. I tried selecting "Connect to PC" on the phone but it didn't make the phone show up on the Mac. I'm wondering if there is a setting on the Mac which needs to be set before it will work. I've tried it on two different Macs and two different USB cables and it didn't work on either.

Regarding the webmail, I wasn't able to get it to reliably work for any type of eMail. It was hit and miss, and mostly miss.

Feedback Score
    Can someone explain exactly how this phone is supposed to play videos? I have a Micro SD with SD adapter AND the USB cable for PC connection. I've tried MP4's of various lengths and sizes as well as 3GP. None of these files even show up in the play list, much less actually playing. Am I doing something wrong?

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Gunther424 View Post
    Can someone explain exactly how this phone is supposed to play videos? I have a Micro SD with SD adapter AND the USB cable for PC connection. I've tried MP4's of various lengths and sizes as well as 3GP. None of these files even show up in the play list, much less actually playing. Am I doing something wrong?
    As long you placed the video in the right location and be the proper format (3GP), they should play.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2