Thread: Straight talk phones on Verizon network

Feedback Score

Straight talk phones on Verizon network

Hello,

I've searched and found a lot of threads about the opposite of this, but none that are what I'm looking for.

I have a basic plan with unlimited texts as an "add-a-line" for Verizon. Currently, I'm using a Smartphone which adds the $30/month. I want to switch back to a basic phone, which will automatically take off that charge, however, the only one I have is your standard flip phone. I do a lot of texting, and want something with a full keyboard. I see a lot of these prepaid phones for less than $100, are there any of them that I can buy that I can use on my plan? I know that if it is a Verizon branded prepaid phone, it has to be activated for 6 months, is the same true for phones from other prepaid carriers?

Thanks!

Phone
    Atrix/Skyrocket/R455C/Samsung Jack
    Carrier
    GoPhone LTE
    Feedback Score
    you can not use any of st phones on verizon or vice versa
    period

Carrier
    Straight Talk
    Feedback Score
    Verizon has quite a few feature phones with qwerty keyboards that you can buy for prepaid at WalMart and radio shacks. Just buy one outright, sub $100 and activate the phone on your account. You don't have to activate it on their prepaid service. Lots of researched would have told you it has to be a Verizon branded device to use on Verizon.........
    Sent from my Venue Pro via the HowardForums WP7 App

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by benjamin.kelley View Post
    Verizon has quite a few feature phones with qwerty keyboards that you can buy for prepaid at WalMart and radio shacks. Just buy one outright, sub $100 and activate the phone on your account. You don't have to activate it on their prepaid service. Lots of researched would have told you it has to be a Verizon branded device to use on Verizon.........
    Just bought the Pantech Caper, went to activate it on my plan (call *228, select option 1) and it says it needs to be active for 6 months on a prepaid plan, am I doing something wrong...?

Carrier
    Straight Talk
    Feedback Score
    Call and get them to do it over the phone. I've done it before as a temp replacement phone. If anything tell them you broke your smartphone and bought the caper as a cheap replacement phone.