Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: Anyone heard of Chit Chat Wireless?

Carriers
    AT&T mobile share
    T-mobile prepaid
    Feedback Score

Post Anyone heard of Chit Chat Wireless?

I saw this article announcing the emergence of a new Sprint MVNO (as if there aren't enough already) called Chit Chat wireless. It seemed like could be worth looking at with plans starting at 9.95 a month. It hasn't launch yet but will in Wichita this September while in other states (Texas, New Mexico, and Missouri).

Source Article: http://www.prepaidmvno.com/2012/08/2...3g-4g-service/

Carriers
    Straight Talk
    Virgin Mobile
    Feedback Score
    It looks like Sprint coverage with roaming onto Verizon? At 19.95
    unlimited talk & text, and a $5 data add on, it might be just what my husband is looking for.

BUT.. did you see all those taxes and fees.?????? Holy crap. Page Plus @ $29.95 per month with refills through Callingmart might still end up being cheaper!

Sent from my HTC Inspire on Straight Talk using HowardForums
    My Phone Can Amortize, Can Yours?

Carriers
    AT&T mobile share
    T-mobile prepaid
    Feedback Score
    At those prices seems like there is no roaming outside the Sprint network. I also found the data addons to be shady being they don't list a set MB amount only some general examples of usage.

So in the end it's best to not be fooled by the rock bottom prices offered by chit chat and voyager being that taxes and fees are not included increasing the actual total price

Carriers
    Net10
    Clear
    Feedback Score
    just the 100+1 new Sprint MVNO. There's too many and this has a dull brand.

Phone
    Galaxy S4 & Optimus G
    Carrier
    Verizon & Sprint
    Feedback Score
    I dunno, seems pretty cheap to me.

Most of the fees and taxes are based on the plans cost so how bad can it be on a 19.99 plan? With my state (which is one of the highest) it all adds about 17.5% to your bill.

Carriers
    Net10
    Clear
    Feedback Score
    $10 shipping fee, $15 activation fee (they still have those in prepaid?) $15 ESN Change Fee (WTF?), $15 MDN Change Fee, $2-$3 infrastructure fee (ugh hum voyager mobile), + tax (17.5%!!!!). Another case of the 100+1 Sprint MVNOs. Best fraudar you can have with these sprint MVNO brands is the golden rule in prepaid, if it isn't in retail, it's probably TOO GOOD TO BE TRUE!

Quote Originally Posted by billm261 View Post
    I dunno, seems pretty cheap to me.

Most of the fees and taxes are based on the plans cost so how bad can it be on a 19.99 plan? With my state (which is one of the highest) it all adds about 17.5% to your bill.

Phone
    Motorola StarTAC, 1st gen iPhone 16GB
    Carrier
    Page Plus & KTC PACE Cellular
    Feedback Score
    has anyone tried this one yet? It looks like hidden fees are around 3 to 7 dollars. Still an economical "unlimited" plan though.

Any word on roaming coverage rates?

Phone
    EVO 4G LTE
    Carrier
    Sprint
    Feedback Score
    They are showing BYOSD:

ChitChat Mobile
    http://chitchatmobile.com/

Also,

Local State and Federal taxes/fees vary specifically by State, some MVNOs include these Federal and State taxes/fees in their advertised pricing while others do not. Here are the official local State rates which range from 2% - 18% : http://www.mywireless.org/state-issu...-tax-rankings/
    Sensorly --- Signal Check Pro --- Root Metrics

$100 - 4 Lines (Framily)
    $15 - 2GB Tablet Plan
    $15 - 2GB Tablet Plan

Feedback Score
    Unlimited talk/text for $19 and byosd . Good combo.

Carriers
    AT&T mobile share
    T-mobile prepaid
    Feedback Score

Re: Anyone heard of Chit Chat Wireless?

I hope they don't become another Mingo, or at least not* anytime soon.
    Last edited by randamin; 12-20-2012 at 11:30 AM.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by randamin View Post
    I hope they don't become another Mingo, or at least anytime soon.
    Probably not. They appear to be a chain of local/regional brick and morter wireless stores who are branching out into the mvno business. Their model is more postpaid it seems as they do have taxes and additional fees. Their $20 unlimited talk/text will come out to an average of about $25 depending on the region and local/state taxes.
    They do offer a dealer program and byosd. Their parent company, Chit Chat Holdings LLC is a multimillion dollar company that has been around for a few years so they aren't totally with no background. If they are merely expanding out to another arena of the wireless business then I wouldn't worry too much. There are other "carriers" with less backing then they have. Next G Mobile, a new Verizon mvno appears to be based on the same model. A relatively successful local chain decides to create a national presence by going into the mvno business. We'll see how it works out. Even if another Mingo happens (and it will , if not with this Sprint mvno, another one as so many are being launched), there is at least a lot of byosd options out there now to salvage a potential disaster (like Eco, Ptel/Sprint and Prepayd did for Mingo customers left stranded).

If they get aggressive and really push a dealer program and make themselves known on a national basis (Mingo had no dealer program and no byosd), then they may have a chance at buidling a nationwide presence. We'll see how they do.

Carriers
    Net10
    Clear
    Feedback Score
    Chit Chat went bankrupt in the past. I'd be careful putting your phone on their network if you want to guarantee keeping your number http://www.bizjournals.com/wichita/s...9/daily21.html

Feedback Score
    that's probably why i haven't hear back from them. bummer. their pricing was great! $9.99 for tons of texting and $5 for light data.

Feedback Score

Chit Chat Mobile

Quote Originally Posted by theSUIT View Post
    Chit Chat went bankrupt in the past. I'd be careful putting your phone on their network if you want to guarantee keeping your number
    This article is from almost six years ago when the owners split the company. At that time we were a dealer for a different wireless company and have since become our own.

I will be happy to answer any questions that arise on the forum. Have a happy new year!

Heath

Feedback Score

I have tried to respond to your PM, but it says your inbox is full.

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast