Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Error message on S390g *Blocking Defence*

Feedback Score

Error message on S390g *Blocking Defence*

Name:  DSCF0261.JPG
Views: 2592
Size:  1.33 MB

I contacted Miami Resolutions about this error and It got forwarded to the engineer department and I also sent an email with this picture to erdmanagement@tracfone.com.

The error seems to occur at random times and i dont know what triggers it. It happened to me two times in the last hour.

The error will stay on the phones screen until I am forced to reboot the phone during the time it appears on the screen I am unable to receive calls and txts. I am being charged a full service day when I am in fact not receiving a full day of service.

I know there are others with this error and i have spoken to one person who called about this issue and tracfone sent them a new battery but that was not the issue as that person still received the same error message after replacing the battery.

Wish me luck I know i got a long road ahead of me.

Phone
    S390G LG500G T404G T301G V170
    Carrier
    TracFone (AT&T SIM)
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by John Mcdoogle View Post
    The error seems to occur at random times and i dont know what triggers it. It happened to me two times in the last hour.

The error will stay on the phones screen until I am forced to reboot the phone during the time it appears on the screen I am unable to receive calls and txts. I am being charged a full service day when I am in fact not receiving a full day of service.
    I don't get the "full day of service" complaint. Reboot the phone and go on.

No clue what causes it, but it looks like a memory protection error.
    Sort of like a Windows BSOD (blue screen of death) or a *nix kernel panic.

I've hit it a couple of times. Even played with the option in #6. Not enough info to debug further.

So, just hit ### mentioned in the last line, and the phone reboots in a few seconds.

Feedback Score
    I am just trying to be proactive and avoid the day where it says to reboot and it wont reboot.

I dont know what is confusing about the full day of service complaint.

Phone
    Carrier
    TracFone (AT&T SIM)
    Feedback Score
    I am just trying to be proactive and avoid the day where it says to reboot and it wont reboot.
    Like I said, it looks like a MS Windows BSOD. Not much we can do about it, just like with Windows.

I don't know what is confusing about the full day of service complaint.
    You loose less than a minute of service when it happens. Even if you have to reboot 5 times in one day, you still get 1435 out of 1440 minutes, 99.6% of the day.

Just like Windows, it's annoying but it's not that common, and recovery is quick.

Carriers
    TracFone
    Feedback Score
    It's happened to me one time so far. I tried to turn the phone off, but that didn't work so I did a hard reboot. I took the battery out and after about 30 seconds put it back in and all was well again.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by ST Dog View Post
    Like I said, it looks like a MS Windows BSOD. Not much we can do about it, just like with Windows.

You loose less than a minute of service when it happens. Even if you have to reboot 5 times in one day, you still get 1435 out of 1440 minutes, 99.6% of the day.

Just like Windows, it's annoying but it's not that common, and recovery is quick.
    when the error is on the screen you can receive calls or txts? I dont check my phone often so the error could be on the screen for hours and not just the time to reboot.

Phone
    Carrier
    TracFone (AT&T SIM)
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by NanaC View Post
    It's happened to me one time so far. I tried to turn the phone off, but that didn't work so I did a hard reboot. I took the battery out and after about 30 seconds put it back in and all was well again.
    Try following the onscreen instructions, "Tripple # key : Rebooting"
    so, hit the key with # on it 3 times and it will reboot.

when the error is on the screen you can receive calls or txts?
    I dont check my phone often so the error could be on the screen for hours and not just the time to reboot.
    No, no calls or texts until rebooted.
    I have yet to have it happen when I wasn't actively using the phone though.

Have you pulled it out of your pocket or case and it been displaying the screen?

Feedback Score
    Try following the onscreen instructions, "Tripple # key : Rebooting"
    so, hit the key with # on it 3 times and it will reboot.

No, no calls or texts until rebooted.
    I have yet to have it happen when I wasn't actively using the phone though.

Have you pulled it out of your pocket or case and it been displaying the screen?
    I got it once after opening a game i got from getjar and three times after i pulled out of my pocket. I got the error another time but i think it
    might be connected to having it in my pocket since i had it in my pocket and set it down and checked it later and find the error.

You think the error might be caused by pocket button mashing or overheating?

Phone
    Carrier
    TracFone (AT&T SIM)
    Feedback Score
    You think the error might be caused by pocket button mashing or overheating?
    Button mashing. I carry mine in a belt case with the keys locked and I've only ever got that error when pushing buttons (like starting an app or sending a text)

Feedback Score
    Update: tracfone contacted me after two days and said they will forward it to higher management and
    that they will call me in another two days...

Phone
    Carrier
    TracFone (AT&T SIM)
    Feedback Score
    Don't expect much. They will offer to replace the phone, but I suspect they all have the problem.
    I think it's a programming error.

Feedback Score
    if they send a replacement do they send a prepaid postage to send my old phone back?

if not then when or if i switch is my old phone/serial blacklisted?

Feedback Score

I had the same error message appear on mine, today, for the 2nd time. First time was a couple weeks ago when I tried to click into some file on my SD Card a few minutes after inserting it into the phone for the first time. Earlier tonight, I was playing around with my email feature again. After accessing a URL address inside one of my emails and playing around online a little bit, I went to exit the browser, and as soon as I clicked yes to exit back into my email, the error message showed up. The screen stayed that way for about 15 to 20 secs or so and then automatically rebooted on it's own.

ST Dog, you mentioned playing around with option #6 and clicking triple # key. I also noticed where it says "Sendkey: Previous Screen". Would you happen to know if pressing the send key will actually work to exit out of the error message screen and back to previous screen? Can't help but wonder whether or not you or anyone else on here has tried that option or not. Next time my phone shows the error message, I will definitely try and then re post if nobody else beats me to it.

Also, what's MS Windows BSOD?

Carrier
    NET10/TracFone
    Feedback Score
    if they send a replacement do they send a prepaid postage to send my old phone back?

if not then when or if i switch is my old phone/serial blacklisted?
    If they send a replacement, they will send you a postage-prepaid envelope or box to return the old phone.

Phone
    Carrier
    TracFone (AT&T SIM)
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Steve Miscisin View Post
    I also noticed where it says "Sendkey: Previous Screen". Would you happen to know if pressing the send key will actually work to exit out of the error message screen and back to previous screen? Can't help but wonder whether or not you or anyone else on here has tried that option or not. Next time my phone shows the error message, I will definitely try and then re post if nobody else beats me to it.
    It just shows the previous screen. Could be useful for figuring out what led to the error.
    You still have to reboot before the phone is functional.

Also, what's MS Windows BSOD?
    Blue Screen Of Death. The a low level operating system error screen.
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Blue_Screen_of_Death

How long have you used Windows? It doesn't happen as often as it used to (with XP an newer) but it still happens.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast