Thread: Think Straight Talk sent me the Wrong SIM Card

Carriers
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    1 (100%)

Think Straight Talk sent me the Wrong SIM Card

Just received the refurb Nokia e5. Looks like a great phone but very poorly packaged with zero padding and no battery. I think Straight Talk sent me the wrong SIM Card. As I recall the unlocked SIMs from the e71 & 6790 had a 'P' some where. I don't know if that is still true for the newer e5 but my SIM is

TF64SIMC4 V2

Do I have the correct unlocked SIM? I have tried it in another ATT phone but it did not work.

Thank you.

Phones
    Nokia E71
    Nokia E71
    Iphone 3g
    Carriers
    Straight Talk
    Feedback Score
    have you contacted them aboit this?

Carriers
    Gophone
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by TMOCustomer View Post
    Just received the refurb Nokia e5. Looks like a great phone but very poorly packaged with zero padding and no battery. I think Straight Talk sent me the wrong SIM Card. As I recall the unlocked SIMs from the e71 & 6790 had a 'P' some where. I don't know if that is still true for the newer e5 but my SIM is

TF64SIMC4 V2

Do I have the correct unlocked SIM? I have tried it in another ATT phone but it did not work.

Thank you.
    they did that in the past for the nokias, just call the CS and complain that you don't think you have the right Sim, if the sim is working in the nokia, then this a moot point, but if you want to swap, then why not get the byod sim.

Feedback Score
    They don't guarantee the SIMs will work in any other phone, but the one they sent you. So, unless you can convince then the SIM won't work in *THAT* phone, you're stuck.

Carriers
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    No my SIM card does not work. SaraST sent a PM that erroneously said straight talk never provided an unlocked SIM with Nokia phones and that I needed to buy a BYOP SIM if I wanted To use it in another phone plus she ignored my missing battery.

I have not even activated my phone yet and Straight Talk has already demonstrated the customer archive they are famous for.

Phones
    Nokia E71
    Nokia E71
    Iphone 3g
    Carriers
    Straight Talk
    Feedback Score
    too bad you didnt buy it from walmart.i got my e71 from them back in the day.i know walmart has the e5 because i have seen them there when i pick up my card.

Carrier
    Straight Talk
    Feedback Score
    I haven't seen any of the Nokia phones in-store in many months. They got replaced with the androids which is why they are selling them as refurbish now. You're store may have a supply have is still unsold but ST isn't sending them out new to stores anymore. Their old business.
    Sent from my Venue Pro via the HowardForums WP7 App

Phones
    Nokia E71
    Nokia E71
    Iphone 3g
    Carriers
    Straight Talk
    Feedback Score
    ok didnt know if all were stil carrying them.

Carrier
    Ting, Republic Wireless
    Feedback Score
    Call in to do the activation. At some point, they'll tell you that you need a new SIM card and will mail you a new one. This used to happen ALL THE TIME with the refurb phones.

Quote Originally Posted by TMOCustomer View Post
    No my SIM card does not work. SaraST sent a PM that erroneously said straight talk never provided an unlocked SIM with Nokia phones and that I needed to buy a BYOP SIM if I wanted To use it in another phone plus she ignored my missing battery.

I have not even activated my phone yet and Straight Talk has already demonstrated the customer archive they are famous for.
    Questions?? Read the FAQs: The Prepaid FAQ . The Straight Talk FAQ
    Disagree with someone? Be Nice!
    Report posts that violate the rules by clicking the dark triangle at the bottom, left of the post.