Page 1 of 120 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 51 101 ... LastLast

Thread: Lycamobile coming to the U.S. and Canada

Feedback Score

Lycamobile coming to the U.S. and Canada

http://www.ft.com/intl/cms/s/0/8d142...#axzz25LucYapR

Not much info mentioned other than them claiming they will offer a good customer experience. Are they like the AOL of Europe or something? I somehow am getting the urge to request a sim.

Feedback Score
    They are open now and initially available in 18 states. Looks like it is another T-Mobile-based MVNO. There are 3 plans:

$49 - Unlimited Talk, Unlimited Text, and Unlimited Data (1st 250MB at 4G)
    $39 - Unlimited Talk, Unlimited Text, and Unlimited Data (1st 100MB at $g)
    Paygo - 4 cents per minute, 4 cents per sms, 6 cents per MB

For paygo, there is not seem to be any mention of what the minimum refill requirement is to keep the account active. Website does says you can port your old number. Plus as mentioned in its similarity to AOL of yesteryear, Lycamobile seems to want to send a free sim to everybody.

Feedback Score
    Their Terms & Conditions page mentions something about topping up within 90 days and not losing your balance. In addition, the choices to refill are: $5 and Other. So does not mean you can keep going at $5 every 90 days? Who knows.

On that same Terms & Conditions page, there is lots of talk about taxes which may or may not affect domestic paygo. Whatever the case is, the order form for the sim is screwy. After you enter your zip code, up pops up a number of addresses in your zip code. Obviously if you are from a big city, there is no way the few addresses that popup will be yours. So it is almost impossible to even order a sim.

Carriers
    H2O Wireless - AT&T GoPhone
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Conan Edogawa View Post
    Whatever the case is, the order form for the sim is screwy. After you enter your zip code, up pops up a number of addresses in your zip code. Obviously if you are from a big city, there is no way the few addresses that popup will be yours. So it is almost impossible to even order a sim.
    Yeah I just tried this. It's messed up. Would've loved to try them out.

Carriers
    WIND Mobile (09/2010-present)
    Bell 05/2005-08/2006, Virgin Mobile Canada 08/2006-11/2009, Fido 11/2009-09/2010
    Feedback Score
    Hah wow, yeah that is indeed screwy. Even Point Roberts 98281, all that appears are PO boxes. And they won't let you enter in an extended ZIP code. Maybe you can order one by phone.

6c/MB is actually reasonably good for PPU data. If you use more than 50 MB/day, T-Mo's own $3/day plan is still better for visitors.

Carriers
    ekit, Truphone
    piranha, Worldsim
    Feedback Score
    Keep playing and filling in boxes. I had to put the same info for 'house number' and address.
    keep trying folks!

Feedback Score
    I suspect Lycamobile was trying to get cute in using zip+4 codes instead of the regular 5 digit one. In this case, the glitch is that in zip code field only allows 8 digits instead of 9. Eight digits will not work though. Only five digits will. Thus, the only way this current setup will find your address is if your +4 code is at the start of the numbering system.

Carriers
    ekit, Truphone
    piranha, Worldsim
    Feedback Score
    I suspect Lycamobile was trying to get cute in using zip+4 codes instead of the regular 5 digit one.
    And who even knows, let alone uses their zip+4? [I for one...............but.........]

Feedback Score
    I can't find any map on their web site. Does it include roaming? or It's only TMo native.
    Looks like prices competitive to Ptel's PayGo

Carriers
    ekit, Truphone
    piranha, Worldsim
    Feedback Score

Los Angeles What speed will 6c/MB get you??

I wonder what speed one get for 6c/MB ??

They say:
    I you top-up your Account within ninety (90) days from the date you registered or activated your Account or your last use of the Services (whichever is later), the amount of the top-up credit you purchased will be added to the credit balance in your Account at the time of your top-up.
    If I read this correctly, your balance lasts ['rolls over'] as long as you 'use' before 90 days are up. And the 90 day countdown begins again. Of course, is that what they really mean?

Feedback Score
    I suspect Lycamobile was trying to get cute in using zip+4 codes instead of the regular 5 digit one. In this case, the glitch is that in zip code field only allows 8 digits instead of 9. Eight digits will not work though. Only five digits will. Thus, the only way this current setup will find your address is if your +4 code is at the start of the numbering system.
    FWIW - after entering your 5 digit zip code just choose one of the addresses given (even if it is not yours), then the website will allow you to enter your street address - just click on submit and you're done. I guess we'll find out if this is legit, but except for text prices, this seems to meet or beat Paygo Ptel and Airvoice on talk, data, and minimum cost per month. I am skeptical about customer service and porting until I hear more feedback from other users.

Phones
    :: Samsung Galaxy S2 :: Nokia Lumia 710 :: LG Optimus F3 ::
    :: Samsung Galaxy S2 ::
    :: Nokia Lumia 521 ::
    Carrier
    ::T~Mobile 2 Go :: Lycamobile :: PTel ::
    Feedback Score
    " Your FREE SIM request has been successful. "

So I am in for one.
    After I heard about the new T~Mobile Prepaid Plans

Carriers
    WIND Mobile (09/2010-present)
    Bell 05/2005-08/2006, Virgin Mobile Canada 08/2006-11/2009, Fido 11/2009-09/2010
    Feedback Score

Re: Lycamobile coming to the U.S. and Canada

I tried and it only lets me edit the apartment number field. The field with the street name is not editable.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using HowardForums

Feedback Score
    Yeah, can't change street name too, only house number. So if street is not listed then no luck

Carrier
    Ting
    Feedback Score
    Select any address at all in your Zip Code and click confirm. Then the display will switch to a field based display and you can change it to whatever you want.

Quote Originally Posted by efredmi View Post
    Yeah, can't change street name too, only house number. So if street is not listed then no luck
    Questions?? Read the FAQs: The Prepaid FAQ . The Straight Talk FAQ
    Disagree with someone? Be Nice!
    Report posts that violate the rules by clicking the dark triangle at the bottom, left of the post.

I have blocked some Hofo users and so I don't see and won't respond to messages from them.

Page 1 of 120 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 51 101 ... LastLast