Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast

Thread: Droid BIONIC ICS manual activation,talk, text, mms, 3g all working

Feedback Score
    BTW i am running stock ICS from motorola, so there is really no need for me to flash the ICS on it,this is a replacement phone they sent me. also i am using DFS demo.

Phones
    RAZR HD
    RAZR HD
    RAZR
    Carriers
    Verizon
    Feedback Score

Phones
    Moto EM330
    LG VX5500
    Carriers
    AT&T GoPhone
    Feedback Score
    Hey snoop - just wanted to say thanks for the guide. Got a Droid 4 for my wife that had stock ICS on it, and after a bit of trial and error and CDMA Workshop saying that none of the settings would save (Demo limitation on the new versions) I managed to get everything I needed to stick between CDMA Workshop, DFS and a LOT of manual programming.

Only have 2 points to share though:

#1 - *#*#4636#*#* and *22800 don't work on stock ICS Droid 4 at all. You have to manually program everything. Annoying, but not impossible. I highly suggest using DFS, even though it says the Demo version won't work, it works fine.

#2 - Yes, data works fine, like you kept harping - once you put in a BLANK VERIZON SIM CARD! I haven't had any problems with data not coming back after phone restarts though. I didn't have to do anything actually once I had everything manually programmed. I just put in a verizon sim and data just showed up. Both 1x and 3g working fine.

Also, as an added bonus, you can use ANY sim card to bypass the activation screen. I used an old no longer activated AT&T sim. It was kind of funny actually.

Feedback Score

Re: Droid BIONIC ICS manual activation,talk, text, mms, 3g all working

I will give it a shot again later on, good clarification.

Sent from my DROID4 using HowardForums

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by snoop1979 View Post
    Sorry to hear that, in that case change MIN MDN on cdma-workshop or DFS then proceed with the rest.
    Hi Snoop,

Thanks for starting this thread, which has helped me making a lot of progress
    I am also stuck with nv only mode not being set.
    How do I go about changing MIN/MDN on DFS?
    Thanks again.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Khegobier View Post
    #1 - *#*#4636#*#* and *22800 don't work on stock ICS Droid 4 at all. You have to manually program everything. Annoying, but not impossible. I highly suggest using DFS, even though it says the Demo version won't work, it works fine.
    Can you post some instructions? Or pointers to existing online instructions?

Also, as an added bonus, you can use ANY sim card to bypass the activation screen. I used an old no longer activated AT&T sim. It was kind of funny actually.
    Yah, I am using a T Mobile sim.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by gbs97 View Post
    The problem is the ruim NV Only setting gets lost with a reboot.
    There is a nice solution posted by droidan in a xdadeveloper thread (google for "Motorola Razr M Flash To PagePlus" and the first search result should be the xdadeveloper thread, sorry I cannot post a link here) :
    Change the value of Preferred CDMA subscription from 0 to 1 in /data/data/com.android.provider.settings/databases/Settings.db (in the secure table) and the value will stick.

Feedback Score
    Here -
    http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1967189

The problem is the ruim NV Only setting gets lost with a reboot.
    There is a nice solution posted by droidan in a xdadeveloper thread (google for "Motorola Razr M Flash To PagePlus" and the first search result should be the xdadeveloper thread, sorry I cannot post a link here) :
    Change the value of Preferred CDMA subscription from 0 to 1 in /data/data/com.android.provider.settings/databases/Settings.db (in the secure table) and the value will stick.

Feedback Score
    Sorry to bring this back from the dead but I purchased a used bionic from ebay running OTA ICS and no matter what I do NV ONLY will not stick. It says it completes on the DFS log but when I go to change my mdn and min the done button is grayed out. I figured it was stock rom issue so I actually installed Eclipse's latest rom but it will still not allow me to edit mdn or min. Does anyone have any idea how I can get the Bionic flashed to Page plus now because the directions in the OP no longer work.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by thejushinator View Post
    Sorry to bring this back from the dead but I purchased a used bionic from ebay running OTA ICS and no matter what I do NV ONLY will not stick. It says it completes on the DFS log but when I go to change my mdn and min the done button is grayed out. I figured it was stock rom issue so I actually installed Eclipse's latest rom but it will still not allow me to edit mdn or min. Does anyone have any idea how I can get the Bionic flashed to Page plus now because the directions in the OP no longer work.
    Did you read the two posts above yours?

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by discerning View Post
    Did you read the two posts above yours?
    **EDIT**
    Finally got the changes to take effect, thanks.

But now I am having a different issue. I am on the final step trying to activate. After I press *22800 it goes to a black screen that says, "Please wait, this may take a few minutes."
    It stays on that screen for about three minutes and then it goes to a screen that says, "A SIM car is needed to operate this phone. Please turn off your phone and insert a SIM card."

I did read the initial post and it does say this may happen a few times but I have done this probably 20 times with the same result. This is a brand new unused sim so I am not sure what the issue is. I also did triple check all the steps and even did the entire process over again and I get the same result.

Is this an issue where I may have just purchased a "bad" sim card and should try purchasing another, or is that not the issue?
    Last edited by thejushinator; 01-20-2013 at 01:32 PM.

Phones
    Galaxy S4 Mini
    Galaxy S4 Mini
    Carriers
    Page Plus
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by kkt12 View Post
    Has anyone determined whether these steps will work with OTA .246?

ICS activation steps similar to the ones in this thread were recently posted at xda, with the caveat that they only work with .247.

Does anyone know of steps that will work with .246 (as I understand that the ICS OTA and the leaked .246 are identical)?
    I know this might be a stupid question... if I'm already on .246, do I skip steps 1-8 ?

I've got to get a new sig...

Feedback Score
    Got my new sim in the mail yesterday and running 3g on page plus with no issues. 3g works even with power off and back on. If anyone has any questions about anything and needs help just send me a pm and I will be more than happy to try and help.

Feedback Score
    Would this work for a Verizon S3 to Page Plus? I am pretty sure you don't need a sim for it.

Phones
    Galaxy S4 Mini
    Galaxy S4 Mini
    Carriers
    Page Plus
    Feedback Score
    Hi Snoop,

Thanks for starting this thread, which has helped me making a lot of progress
    How do I go about changing MIN/MDN on DFS?
    Thanks again.
    I second this question. I can't get the DONE button to work on the User Activation screen on the phone. I need to do it manually with DFS, but need some assistance !!

Thanks !

Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast