Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: What is the cheapest Unlimited talk and text plan? (no data)

Feedback Score

What is the cheapest Unlimited talk and text plan? (no data)

Guys, sorry if this has already been discussed, but I'm in search of the rock bottom cheapest unlimited talk and text plan (no data is needed). It can be GSM or CDMA, I don't care really. I just want a basic phone that I can use heavily for voice and texting. I know that Page Plus has a $39.95 plan and Straight Talk has a $45 plan with data. Seems a lot of Mvno's are increasing the price while adding data, but I dont want to pay for data.

I'm open to smaller less-known mvno's too. I haven't had time to research all of them and hoping the HoFo community can fill me in. Thanks in advance.

Feedback Score
    Try AirVoice Wireless. They are an ATT MVNO and you can buy their SIM cards for less than a buck on eBay including shipping. They have a $35/month uT&T plan. Discount refill pins can be had for $32.54

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by CafeEuropa View Post
    Guys, sorry if this has already been discussed, but I'm in search of the rock bottom cheapest unlimited talk and text plan (no data is needed). It can be GSM or CDMA, I don't care really. I just want a basic phone that I can use heavily for voice and texting. I know that Page Plus has a $39.95 plan and Straight Talk has a $45 plan with data. Seems a lot of Mvno's are increasing the price while adding data, but I dont want to pay for data.

I'm open to smaller less-known mvno's too. I haven't had time to research all of them and hoping the HoFo community can fill me in. Thanks in advance.
    Tie between Air Voice and Jolt Mobile at $35 each. Both Att mvnos. I'd go with Air voice over the discounts and better cs.

Feedback Score
    Thanks for the tips on Air Voice and Jolt. I read about a $25 Metro PCS unlimited plan somewhere, but they don't seem to have that plan on their website. I was hoping there was something in the 25-30 range. But $35 isn't bad.

Phone
    HTC ONE
    Carrier
    Cricket Wireless
    Feedback Score
    I switched my mom's metro pcs phone over to airvoice yesterday. It was so easy and the porting process took less than 10 minutes. She was on the $25 talk and text plan but it made sense to switched to airvoice because they use att network and they have better coverage. The phone that the mailed to my home I didnt like it, it was outdated so I went to best buy and pick up a go phone then pop in the airvoice sim card. So far there are no complaints and their customer service is excellent.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using HowardForums

Carrier
    Straight Talk BYOP
    Feedback Score
    Keep in mind that the $35 plan does not include mms (picture messeging) if that's important too you then $40 well be the cheapest way to go as far as I know.

Sent from my Desire HD using HowardForums
    "Oh Peter I absolutely love what you've done with the place... It's so sterile, so bland, so wonderful!"

Queen Latifah

Carriers
    Straight Talk
    Feedback Score
    Cheapest way you can do with Data is Straight Talk.. 45 a month for unlimited talk, text and Web. Byop program uses both att and t mo service. Have had it for about 6 months and have had very little complaints.

Sent from my HTC PH39100 using HowardForums

Carriers
    Straight Talk
    Feedback Score
    Shoot, nix that comment. Didn't see the no data needed thing.. good Luck..

Sent from my HTC PH39100 using HowardForums

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Lucky893 View Post
    Tie between Air Voice and Jolt Mobile at $35 each.
    Well it is really not a tie between AV & JM because JM charges a 3.5% "Convenience Fee" each time they charge your credit card. Also JM SIM cards are much more expensive at $15 a pop although I think I remember one seller on eBay selling it for $7.

So in short, first month of service would cost you the following:

AV = $33.53 ($32.54 for plan + $0.99 for SIM)
    JM = $43.23 ($35 for plan + $7 for SIM + $1.23 convenience fee)

Carrier
    AT&T GoPhone
    Feedback Score
    metroPCS has $25 unlimited talk and text
    http://www.metropcs.com/metro/promot...Id=promo150010

They may or may not cover your area though. They aren't a MVNO strictly speaking since they operate their own network and roam on Sprint.

Phones
    SAM T404g
    MOT W490,Nokia 6030
    SE TM506,LG VX5600
    Carrier
    T-MO/TRAC/VZ
    Feedback Score
    http://www.libertywireless.com/

This sprint mvno is posting an unlimited talk & text plan for $20. They only have two phones-a razr and sanyo flip. Don't know much about them but prepaidreviews has comments. most of the comments and description seem to refer to earlier plans.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by timdennis View Post
    http://www.libertywireless.com/

This sprint mvno is posting an unlimited talk & text plan for $20. They only have two phones-a razr and sanyo flip. Don't know much about them but prepaidreviews has comments. most of the comments and description seem to refer to earlier plans.
    Wow that is cheap! I've known about Liberty Wireless, but I think this must be new because like you said, all the reviews refer to 500 minute plans for $20. I'm tempted to try this out just to see how it works out. If anyone here is using them can you let us know your opinion?

Feedback Score
    I signed up for libertywireless and got my phone and activated it. I am pretty happy with the service. It's $20 unlimited talk n text. Customer service looks pretty good on week days.

They take some time to mail the order. They are not very quick in this aspect. Other than that all is well.

Feedback Score
    I just ordered a phone from Liberty today and will let you guys know how it works out. One thing I didn't like was that the shopping cart system on their website is not secure as I didn't see any ssl certificate (I could be wrong). However, you can use Paypal and I chose that because I am not sure how safe it would be to use a credit card on their website. Thanks to all you guys that contributed to this thread, I'm sure many others will benefit!

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by ldorado28 View Post
    I signed up for libertywireless and got my phone and activated it. I am pretty happy with the service. It's $20 unlimited talk n text. Customer service looks pretty good on week days. They take some time to mail the order. They are not very quick in this aspect. Other than that all is well.

Quote Originally Posted by CafeEuropa View Post
    I just ordered a phone from Liberty today and will let you guys know how it works out.
    Questions for you both --

Which phone did you order? Did the system give an estimated delivery date? Is it a card/phone package for $20? Do you choose your own start date? In other words, can you hold the phone and card for a while before you activate it?

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast