Phones
    RAZR HD
    RAZR HD
    RAZR
    Carriers
    Verizon
    Feedback Score

Cool Droid BIONIC ICS manual activation,talk, text, mms, 3g all working

Ok so i got my hands on a bionic after my razr screen broke and i can't afford to buy a $250 screen.
    I already posted a tutorial for the razr which the procedure is exactly the same but ill do it with the bionic too.
    Basic knoledge of phone programing is required if you don't know anything at all about programming, i will try to help you and don't forget that google is your best friend ever.

So whats needed:
    Motorola Droid Bionic phone
    a Blank LTE 4g sin card (i bought mine at ebay fron this seller hxxp://myworld.ebay.com/eunbiyoo0616/ )
    RSD Lite 5.7 http://howardforums.com/cSFCw
    Bionic 32bit drivers http://www.mediafire.com/?71c12qc4a1svqza
    Bionic 64bit drivers http://www.mediafire.com/?8rb7bpvp2b9vy2f
    fastboot FXZ files for .905 rom http://howardforums.com/YuUdQ
    ICS Leak 6.7.235 http://howardforums.com/678pJ
    SD card on phone
    Free version of CDMA workshop or free DFS
    Knowledge of your MIN MDN numbers

PLEASE PLEASE MAKE SURE PHONE IS 100% CHARGE AND DATA IS BACKED UP BEFORE PROCEEDING, ALL DATA ON PHONE WILL BE ERASED, SD SHOULD NOT BE ERASED BUT BACK IT UP JUST IN CASE.
    I AM NOT RESPONSIBLE IF YOU BRICK YOUR PHONE, I DID THIS TO MY OWN PHONE KNOWING THAT RISK, IT WORKED FOR ME, SHOULD WORK FOR YOU IF YOU DO IT STEP BY STEP.

OK so assuming that you have RSD and drivers already installed we will start by restoring your phone, again all data on phone will be wiped out. Insert blank LTE 4G sim card on phone, is not needed to be taking it out so you can install back battery cover.

1- turn phone off and turn on in AP FASTBOOT mode
    Name:  01.jpg
Views: 9596
Size:  100.6 KB
    2- Open up RSD lite and look for you extracted "VRZ_XT875_5.9.905.XT875.Verizon.en.US_CFC.xml " folder and press START.
    Name:  bionic03.jpg
Views: 9410
Size:  77.2 KB
    Will take from 10-15 minutes
    3- Once phone reboots and load setup wizard, bypass activation, no need to setup wireless or account at this point.
    4- copy 235-Blur_Version.5.9.905.XT875.Verizon.en.US.zip to your SD card
    5- Turn phone off and turn back on in recovery mode.
    6- Once there apply update from SD and choose 235-Blur_Version.5.9.905.XT875.Verizon.en.US.zip
    Name:  02.jpg
Views: 9255
Size:  106.0 KB
    7- Let it do is thing until phone restarts itself and completes ICS upgrade process will take a few minutes.
    8- Once phone is updated you may be asked to do activation again, bypass it again, if backwards C touching doesn't work pull notification bar down and turn airplane mode ON and try again.
    9- Turn phone off and turn back ON in BPTools mode
    10- Using CDMA-workshop or DFS change CDMA settings on phone to NV-Only write settings and reboot phone

Name:  bionic04.jpg
Views: 9426
Size:  193.1 KB

Name:  bionic05.jpg
Views: 9289
Size:  158.3 KB
    10a- Turn phone ON normal then turn off and back on BPtools mode and change EVDO REV. as pictured below, then reboot turn off phone

Name:  bionic06.jpg
Views: 9188
Size:  158.3 KB
    OR
    Name:  bionic07.jpg
Views: 9129
Size:  200.3 KB

11- Turn phone back on and dial ##7764726 (##PROGRAM) enter SPC code 000000
    Name:  11a.jpg
Views: 8990
Size:  21.4 KB Name:  11b.jpg
Views: 8977
Size:  18.2 KB

12- go to 01 user activation
    Name:  12.jpg
Views: 8991
Size:  22.1 KB
    13- enter/edit you min mdn numbers and press done. (if it gives you an error repeat step or try to setup those numbers in DFS/CDMAWorkshop)
    Name:  13.jpg
Views: 8980
Size:  14.1 KB
    14- go to 06 TEST MODE, next, next, change NETWORK MODE to CDMA ONLY
    Name:  14.jpg
Views: 8952
Size:  18.0 KB
    15- back, back phone will reboot it self.
    16- Once phone comes back will say wait until phone is activated, press Emergency Call and dial *22800 will close it self and go back to lock screen
    Name:  16.jpg
Views: 8957
Size:  8.5 KB Name:  16a.jpg
Views: 8938
Size:  25.4 KB
    17- go to dialer and dial *22800 again, may give you a SIM card error or may go straight to activation, keep trying until you reach activation screen.
    Name:  17.jpg
Views: 8926
Size:  16.8 KB
    18- Follow on call instructions to activate phone
    Name:  18a.jpg
Views: 8911
Size:  21.3 KBName:  18.jpg
Views: 8902
Size:  24.4 KBName:  18b.jpg
Views: 8879
Size:  12.7 KB
    19- verify that you information and PRL has being store in your phone by going to SYSTEM SETINGS, ABOUT PHONE, STATUS.
    Name:  19.jpg
Views: 8904
Size:  22.7 KB
    20- if everything looks good go to dilaler and dial *#*#4636#*#* (*#*#info#*#*)
    Name:  20.jpg
Views: 8837
Size:  20.0 KB
    21- go to phone information
    Name:  21.jpg
Views: 8863
Size:  12.3 KB
    22- turn radio off
    Name:  22.jpg
Views: 8872
Size:  30.1 KB
    23- change network to CDMA AUTO PRL
    24- turn radio back on
    Name:  24.jpg
Views: 8857
Size:  32.0 KB
    25- after a few seconds you should see EVDO on network and 3G icon will pop up. back out and back out.
    Your phone is all setup
    26- if you don't see 3G coming on and eHRDP is showing on network status, leave phone in CDMA ONLY (1x) for 24hrs then switch back to cdma auto prl (3G) nor call pagepluss customer center to have them reset your ESN, leaving 1x for 12-24 worked for me best.

If your phone gets restarted or turned off. you phone will say needs to be activated again, however you will have talk and text enabled. to regain mms and 3g repeat steps 16-24. In my case once i loaded all my apps and stuff my phone doesn't get restarted unless runs out of battery so at least for me is not an issue having to reactivate. Once you achive EVDO/3G network connection status don't have to worry about reseting esn or leaving 1x for 24hrs again, it will automatically connect back to 3g.
    notes: *22800 activation will only work if phone is set to CDMA ONLY if other it will never activate. I never took LTE 4g sim card out of the phone.

Name:  finalb.png
Views: 8981
Size:  317.8 KB Name:  finala.png
Views: 8861
Size:  78.9 KB Name:  finalc.jpg
Views: 8851
Size:  73.6 KB
    Last edited by snoop1979; 08-21-2012 at 06:07 PM.

Feedback Score
    So where in here do you call pagepluscellular to activate the IMEI? And how do you get them to allow it since it starts with 99 which means it is a 4g device?

Phones
    RAZR HD
    RAZR HD
    RAZR
    Carriers
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    After step 8, make sure you write down you MDN and MIN
    drop the last digit of you IMEI
    Quote Originally Posted by wpc View Post
    So where in here do you call pagepluscellular to activate the IMEI? And how do you get them to allow it since it starts with 99 which means it is a 4g device?

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by snoop1979 View Post
    After step 8, make sure you write down you MDN and MIN
    drop the last digit of you IMEI
    Strange, last time I tried this as soon as I read the 99 the CSR would say they cannot activate that IMEI because it's a 4G phone. Did you do this some other method other than call the PP support #?

Phone
    Droid Razr Maxx, GS2
    Carriers
    page plus, at&t
    Feedback Score
    Call back and try again. Some reps will activate it and some will tell you its a 4G phone. If you still have trouble then just go to a PP dealer and they won't give you any grief about activating the phone. If you don't have any in your area check out eBay.

Phones
    RAZR HD
    RAZR HD
    RAZR
    Carriers
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Never had that problem when calling PPCS if you still can't activate it PM me ill do it for you.
    Strange, last time I tried this as soon as I read the 99 the CSR would say they cannot activate that IMEI because it's a 4G phone. Did you do this some other method other than call the PP support #?

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by snoop1979 View Post
    Never had that problem when calling PPCS if you still can't activate it PM me ill do it for you.
    thanks, I was finally able to get someone at PP to activate it. This time they just warned me that they don't support 4g phones and the rest is up to me if I want to go ahead and activate. Works great now. My 3g isn't working but I must have done something wrong so I'll follow all the steps again.

Phones
    RAZR HD
    RAZR HD
    RAZR
    Carriers
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    thanks, I was finally able to get someone at PP to activate it. This time they just warned me that they don't support 4g phones and the rest is up to me if I want to go ahead and activate. Works great now. My 3g isn't working but I must have done something wrong so I'll follow all the steps again.
    If your having issues try to Get stable 1X to work, after that the rest is play with the settings and activation.

BTW it's happen to me now that the very few times my phone has being restarted it does the activation process by itself all i have to do is wait

Feedback Score
    I have problem with step #13. I put my MIN and MDN but the DONE button is gray out. Please help. Thanks.

Phones
    Motorola Droid Bionic
    Motorola Droid Bionic
    Carrier
    PagePlus
    Feedback Score
    Same problem as the done button is grayed out

Sent from my MOTWX435KT using HowardForums

Phones
    RAZR HD
    RAZR HD
    RAZR
    Carriers
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Go back to step 10 if phone is not set to NV-only wont let you change mdn min on ##program.
    So re write nv-only, reboot the phone and try again.

Phones
    RAZR HD
    RAZR HD
    RAZR
    Carriers
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Also make sure you type 10 digit number's and your SID

Phones
    Motorola Droid Bionic
    Motorola Droid Bionic
    Carrier
    PagePlus
    Feedback Score
    Got the phone finally activated under ics but after every reboot it wants to activate again. The phone does not seem to retain the min mdn and prl after reboot. Annoying

Phones
    RAZR HD
    RAZR HD
    RAZR
    Carriers
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Great news!
    It does retain MDN MIN but it wont show it in SYSTEM SETTINGS/ABOUT PHONE/STATUS if you make a call it will go thru but mms wont work, 3g may work.
    that's why is required to reactivate by dialing *22800 on reboot, eventually the phone will activate it self on reboot as long is set to CDMA ONLY once activated you can switch back to CDMA AUTO PRL on *#*#info#*#*
    After activation it will show proper information on SETTINGS/ABOUT PHONE/STATUS

Quote Originally Posted by BuonaDomenica View Post
    Got the phone finally activated under ics but after every reboot it wants to activate again. The phone does not seem to retain the min mdn and prl after reboot. Annoying

Phones
    RAZR HD
    RAZR HD
    RAZR
    Carriers
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    i know some people see having to activate on reboot as an issue but honestly how often does the phone gets turned off or restarted? mine only a few times but because i let it run out of battery.

Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast