Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Thread: New Tmobile mvno "Ultra" to launch in October

Feedback Score

New Tmobile mvno "Ultra" to launch in October

http://ultraagents.com/default.aspx
    29.00 unlimited talk/text
    39.00 unlimited talk/text/3g data plus 250 min intl calling
    49.00 unlimited talk/text/4g data plus 1000 min intl calling.

Sounds like mostly what Simple is offering except for the ultra low utnt plan.

I hope they do well and aren't just an mvno within an mvno running off of Simple. We could use more Tmobile/gsm based options. Puts the pressure on the Att mvnos to keep from slacking off...

Phones
    Nokia 5310 w/Jabra BT250V handsfree, Nokia 6010, Nokia 6030
    Nokia 6310i, Nokia 8310 (Europe)
    Carrier
    T-Mobile US, Fido, T-Mobile NL, Orange IL
    Feedback Score
    All I can say is you'd better have an alternate plan if something goes awry. MVNOs by and large do not have good histories of longevity and lots have gone under. The most recent MVNO hitched to T-Mobile Tuyo Mobile went under just a couple of months ago.
    Moderator yahoogroups forum T-Mobile-US http://groups.yahoo.com/group/T-Mobile-US

Feedback Score
    That talk and text plan will be perfect

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Telekom View Post
    All I can say is you'd better have an alternate plan if something goes awry. MVNOs by and large do not have good histories of longevity and lots have gone under. The most recent MVNO hitched to T-Mobile Tuyo Mobile went under just a couple of months ago.
    Tuyo was not a "recent" Tmobile mvno. http://www.prepaidgsm.net/forum/amer...yo-mobile.html They were around since at least 2006 as online posts will attest. They were around long before Simple Mobile and the recent unlimited mvno boom started by Boost back in January 2009. Tmobile has a number of mvnos including Docomo USA, Walmart Family Mobile, parts of Tracfone, Net10 and Straight Talk, Tru, Spot Mobile, Simple Mobile of course and others. These were all established way before the new Tmobile's aggressive new move towards helping develop new mvnos ala Sprint. http://news.cnet.com/8301-1035_3-573...-is-it-enough/

Tmobile is fighting mad , with no iphone but flush with spectrum and cash from the failed merger, they are going all in with new truly unlimited postpaid data high speed plans, pushing their hspa plus network to its limits and plans to roll out LTE next year as well as develop its 1900 gsm spectrum into gsm iphone compatible material. Tmobile is firing on all cylinders and has no Att murder, uh merger attempt hanging over its head to hold it back. They are in the best shape mentally they've been in years and are hungry on top of it. That's a good thing for them. And for us consumers. By a big margin.

Lots of mvnos have ALWAYS gone under but the real deals stay around, thick and thin like Red Pocket, Air Voice, Locus /H20, Total Call, Platinum Tel, Mingo Wireless, Ready Mobile, STI, and even some new players like Simple. With new mvnos and even mvnos within mvnos coming up all the time, it's EASY to have a backup plan on prepaid as there is no long term commitment anyway.

As for poor Tuyo, they were strangled by Tmobile's stupidly bassackwards attitudes towards mvnos before they were in so much trouble they realized they really need those little guys. While Sprint and Att developed their mvno programs, Tmoble rejected some three dozen possible candidates with their arrogance. The the iphone and the recession came along. http://www.prepaidphonenews.com/2012...own-april.html

I much prefer the new leaner and meaner Tmobile vs the old one.

With it's combo of 4g level speeds and byod with gsm phones, Tmobile mvnos including Ultra are much welcomed into the increasing exciting prepaid wireless market.

By the way, Gsm Nation is just one of a number of new Tmobile mvnos launching later this year. http://gigaom.com/mobile/meet-gsm-na...ry-smartphone/

We'll see how it all goes. I hope Tmobile ends up equalling Sprint's (lame coverage, no 4g and no byod) mvno program.

Phone
    Galaxy S4, ZTE Sonata
    Carrier
    VZW 4G Prepaid, Cricket
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by fonezfonz View Post

We'll see how it all goes. I hope Tmobile ends up equalling Sprint's (lame coverage, no 4g and no byod) mvno program.
    T-Mobile is circling the toilet bowl and fighting for its very existance.

It's great that at least they will fight to the last subscriber and are getting on the MVNO bandwagon.

Coverage is very subjective (as you well know) and 4G is not a " be all end all" criteria as much as the carriers make it seem. According to Apple It's not and is backed by the volume of device sales.
    You yourself use a feature phone, does 4G matter?

Ting, a Sprint MVNO will be implementing full BYOD Q4/2012.

Sent from my HTCEVOV4G using HowardForums

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by billm261 View Post
    T-Mobile is circling the toilet bowl and fighting for its very existance.

It's great that at least they will fight to the last subscriber and are getting on the MVNO bandwagon.

Coverage is very subjective (as you well know) and 4G is not a " be all end all" criteria as much as the carriers make it seem. According to Apple It's not and is backed by the volume of device sales.
    You yourself use a feature phone, does 4G matter?

Ting, a Sprint MVNO will be implementing full BYOD Q4/2012.

Ting may have byod but has all kinds of limitations. No non Sprint devices, no Berries,no iphone,no this no that. Just the fact Sprint has an mvno with byod besides fly by nighters like Zapp isn't impressive. A step in the right direction but most definitely one fraught with restrictions up the yin yang compared to Tmobile's gsm freedom. Yeah , their 3G band isn't universal. So what? They are working on refarming 1900mhz pcs to
    3G anyway. You say implementing full BYOD. I say bunk. Full byod? Not even close.

Yeah, I use a feature phone. What does that have to do with the fact that 4G is attractive to the many people who want it? What does my personal choice have anything to do with the masses? Irrelevant and close to a personal attack and another typical nitpick on your part.

No duh coverage is subjective, that's like saying the sky is blue or the sun is hot here in Hofoland. Sprint and Tmobile native coverage are about equal but Tmo has the advantage of way better byod, Mvnos have 4g level speeds and prices are comparable to Sprint mvnos. Price and unlimited have always been Sprint mvno strongpoints. Tmobile is taking a lesson from them.

Tmobile will stand and fight. I respect that. Maybe you do, maybe you don't, but I hope they beat Sprint to a bloody pulp in the prepaid arena. If they use their strengths against Sprint's weaknesses it is possible.

Phone
    Galaxy S4, ZTE Sonata
    Carrier
    VZW 4G Prepaid, Cricket
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by fonezfonz View Post
    Ting may have byod but has all kinds of limitations. No non Sprint devices, no Berries,no iphone,no this no that. Just the fact Sprint has an mvno with byod besides fly by nighters like Zapp isn't impressive. A step in the right direction but most definitely one fraught with restrictions up the yin yang compared to Tmobile's gsm freedom. Yeah , their 3G band isn't universal. So what? They are working on refarming 1900mhz pcs to
    3G anyway. You say implementing full BYOD. I say bunk. Full byod? Not even close.

Yeah, I use a feature phone. What does that have to do with the fact that 4G is attractive to the many people who want it? What does my personal choice have anything to do with the masses? Irrelevant and close to a personal attack and another typical nitpick on your part.

No duh coverage is subjective, that's like saying the sky is blue or the sun is hot here in Hofoland. Sprint and Tmobile native coverage are about equal but Tmo has the advantage of way better byod, Mvnos have 4g level speeds and prices are comparable to Sprint mvnos. Price and unlimited have always been Sprint mvno strongpoints. Tmobile is taking a lesson from them.

Tmobile will stand and fight. I respect that. Maybe you do, maybe you don't, but I hope they beat Sprint to a bloody pulp in the prepaid arena. If they use their strengths against Sprint's weaknesses it is possible.
    No, its not an attack or nit picking but 4 G has been marketed to us as " the must have" criteria It's not. Your feature phone (as well as our LG Rumor Touch) work just fine on 3G. Heck, this new EVO does well with it.

T-Mobile has turned into a pretty sad, pathetic carrier who was and may still be) willing to send its customers to slaughter.

If becoming the prepaid champ means something then they can have that title. The CEO of any postpaid company should be fired if that's the goal. Sprint is the #2 prepaid carrier, something T-Mobile will never be.

I'd like to see more BYOD also but there are also technical limitations on CDMA. Just trying to get MMS on an EVO with Page Plus (for example) was a nightmare. GSM has a great advantage there.

Phone
    Galaxy S4, ZTE Sonata
    Carrier
    VZW 4G Prepaid, Cricket
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Telekom View Post
    MVNOs by and large do not have good histories of longevity and lots have gone under

Just my opinion but I can't think of that many reasons to be on a T -Mobile MVNO unless your just the ultimate cheapskate or dead broke.

If T Mobile really wants the prepaid crown they should have been the ones buying Simple Mobile. Why leave any money on the table. Create a new prepaid brand and run with it.

Like Sprint or not they have played the prepaid game fairly well. Not everyone would know that Sprint, Virgin and Boost are under the same ownership. They have a good prepaid division and a decent MVNO program.

Feedback Score
    Uh guys, isn't this thread about upcoming Tmobile mvno ULTRA and not how well or badly Tmobile itself is doing? Maybe mod should close this thread as it is rapidly getting off course.

Feedback Score
    Obviously the link in the original post is for Ultra Mobile's dealers. Looks like there is no end-users site up yet. Hopefully, the end-user site is better than the one which you get when you add www & .com to ultramobile.

Phones
    att , nokia 1100, moto 376g
    iPhone 4s-64 + many others
    Carriers
    att, trac, pageplus
    Feedback Score
    It looks like they have global texting which is a good benefit to customers that use it
    trying to come up with better signature.......

Phones
    Nokia 5310 w/Jabra BT250V handsfree, Nokia 6010, Nokia 6030
    Nokia 6310i, Nokia 8310 (Europe)
    Carrier
    T-Mobile US, Fido, T-Mobile NL, Orange IL
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by billm261 View Post
    Just my opinion but I can't think of that many reasons to be on a T -Mobile MVNO unless your just the ultimate cheapskate or dead broke.

If T Mobile really wants the prepaid crown they should have been the ones buying Simple Mobile. Why leave any money on the table. Create a new prepaid brand and run with it.

Like Sprint or not they have played the prepaid game fairly well. Not everyone would know that Sprint, Virgin and Boost are under the same ownership. They have a good prepaid division and a decent MVNO program.
    Of course Sprint played the MVNO program really well. They have the most excess spectrum. Same with AT&T having the most GSM MVNOs as well. They have tons more spectrum than T-Mobile.

Carrier
    AT&T Wireless
    Feedback Score
    The question is, what will their "3G" speeds on the $39 plan be throttled at? Will it be 260kbps like Simple Mobile? Up it to 1-2 mbps with 250 min international calling (which Simple does NOT include) and global text and I'm sold!

Carrier
    AT&T GoPhone
    Feedback Score
    According to http://www.fiercewireless.com/story/...ice/2012-09-05
    Speeds will be slowed after 1GB!!! Wheres the value??

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by silentjudge View Post
    According to http://www.fiercewireless.com/story/...ice/2012-09-05
    Speeds will be slowed after 1GB!!! Wheres the value??
    Not such a great deal if that's the case. Talk is Ultra Mobile will be offering 4.9 cents a minute, text and unit of data (I assume megabyte) along with 30, 90 and one year expiry. If that's the case, it makes for a good entry into the prepaid paygo arena outstripping Ptel's plan in data (5 cents vs 10 cents a meg). We shall see. If they can't offer something better then Simple or Tmobile prepaid, they'd better offer something different.

Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast