Thread: Straight Talk SIM on Walmart.com

Carrier
    Ting, Republic Wireless
    Feedback Score

Straight Talk SIM on Walmart.com

Questions?? Read the FAQs: The Prepaid FAQ . The Straight Talk FAQ
    Disagree with someone? Be Nice!
    Report posts that violate the rules by clicking the dark triangle at the bottom, left of the post.

Carriers
    Straight Talk
    Feedback Score
    That's at least a step in the right direction. You can get free ship to store, but it's not as fast as getting it shipped directly to you. Someone mentioned a pilot program of in-store sales a few weeks ago. I that thread, I believe they were welling a 3pack of sims including one of each variety. That would be a better deal if you knew someone needing microsim and you needed minisim and you could go in together. We'll see where this goes. I still say that it's going to actually harm the program if they don't give some serious training to their phone staff. We'll end up with all kinds of problems from people who want a "buy it and it works out of the box" experience.

Carriers
    Straight Talk (ATT SIM)
    Feedback Score
    I think it should remain the same as it is now the average walmart shopper has no clue what an APN is or how to change it heck half the people with Verizon or sprint iPhones will try it and say it does not work. Unless Walmart dedicates staff to set up everything this could be bad.

Feedback Score
    I think SIMs at Walmart should only be sold to people who actually "Bring Your Own Phone" to the store, and have someone set it up for them at the point of purchase.

Carrier
    Aio
    Feedback Score
    WalMart description states "Straight Talk AT&T Compatible SIM Card "
    but the picture shows "Unlocked Phone Activation Kit".
    I don't think Wally knows what they are selling, and I'll bet most potential customers won't know what they are purchasing.
    I foresee a lot of problems there.
    Last edited by dougeeebear; 08-25-2012 at 10:54 AM.
    Samsung Galaxy Express SGH-I437P 4G LTE on Aio Wireless

Phones
    Motorola ATRIX 2
    Verizon iPhone 4S (Wife's)
    Carriers
    Straight Talk, Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by pzwnyc View Post
    I think SIMs at Walmart should only be sold to people who actually "Bring Your Own Phone" to the store, and have someone set it up for them at the point of purchase.
    I'm not sure that would help any since Walmart employees know very little about the services they sell and I don't think they would be very helpful. When my Father was looking into switching to ST just about a year ago a Walmart employee told us the LG 231C basic phone he was interested in buying would roam on AT&T and Sprint so he would have virtually full nationwide coverage. And another Walmart saleman had told him the week before when I wasn't there that ST did not allow phone number porting.

I'm not knocking Walmart employees, it's most likely not their fault since they probably receive little to no training.

Phone
    Atrix/Skyrocket/R455C/Samsung Jack
    Carrier
    GoPhone LTE
    Feedback Score
    walmart letsem train each other. same model straight talk uses. maybe there will be opportunity

Feedback Score
    I just ordered from Walmart.com On the straight talk site, they wanted another $5 for shipping (or 33% of the purchase price), whereas site-to-store on walmart.com is free (but takes longer). If I don't pick it up, I get a refund according to the disclaimer at the bottom of the order confirmation screen.

Since ST is (owned, right?) by Walmart, I can't imagine the sim cards being Different from the ST site vs walmart.com.

Guess we'll find out.

Carrier
    Straight Talk
    Feedback Score
    ST isn't owned by Walmart ... They simply have an exclusive retail sales contract with them.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Andrew Melton View Post
    Since ST is (owned, right?) by Walmart, I can't imagine the sim cards being Different from the ST site vs walmart.com.
    Actually, ST is owned by América Móvil, parent company of TracFone.

In the United States, it operates under the trademarks TracFone, Net10, Straight Talk and Simple Mobile, and is the leading national pre-paid wireless service.
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Am%C3%A9rica_M%C3%B3vil

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Andrew Melton View Post
    I just ordered from Walmart.com On the straight talk site, they wanted another $5 for shipping (or 33% of the purchase price), whereas site-to-store on walmart.com is free (but takes longer). If I don't pick it up, I get a refund according to the disclaimer at the bottom of the order confirmation screen.

Guess we'll find out.
    Iam sure you are getting the same card as if you ordered from ST directly.

My experience with site to store has been very good and items arrived in three to four days. My ST sim from ST took 4 days with 3day Fed Ex shipping which is the lowest cost shipping from ST and I had to wait all day at home for delivery or it would not have been left. Walmart site ti store is a good deal.

Sent from my YP-G70 using Tapatalk

Carrier
    Straight Talk
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by 1776 View Post
    Iam sure you are getting the same card as if you ordered from ST directly.

My experience with site to store has been very good and items arrived in three to four days. My ST sim from ST took 4 days with 3day Fed Ex shipping which is the lowest cost shipping from ST and I had to wait all day at home for delivery or it would not have been left. Walmart site ti store is a good deal.

Sent from my YP-G70 using Tapatalk
    I was hoping this was going to be a thread about cheaper SIM prices....$15 is just dumb for a SIM.

Phones
    Galaxy S3 (Tmobile)
    iPhone 5s (Unlocked)
    LG G2 (T-Mobile)
    Carriers
    T-Mobile
    Iridium
    Feedback Score
    I see their st starter kit in store now here.

It is $53.98, comes with a regular SIM, Micro SIM (I am guessing it is a regular SIM with a Micro SIM cut out), and a $45 service plan card.

Gonna pick one up later today.
    WiFi Guru

Carriers
    Straight Talk
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by wifiguru View Post
    I see their st starter kit in store now here.

It is $53.98, comes with a regular SIM, Micro SIM (I am guessing it is a regular SIM with a Micro SIM cut out), and a $45 service plan card.

Gonna pick one up later today.
    If you don't mind sharing, where is this? We've heard that select stores were going to start receiving these kits in store on a trial basis, so if you don't mind, tell us where you saw them. Thanks.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by ivaz View Post
    I was hoping this was going to be a thread about cheaper SIM prices....$15 is just dumb for a SIM.
    Net10 Standard & Micro SIM cards can be had for less than a buck plus free shipping on eBay (actually, one vendor is selling 2 for $1.25).

Since NT and ST are owned by the same parent company and have the same BYOD plans one can go with NT instead of ST and save money when buying a SIM (NT=$0.99, ST=$14.99). Although NT's unlimited everything plan is $50/month, with auto-pay it is $45.

http://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_saca..._BIN=1&afsrc=1