Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Next round of layoffs

Carriers
    Robbers
    Feedback Score

Next round of layoffs

Nadir has now axed the training staff. Looking more and more like all these cuts is to give him a nice bonus and too hell what happens to the company 5 or 10 years down the line.
    Rogers:
    Unlimited Canada-wide calling, 2500 sent SMS - $35; 6GB Data - $30 less $10; Call Fwd/xfr - N/C; Local UMA - N/C; Value Pak - $10 $11

Moblicity:
    $29 For $45 plan

Phones
    iPhone4
    iPhone5
    Carriers
    Rogers Wireless
    Feedback Score
    Nadir used to boast Rogers is "customer service oriented"

Phones
    iPhone 5
    iPhone 4, 3G, Sony Ericsson Z710i, Z600, T310
    Ericsson T18z, Cantel Amigo AT&T 3610
    Carrier
    Fido
    Feedback Score
    "mmmm...profits"

or something like that.
    Unlocked Pentaband iPhone 5 (AWS), unlocked iPhone 4
    Unlimited airtime, Unlimited CAN/US long distance, Unlimited SMS to CAN/US wireless numbers
    2500 Call Forwarding minutes to CAN/US numbers
    CiD, 6GB
    Google Voice for visual voice mail with message transcription, conditional greetings, unlimited messages (vs 35 message cap), remote retrieval from any PC or phone, no auto-purge after 10 days and most importantly no $7-$8 charge.
    $53$65

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by ceredon View Post
    "mmmm...profits"

or something like that.
    You beat me to it

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by fruvous View Post
    Nadir has now axed the training staff. Looking more and more like all these cuts is to give him a nice bonus and too hell what happens to the company 5 or 10 years down the line.
    Really which training staff? The 7 trainers at where I am are still there.

Feedback Score
    "mmmm...profits"

or something like that.
    You say that like it is something bad.

Phones
    iPhone 5
    Carrier
    Fido
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by ircu View Post
    You say that like it is something bad.
    No morality was implied. No judgement.

But it's not like this is a surprise. Blind leading the blind, circling the drain, yadda yadda.

Feedback Score
    To play the devil (ircu's) advocate, you can't really blame CEO's for doing what they can to maintain profits, but you could blame capitalism in general. I do agree that Rogers needs to take a serious look at its business model though if it wants to stop the bloodshed.

Phones
    iPhone4
    iPhone5
    Carriers
    Rogers Wireless
    Feedback Score
    Let's hope Nadir is next on the chopping block.

Phones
    iPhone 5
    Carrier
    Fido
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by ircu View Post
    Really which training staff? The 7 trainers at where I am are still there.
    Check back with them next week once you've caught up. Because let's be honest, after the first round of cuts, when hundreds were sent packing and it made national news and tech blogs, you mentioned you didn't hear about them even days later. Who knows, your whole team might be gone before you know it

Phones
    iPhone 5
    Carrier
    Fido
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Sphanktinator View Post
    To play the devil (ircu's) advocate, you can't really blame CEO's for doing what they can to maintain profits, but you could blame capitalism in general. I do agree that Rogers needs to take a serious look at its business model though if it wants to stop the bloodshed.
    Actually, you can blame the CEO. It has been on Nadir's watch that Rogers has been crumbling. It has been under his watch that they have taken such an anti-customer stance. It has been under his watch that their APRU has been shriveling. Under his watch that customer growth has plummeted and entered a drawn out phase of stagnation. His solution for this, instead of trying to fix the problems with the company is to artificially bump margins by cutting staff. The problem with that is that you can only cut so many costs. The only sustainable way to improve profitability is to increase revenue. This could be by increasing revenue per customer (while maintaining enough customers) or increasing your customer base (while maintaining enough revenue per) or preferably both. He doesn't really seem to have a clue how to achieve either, hence the cuts to drive margins. Once those cuts are complete, the spiral simply continues. In fact the cuts will almost definitely accelerate the spiral.

So, yes, you can blame the CEO, when he has led the company into failure. It is unfortunate that the underlings don't see they are sheep being led to the slaughter.

Phones
    iPhone4
    iPhone5
    Carriers
    Rogers Wireless
    Feedback Score
    Actually, you can blame the CEO. It has been on Nadir's watch that Rogers has been crumbling. It has been under his watch that they have taken such an anti-customer stance. It has been under his watch that their APRU has been shriveling. Under his watch that customer growth has plummeted and entered a drawn out phase of stagnation. His solution for this, instead of trying to fix the problems with the company is to artificially bump margins by cutting staff. The problem with that is that you can only cut so many costs. The only sustainable way to improve profitability is to increase revenue. This could be by increasing revenue per customer (while maintaining enough customers) or increasing your customer base (while maintaining enough revenue per) or preferably both. He doesn't really seem to have a clue how to achieve either, hence the cuts to drive margins. Once those cuts are complete, the spiral simply continues. In fact the cuts will almost definitely accelerate the spiral.

So, yes, you can blame the CEO, when he has led the company into failure. It is unfortunate that the underlings don't see they are sheep being led to the slaughter.
    If only they can take a look what bell and telus is doing.

Phone
    iPhone 5
    Carrier
    Rogers
    Feedback Score
    I wonder how much the new incumbents (ie wind, mobilicity), have hurt rogers.

personally, i hope a lot - rogers deserves to suffer

Phones
    iPhone 5
    Carrier
    Fido
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by some-gei View Post
    I wonder how much the new incumbents (ie wind, mobilicity), have hurt rogers.

personally, i hope a lot - rogers deserves to suffer
    They are suffering already, though it seems certain that even worse is coming.

Gotta feel for the employees a bit though. Imagine showing up to work everyday wondering if this is the day you are going to be terminated. Stressful to say the least. I am sure there are those that don't feel this way, but not everyone lives with the head in the sand.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    They are suffering already, though it seems certain that even worse is coming.

Gotta feel for the employees a bit though. Imagine showing up to work everyday wondering if this is the day you are going to be terminated. Stressful to say the least. I am sure there are those that don't feel this way, but not everyone lives with the head in the sand.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast