Phone
    Motorola X
    Carrier
    Verizon Wireless
    Feedback Score

Motorola DROID RAZR M XT907 Pre-Release Thread

Well, here's this:

http://www.engadget.com/2012/08/27/m...-4g-lte-specs/

Engadget seems to think this is not the RAZR HD, rather another Verizon smart phone that will be revealed alongside the HD on the 5th. I'm curious to see how different the RAZR HD will be then, as while this may not be a quad-core beast, it still looks to be a little more powerful than my Galaxy Nexus. If Motorola is going to launch two different smartphones on Verizon at once, then they're going to need to be pretty different. Here's hoping Moto still has an ace up its sleeve.

Phones
    LG Clout, Moto DROID Bionic, DROID RAZR, Galaxy Nexus, Rezound, V9m, VX8000
    Motorola StarTac ST7868W (no longer used)
    Carrier
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by sc4fpse View Post
    Well, here's this:

http://www.engadget.com/2012/08/27/m...-4g-lte-specs/

Engadget seems to think this is not the RAZR HD, rather another Verizon smart phone that will be revealed alongside the HD on the 5th. I'm curious to see how different the RAZR HD will be then, as while this may not be a quad-core beast, it still looks to be a little more powerful than my Galaxy Nexus. If Motorola is going to launch two different smartphones on Verizon at once, then they're going to need to be pretty different. Here's hoping Moto still has an ace up its sleeve.
    Yes, will be two devices, Droid Razr M and Droid Razr HD.
    Too bad the image is whiteout on the Battery listing for the Razr M. Would be interested in its mAh capacity.
    => Read my reviews for the Motorola DROID MAXX, DROID Ultra, and DROID Mini.

=> VX8000 at Disney World:Part 1, Part 2, Part 3, Part 4.

Feedback Score
    Kinda looks like it has a removable battery door

Sent from my DROID RAZR using HowardForums

Phones
    Carrier
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by rideflat View Post
    Kinda looks like it has a removable battery door

Hmm, doesn't look removable to me, but hard to tell for sure.

Carrier
    vzw [UL data]
    Feedback Score
    Ho hum. Another tier 1.5 less than cutting edge Moto release. Dual-core, single-gig RAM, 4.3" less buttons, 8 GB IM, ICS, typical camera, yadda-yadda. Solid little unit, with absolutely nothing wrong -- or exciting -- about it.

Although . . . SD and a removable battery would be welcome returns to reality, if both are true. Maybe $149 with renewal at release?

Per OP:
    Quote Originally Posted by sc4fpse View Post
    . . . Here's hoping Moto still has an ace up its sleeve.
    Last edited by TC_Mits; 08-28-2012 at 06:58 AM.
    Learning Android root on my SGSIII while waiting for Ubuntu Phone OS.

The Borg has assimilated US: Supreme Court Blocks Ban on Corporate Political Spending ~ "Resistance is futile."

Perspective instantiates reality.

Feedback Score
    hmm...
    this razr m is the same phone as rumoured intel medfield phone, with main feature - great camera
    what happened with it?

http://www.geek.com/articles/mobile/...aled-20120214/

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by moto_mobile View Post
    hmm...
    this razr m is the same phone as rumoured intel medfield phone, with main feature - great camera
    what happened with it?

http://www.geek.com/articles/mobile/...aled-20120214/
    Good eye, but the earlier leak linking this as an Intel device was probably just faulty. I wouldn't expect an Intel device to be tiny like this anyhow. Unless they are trying to prove a point through Moto's design savvy to show how small a phone with Intel Inside can get??

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by jasaero View Post
    Good eye, but the earlier leak linking this as an Intel device was probably just faulty. I wouldn't expect an Intel device to be tiny like this anyhow. Unless they are trying to prove a point through Moto's design savvy to show how small a phone with Intel Inside can get??
    but if you look more closely on early leaks camera key was present, but on RAZR M is not there (which points in direction that leaked phone maybe really was sort of camera phone)

so this leads me to conclusion that intel phones was delayed a bit, so they reused design from them

this is of course pure speculation based on my great disappointment, because I'm waiting proper Moto cameraphone (with xenon flash) a very long time - from ZN5 and XT720

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by moto_mobile View Post
    but if you look more closely on early leaks camera key was present, but on RAZR M is not there (which points in direction that leaked phone maybe really was sort of camera phone)

so this leads me to conclusion that intel phones was delayed a bit, so they reused design from them

this is of course pure speculation based on my great disappointment, because I'm waiting proper Moto cameraphone (with xenon flash) a very long time - from ZN5 and XT720
    Pretty sure camera buttons come and go as the design gets closer to being an actual device. That was obviously an early mockup from someone that probably wanted such a thing, but ended up getting shot down. Don't think that says anything about whether it was an Intel device or not. That could have been a pure concept even I suppose and not really even decided as to what sorta components would be used for all we know.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by jasaero View Post
    Pretty sure camera buttons come and go as the design gets closer to being an actual device. That was obviously an early mockup from someone that probably wanted such a thing, but ended up getting shot down. Don't think that says anything about whether it was an Intel device or not. That could have been a pure concept even I suppose and not really even decided as to what sorta components would be used for all we know.
    but i must admit, it was a really realistic mockup (you can see even new Blur ICS features - like icon flicking )

but anyway...it seems that Moto-Medfield phone is not so far away
    http://www.engadget.com/2012/08/29/m...-invite-intel/

Phones
    Carrier
    Verizon
    Feedback Score

Phones
    Maxx VE, E815, Razr V9m, Moto Driod, Moto Droid X, Droid Bionic, Droid Razr Maxx, Droid Razr Maxx HD
    V710
    8767 timeport startac
    Carrier
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    I was told, one phone release is fitting between the Org razr and the razr Max. What ever that means.

Phones
    Carrier
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Accessories page makes an appearance:
    http://www.phonearena.com/news/Motor...s-site_id34076

Feedback Score
    I'm gonna predict that the edge to edge display isn't going to be as edge to edge as we're being lead to believe

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by rideflat View Post
    I'm gonna predict that the edge to edge display isn't going to be as edge to edge as we're being lead to believe

I agree, unless they they pull a fast one and have a super secret third device. Worse part though is that this M seems to have a MUCH more edge to edge display than the HD, but it's got a HUGE chine on the bottom with both lots of glass and frame. HD seems improved from the OG RAZR's and Atrix HD, but still. And even the HD and M might be closer than the seem simply due to the M having a more bulky frame less "glass" bezel while the HD is more thin framed with extra glass. Neither seems to trump the newest Galaxy device much if at all.

I am probably more excited for the HTC event at this point. Or maybe Nokia. Atleast you have a interesting display and/or camera advances almost sure deal with those two. These Moto's seem to less deplorably packaged Atrix HD's rather than something totally new from Moto.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast