Thread: Question about "roaming" with Net10 CDMA Android

Carrier
    Virgin Mobile USA
    Feedback Score

Question about "roaming" with Net10 CDMA Android

Does anyone on the board have first-hand experience with roaming (or not being able to roam) with the Verizon-provisioned Net10 Androids (Unlimited Monthly) to CDMA networks that fall-into VZWs "Rural LTE in America" program?

For those who don't know about "Rural LTE in America", it's a partnership between VZW and several small CDMA operators, in which VZW gives the local carrier some of VZW's spectrum, and some 4G LTE equipment, while the local carrier builds/operates/maintains the cell sites. An advantage right out the gate is VZW customers gets CDMA access in places that were once exclusive to residents of the rural communities, while the local carrier's customers now have the ability to roam on one of America's biggest networks.

Back to the question -- I'm speaking of the Bluegrass Cellular territory in Central Kentucky -- specifically, the strecth of I-65 that begins south of Louisville Metro and extends south to the Kentucky-Tennessee state line. I already know that regular VZW contract phones can now seamlessly roam into that territory since VZW and BGC established their partnership, last year -- I'm just wondering if my Net10 phone has the ability to do the same, or is it restricted to areas where VZW owns/operates their own towers?

Thanks!

Feedback Score
    you are restricted to verizion native coverage only (no roaming)
    unlike AT&T-Tmobile which has roaming.

Carrier
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    I'm sure someone will chime in with actual experience, but everything I've read has said you will only get Verizon's native network. I guess that's one of the concessions you make to pay considerably less per month compared to Verizon.
    Castrol EDGE 5W-30 is my drug of choice.

Primary: iPhone 6 64GB, Lumia 635, & LG L90: 5 lines, 1x $15 5GB data, 2x $5 Android web, 1x $2.99 T-Zones, corp discount + $10/mo loyalty discount = $93/mo tax inclusive
    Secondary: iPhone 4S & Optimus Dynamic II: TracFone (Verizon); LG Mach: RingPlus (Sprint)
    Tablet: iPad Mini Retina w/ T-Mobile 4G LTE

Carrier
    Virgin Mobile USA
    Feedback Score
    Thanks for the replies -- and, yes, the service only works on VZW's native network (which means if you are traveling through the portion of Kentucky served by Bluegrass Cellular, your phone won't have service until you hit the KY/TN state line, Louisville/Jefferson County metro, Owensboro, and Paducah).

I imagine the same rules are also in effect with the VZW's other "Rural LTE in America" partners around the U.S...

Phone
    S390G LG500G T404G T301G V170
    Carrier
    TracFone (AT&T SIM)
    Feedback Score
    Interesting since the other NET10 CDMA phones do roam.

Anyone have actual experience with a NET10 Droid and another NET10 phone to verify the difference in roaming or is this based on what NET10 is saying?

Preferably a side-by-side comparison.